• Jun 20th, 2012 9:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
I like how you folks got rid of the extra comma space between names listed in the who is viewing this thread thing below. But the extra comma space still exists when you look at, say, a poll in a thread and the votes are visible.

site-comments-suggestions-a-poll6748/

You admin folks got heaps on your plate, so I'm not expecting this to be solved any time soon. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
45ED wrote: I like how you folks got rid of the extra comma space between names listed in the who is viewing this thread thing below. But the extra comma space still exists when you look at, say, a poll in a thread and the votes are visible.

site-comments-suggestions-a-poll6748/

You admin folks got heaps on your plate, so I'm not expecting this to be solved any time soon. Just wanted to give a heads up.
Thanks, logged the issue! :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7741 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
Kaitlyn wrote: That would be a little surprising to me... but either way, that doesn't mean it was right before. As I said - you should be able to set your timezone and configure DST settings.

Thanks
EVERY TIME I COME BACK to the site, I have to go into my options, and "save" them again (see the pic) so that things show up in EST (well AST so it's proper). There is something wrong in RFD servers, that is preventing date/time settings from being retained.
_Allan_ wrote: :cry: Every time I come back to the boards (since the update...) my time is set to GMT ... even after I set it to -4 in my settings.
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/ek2f04.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6733 posts
3994 upvotes
Toronto
_Allan_ wrote: EVERY TIME I COME BACK to the site, I have to go into my options, and "save" them again (see the pic) so that things show up in EST (well AST so it's proper). There is something wrong in RFD servers, that is preventing date/time settings from being retained.
Weird, I've never had to do that. I set my time zone back when I first joined the site, and to the best of my recollection I've never had to change it since, and I've never had any issues with the time.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
Weird. Time is off by a hour on Touch site
hated on but respected.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
I hate having Today's Posts showing up as the first link under Quicklinks. If a new link is to be added, it really should be added at the bottom, as now the order of the links have been rearranged. Doing this makes me (and I am sure others) constantly pick the wrong links. I know that it is an annoyance and I'll eventually get used to it, but I think an easy solve would be just to have anything new at the bottom.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7741 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
So, the time issue I'm having somehow relates to the WYSIWYG editor issues I'm having.
I'll go to Personal Options and set my timezone. Save.
Go to Forum Options and set my editor to WYSIWYG and the Advanced Upload thing, save, and the time is out of wack.

So Summary:
for me personally:
If I set the time, I'm stuck with BBCode editor (and unable to Tab+Enter to submit messages, unless I first set the WYSIWYG editor before making a post...)
If I set the WYSIWYG mode on, my time is set to GMT.

I'm up sh*t creek without a paddle it seems, as by now everyone has gone home for the weekend.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
Emocon on the Touch site is not working
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Dunno if this is due to the forum update, or if it's due to a totally unrelated cause, but has anyone noticed that neither the "Posts with Most Thanks" box nor the "Newest Threads" box are updating anymore?

The leading post in the "Posts with Most Thanks" box is currently "Insane prices from 10 cities across Canada to Istanbul, Turkey - from $693 all in" and underneath it says "Posted 2 days ago by cmyden", except that when you go to the actual post, the timestamp shows that it was posted on Jun 13th, 2012 at 01:20 AM, which is over four days ago, not two.

Similarly, the leading post in the "Newest Threads" box is currently "Matthew Good free Concert at Toronto Yonge/Dundas Square (NXNE)" and underneath it says "Posted Just now by water_boy", except that when you go to the actual post, the timestamp shows that it was posted on Jun 15th, 2012 at 09:41 AM.

That's also the case with the "Popular Threads" box.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The daily forum updates emails are coming at ~8pm EDT instead of midnight. This has been going on for several days now.
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jerryhung wrote: I get that too, but I don't mind though
I'm sure it's a low priority but it's still indicative that something's wrong, which is why I'm reporting it.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3922 posts
305 upvotes
Why do I keep getting the mobile version of the forums on my laptop when using google chrome? Just started like that today.
Sep 30, 2001
30147 posts
10132 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure what is the cause, but adding tags to a newly created thread (by me) in OT gives the following error:

"MrDisco, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7741 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
ronin1701 wrote: The daily forum updates emails are coming at ~8pm EDT instead of midnight. This has been going on for several days now.
jerryhung wrote: I get that too, but I don't mind though
Because the board is set to UTC, which is 4 hours ahead of our time zone. When they did the update, they set the board to GMT (and made it seem as if it had ALWAYS been that way LOL) so now, you're emails are being sent at 12am. Just 12am UTC, instead of 12am EDT.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
_Allan_ wrote: Because the board is set to UTC, which is 4 hours ahead of our time zone. When they did the update, they set the board to GMT (and made it seem as if it had ALWAYS been that way LOL) so now, you're emails are being sent at 12am. Just 12am UTC, instead of 12am EDT.
Bizarre. So they set it to UTC but without adjusting for DST?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)