[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
94 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Forums App (Android) - is Live!

Finally, the long wait is over!

The Forums App (Beta) is going live today! We’re launching the Android app first, with the iOS app to follow shortly.

This is a native experience for the Forums and although we’re still in Beta we have a ton of features in the pipeline - with regular updates planned. Let us know what you think! Helpful suggestions are always welcome and we’ll do our best to implement the best ideas in a timely manner.

Google Play Store link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... rums&hl=en

(Or, search for: "RedFlagDeals Forums" in the Google Play Store on your device)
43 replies
Feb 24, 2016
25 posts
8 upvotes
Uploading pictures from your device is super simple now!
Images
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6286 posts
405 upvotes
Waterloo
I'm on it very sleek and clean design

Subscriptions don't work I replied to this ad and it will not show up on it
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
94 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sassysue wrote:
Oct 7th, 2016 3:54 am
I'm on it very sleek and clean design

Subscriptions don't work I replied to this ad and it will not show up on it
Glad to hear you like it so far.

We're working on the subscriptions bug, it's supposed to work :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
6286 posts
405 upvotes
Waterloo
The apps so much faster than again the apps not at its capacity but love the new layout way better than what we had before gosh its un user friendly
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
3768 posts
301 upvotes
Markham
RealJamesRFD wrote:
Sep 30th, 2016 1:53 pm
Finally, the long wait is over!

The Forums App (Beta) is going live today! We’re launching the Android app first, with the iOS app to follow shortly.

How shortly is shortly?:) I found RFD iOS app really costs data after last big update. Not sure whether due to that those flyers or that egg farmer video ad, but really look forward new forum app in iOS
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
2424 posts
780 upvotes
I love the forums app so far, I only use the forum part of the site and it's nice being able to instantly open into the hot deals without navigating.
FreezingCanada wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2015 5:41 pm
We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8045 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
Looks good, replying seems simple. Much better than the new mobile site.

Hoping to be able to view profiles, multi-quote, and importantly swipe right to go back in the future!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8045 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
A suggestion/comment if this isn't being implemented yet. Can we get a confirmation for logout? The button is pretty big and mispressing it can happen. Would be nice to have a confirmation.
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
94 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chinesedevil wrote:
Oct 10th, 2016 10:34 am
Looks good, replying seems simple. Much better than the new mobile site.

Hoping to be able to view profiles, multi-quote, and importantly swipe right to go back in the future!
Glad you're liking it so far!

Yes to basically all of those! As for the logout button, it's temporary and will reside somewhere in the settings/profile section once it's complete.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1004 posts
251 upvotes
Toronto
What do we have to do in the beta program? Do we have to report any bugs or problems?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
8045 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
Here are some feedback/suggestions after using the app. This, of course, is relevant to the current version and whatever I mention here might already be in the works.
  • Threads aren't marked as read until you scroll to the last post. Maybe mark them as read after you click into the thread.
  • Deal pricing isn't shown at the top of the page a long with other info you would see in the full/mobile version of the site. I'll assume this one is already in the works.
  • The scroll bars to select the page is alright but it's not great. Would be awesome if there were FABs to go to first page, go to last page, go to first unread or the next page. Similar to the regular website.
  • I might be mistaken but I think currently image links open to external browser, would be nice if they can be rendered in-app.
  • I don't RFD's own embedded images can be zoomed in. Would be nice if they could.
  • The current threads don't respect account settings on the website in terms of the number of post to show. Would be nice if it either respected the settings from the site or if you can set it as a setting.
Dec 5, 2011
12 posts
4 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
I wish I could sort threads: that'd be my #1 request. The app is very barebones, and feels like a stripped down version of the regular app for now. Still, I'll be using it, and it has potential.
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
94 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eeto wrote:
Oct 14th, 2016 7:09 pm
What do we have to do in the beta program? Do we have to report any bugs or problems?
Hi eeto,
Technically nothing but use the app. Although if you happen to notice any bugs or things you'd like to see - let us know!
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
94 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto, ON
chinesedevil wrote:
Oct 15th, 2016 3:23 pm
Here are some feedback/suggestions after using the app. This, of course, is relevant to the current version and whatever I mention here might already be in the works.
  • Threads aren't marked as read until you scroll to the last post. Maybe mark them as read after you click into the thread.
  • Deal pricing isn't shown at the top of the page a long with other info you would see in the full/mobile version of the site. I'll assume this one is already in the works.
  • The scroll bars to select the page is alright but it's not great. Would be awesome if there were FABs to go to first page, go to last page, go to first unread or the next page. Similar to the regular website.
  • I might be mistaken but I think currently image links open to external browser, would be nice if they can be rendered in-app.
  • I don't RFD's own embedded images can be zoomed in. Would be nice if they could.
  • The current threads don't respect account settings on the website in terms of the number of post to show. Would be nice if it either respected the settings from the site or if you can set it as a setting.
Thanks for the feedback! To answer some of your questions/comments:
1. It's similar to the way web works - need to go to last page to mark as read -- but it's a good point to discuss nonetheless.
2. Good feedback - in the works.
3. Have you tapped on the pager box in the bottom right --- [ 2 / 12 ] --- if you do it expands. Tweaks are in the works.
4. WebView for the links - in the works.
5. Pinch to zoom - in the works
6. Yep, although a bit down the road.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel