• Jun 20th, 2012 9:27 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2006
7741 posts
399 upvotes
Scarborough
ronin1701 wrote: Bizarre. So they set it to UTC but without adjusting for DST?
Well, if you check above for my large photo, and go back a page or two, you'll see me mention to the Admin/Dev's about my time zone issue, and they deny doing anything. BUT if the emails used to be sent at 12am ET and now being sent at 8pm ET, than there is something the dev's or admins did, and not something you and I did.
As for not using DST, well who can tell with the wonky stuff going on? (here's hoping I don't get banned for blaming this on the culprits! *L*)
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
_Allan_ wrote: Well, if you check above for my large photo, and go back a page or two, you'll see me mention to the Admin/Dev's about my time zone issue, and they deny doing anything. BUT if the emails used to be sent at 12am ET and now being sent at 8pm ET, than there is something the dev's or admins did, and not something you and I did.
As for not using DST, well who can tell with the wonky stuff going on? (here's hoping I don't get banned for blaming this on the culprits! *L*)
We made no explicit changes. I said there may indeed be an issue, and we'll look into it.
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
cheapmeister wrote: The quick jump menu at the bottom of the page is left on Settings, but before it would be the same as the section you are on.
This has been fixed. Thank you for the report!
Deal Guru
May 25, 2011
10100 posts
14411 upvotes
tylerversion2 wrote: This has been fixed. Thank you for the report!
Thanks for fixing that - so now that you have an excess of idle time on your hands: I miss the newest thread updates. They are frozen.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
ishfish wrote: Thanks for fixing that - so now that you have an excess of idle time on your hands: I miss the newest thread updates. They are frozen.
Not just "Newest Threads". "Popular Threads" and "Most Thanks" as well.

forum-update-1189095/8/#post14905960
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Sep 26, 2010
422 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
ishfish wrote: Thanks for fixing that - so now that you have an excess of idle time on your hands: I miss the newest thread updates. They are frozen.
ronin1701 wrote: Not just "Newest Threads". "Popular Threads" and "Most Thanks" as well.

forum-update-1189095/8/#post14905960
They were indeed broken. In the core transition we left on an extra parameter to the cache which told it to cache forever. It has been corrected so that those blocks will refresh every 5 minutes.
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OK, this is interesting. I've got forum options set to GMT-5 as my time zone, but the timestamps on forum posts are showing as 12:xxAM (it's currently 8:xxPM where I am). This definitely wasn't happening to me before a few minutes ago.

Update - Nevermind, it seems to have resolved itself. Still odd though :confused:
Iv ta'be' Hev SoH, ghobe' Qoy lIj mu'mey, as SoH jaH pa' vo' vetlh tuq joq vetlh veng, shake lItha' the dust vo' lIj qamDu' (translation from the original Klingon: And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet)
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27421 posts
6791 upvotes
tylerversion2 wrote: This has been fixed. Thank you for the report!
Did you fix the quick jump box on the mobile site as well?
Deal Expert
Jul 5, 2004
27421 posts
6791 upvotes
Shaner wrote: Did you fix the quick jump box on the mobile site as well?
Nope, it's still not fixed. Not trying to rush you guys on this, but I've mentioned it a few times without it even being acknowledged, so I have no idea if you guys are even aware of the issue.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes
Shaner, thanks for the report. We are aware of the issue and it has been logged for the dev team to take a look at it.

Thanks again!
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
yao416 wrote: Emocon on the Touch site is not working
Please acknowledge
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
yao416 wrote: Emocon on the Touch site is not working
Were they working before? I'm relatively sure emoticons were always turned off on the mobile forums...
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29323 posts
10707 upvotes
Hamilton
Kaitlyn wrote: Were they working before? I'm relatively sure emoticons were always turned off on the mobile forums...
Yes. They were working before the update.
hated on but respected.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)