Site Comments & Suggestions

Forums App (Android) - is Live!

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2017 11:04 am
Feb 24, 2016
23 posts
7 upvotes
Another near-final update just went out. This one is mostly cosmetic as it adds some forum icons and cleans up the home screen a bit.

Thanks.
Jun 1, 2008
149 posts
87 upvotes
London
Private messaging not available in the beta? Also I can't seem to edit my posts after initial post with the beta app.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1324 posts
1141 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
A few things I've come across with the Android forums app:

• Can the max number of forums appearing on the Home screen be increased from 3?
  • I noticed that, in the Hot Deals forum, deal Expiry Dates show up on the app when the OP inputs the field but the Price field does not. If the price is not added in the title or within the first post/main page, forum app users need to open the main RFD app to look up the details. Can the Price field be added?
  • Any type of list (bullet or numeric) does not appear as lists but as one string of text (view post #27 above from @RFDMobile or this post in the app and you'll see what I mean).
  • Coloured text does not appear in the forums app (see save-on-foods-darrells-deals-week-ongoi ... #p27424205 for an example). Can this be added?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1324 posts
1141 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
trystee wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 7:25 pm

• Can the max number of forums appearing on the Home screen be increased from 3?
  • I noticed that, in the Hot Deals forum, deal Expiry Dates show up on the app when the OP inputs the field but the Price field does not. If the price is not added in the title or within the first post/main page, forum app users need to open the main RFD app to look up the details. Can the Price field be added?
  • Any type of list (bullet or numeric) does not appear as lists but as one string of text (view post #27 above from @RFDMobile or this post in the app and you'll see what I mean).
  • Coloured text does not appear in the forums app (see http://forums.redflagdeals.com/save-on- ... #p27424205 for an example). Can this be added?
Anyone? @RealJamesRFD?
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
66 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trystee wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 7:25 pm

• Coloured text does not appear in the forums app (see save-on-foods-darrells-deals-week-ongoi ... #p27424205 for an example). Can this be added?
Wups, sorry for the delay!

1. So yes, looking into it now!
2. Sooo, the thing about that is: people rarely seem to add the price to the price field. :( That said, I'll see what we can do to add it in somewhere.
3. Great point, will fix shortly!
4. This should be doable - I'll add it to the list!

Thanks for the tips!
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
66 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomsly wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 11:48 pm
Private messaging not available in the beta? Also I can't seem to edit my posts after initial post with the beta app.
So private messaging is coming, but the first phase will be simplified. After we get it in we'll start to spice it up.

Editing should work, but I'll look into it.
Jul 15, 2015
866 posts
97 upvotes
Having an issue with the Android app and images. It typically shows images as a broken paper icon but using a web browser i can see them fine. Is there an issue with the way the application displays images?
Sorry wanted to clarify this is for the RedFlagDeals app and not the beta forum app.
[OP]
Administrator
Mar 24, 2015
66 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GeneralZod wrote: Having an issue with the Android app and images. It typically shows images as a broken paper icon but using a web browser i can see them fine. Is there an issue with the way the application displays images?
Sorry wanted to clarify this is for the RedFlagDeals app and not the beta forum app.
I'll take a look today!
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel