None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2505 posts
571 upvotes

Forum Update

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know that we have finished the forum maintenance and upgrade.

Things you will notice and things we have changed:

1. text editor - you will see that it's new and improved. Which includes Auto Save!!
2. Optimized some of the plugins we use so that there's less processing on each page load
3. Made a small adjustment to the forums source so that pages will load significantly faster.
4. Upgrade the underlying libraries to the same ones that the RFD front-end uses.
5. Fixed geolocation in the menu.
6. Updated jQuery.
7. Improved the performance of the sidebar blocks that pull forum posts.
8. Updated the search libraries to index and search more efficiently.
9. Various style fixes.
10. Fixing some links, removing dead links.

Please let us now if are encountering any issues with the forum

edit: _Allan_ was beyond quick and started this thread for issues Doesn't matter which thread you use, just as long as it is logged and it will be investigated and looked after.

Thank you very much
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
132 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4136 upvotes
Toronto
Site seems even faster now for me too, great services. I like the extra font editing controls and new UI. (Auto Save! nice!) But just some weird commas next to nicknames on certain screens though, so wondering if that's a bug. So far looks good.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106489 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I noticed the autosave and the pretty new edit window :)

And you guys managed to get everything done in under the 2-4 hour original estimate, too (what, now you're taking lessons from the Montgomery Scott School of Engineering? :lol :) !

Thanks.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Sep 27, 2003
9603 posts
2304 upvotes
Newmarket
New PM inbox issue since last night's update.

Unread messages show as "read" (not bold) and read messages show as "unread" (not bold).
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
9408 posts
968 upvotes
GTA
Just came to post the same thing. I was like WTF this morning...
Jul 5, 2004
23826 posts
3385 upvotes
Since the update, the site appears to be either incredibly fast, or it hangs for 30+ seconds. When it works, it's faster than before, which is nice.
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Oh hey, the unread PMs are bolded...
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2006
1419 posts
268 upvotes
Dropdown at the bottom always displays "Settings" instead of the currently selected forum
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
25490 posts
3684 upvotes
Hamilton
"Last Page" on the Touch site is failing again.
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
yoshi838 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2012 9:23 am
My situation is different from what OP described.

I have 0 unread messages at the upper right 'user panel'. But then when I go into my Inbox, all the subjects are bolded.
Wait, damnit, brainfart -- I meant to say my read messages are bolded. :o . I don't know if my unread messages would be unbolded as I don't have any in stock.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1804 posts
260 upvotes
North York
OctaneChicken wrote:
Jun 13th, 2012 9:15 am
Dropdown at the bottom always displays "Settings" instead of the currently selected forum
just noticed this and about to start a thread and saw this. i find this very annoying as i use this as my main navigation.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5090 posts
254 upvotes
Fantaz wrote:
Jun 13th, 2012 5:15 am
Site seems even faster now for me too, great services. I like the extra font editing controls and new UI. (Auto Save! nice!) But just some weird commas next to nicknames on certain screens though, so wondering if that's a bug. So far looks good.
I wonder if the space between the extra commas are due to invisible users?