• Jun 20th, 2012 9:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30096 posts
1350 upvotes
Fernando Po
I looked at it and knew exactly the source of the problem. ;)
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10333 posts
901 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi everyone,

The upgrade went smoothly and unfortunately it wasn't until hours later that we experienced some performance issues directly related to the upgrade. Rest assured, we are working to iron out the performance issues ASAP. It should already be quite a bit better than last night.

Thank you all for your patience!
Dec 8, 2007
193 posts
406 upvotes
I hope this is the right thread to post.

Since the update, when I sent a PM it shows up in Sent Items but it doesn't in Confirmed/Unconfirmed messages. Schrodinger's PM?

Also, if I go Confirmed/Unconfirmed messages page I can't open any of the old messages (of course the new ones do not exist). How can I be sure that a PM has been sent?
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106490 upvotes
Richmond Hill
tylerversion2 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 3:52 am
Unfortunately, there was emergency maintenance (as some of you may have noticed) and the forums were down for a little over an hour.

It turns out that somewhere along the way I broke MySQL replication. All is well again, but you may have an issue where the page constantly refreshes. If it's happening to you, go back to the homepage and logout. In about an hour it'll all be fine again. In the meantime you can still browse the forums.

Everything should be good by sunrise...which isn't too far off by the looks of it :|
Kaitlyn wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 9:07 am
Hi everyone,

The upgrade went smoothly and unfortunately it wasn't until hours later that we experienced some performance issues directly related to the upgrade. Rest assured, we are working to iron out the performance issues ASAP. It should already be quite a bit better than last night.

Thank you all for your patience!
MUCH, MUCH better this morning, thanks!

(And noticeably faster than pre-upgrade, too!)
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Banned
Aug 21, 2011
1286 posts
336 upvotes
witz wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 9:21 am
I hope this is the right thread to post.

Since the update, when I sent a PM it shows up in Sent Items but it doesn't in Confirmed/Unconfirmed messages. Schrodinger's PM?

Also, if I go Confirmed/Unconfirmed messages page I can't open any of the old messages (of course the new ones do not exist). How can I be sure that a PM has been sent?
I had a new message last night and read and tried to delete it last night but it wouldn't delete, and keep bringing Unread message alerts to every page I visited. Now the message is gone from my inbox, but it still says "(Unread 1)" even still. All the messages in my PM's are read... will this bug fix?
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
ronin1701 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 9:40 am
MUCH, MUCH better this morning, thanks!

(And noticeably faster than pre-upgrade, too!)
I'm happy to hear that! Our server statistics are much more level and sane now. I'll be keeping an eye on it all day, reacting to any issues that arise as soon as possible.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
992 upvotes
N/A
hmm,
is this by design?

Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission

* You have included a total of 2 videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

The use of videos is subject to them being enabled by the administrator.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1747 upvotes
How many cups of coffee and cans of Redbull did you had? :razz: And are you booking a friday off tomorrow for an extended long weekend? ;)
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
ippon wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 10:36 am
hmm,
is this by design?

Errors
The following errors occurred with your submission

* You have included a total of 2 videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

The use of videos is subject to them being enabled by the administrator.
There's a new permission that says how many videos you're allowed to post. It used to be tied into the # of images. I'll let oranr and Kaitlyn battle it out for what the correct # is for that limit.
mrperfect wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 10:49 am
How many cups of coffee and cans of Redbull did you had? :razz: And are you booking a friday off tomorrow for an extended long weekend? ;)
I'm on coffee #2 and going strong. Working from home today!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
992 upvotes
N/A
tylerversion2 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 11:20 am
There's a new permission that says how many videos you're allowed to post. It used to be tied into the # of images. I'll let oranr and Kaitlyn battle it out for what the correct # is for that limit.
hmm, it was only two youtube vids.
“Children see magic because they look for it.”
Deal Addict
May 10, 2005
1270 posts
61 upvotes
Is it replaced by Private Messages tab?
Sep 14, 2003
644 posts
369 upvotes
Toronto
... just noticed that the "Search Forum" link on the grey bar the top is gone! PANIC!
How do I search threads on the whole site.. omg omg omg omg........

:)
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
videonerd wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 3:16 pm
... just noticed that the "Search Forum" link on the grey bar the top is gone! PANIC!

...Uh, I can see it...
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
videonerd wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 3:16 pm

Sorry! Search was disabled a moment ago because our indexes weren't updating properly. I had to bring it down and start from scratch. Should be all good now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7608 posts
390 upvotes
Scarborough
tylerversion2 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2012 3:26 pm
Sorry! Search was disabled a moment ago because our indexes weren't updating properly. I had to bring it down and start from scratch. Should be all good now.
Please fix the time issues on the server. Every time you take the servers down, it resets
the board time to GMT, and the only fix for that is to change it in the profile. You have to reset the current location on the server to EST, and enable DST settings.

Thank you!