Site Comments & Suggestions

Forums App (Android) - is Live!

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2017 11:49 pm
Feb 24, 2016
45 posts
12 upvotes
Another near-final update just went out. This one is mostly cosmetic as it adds some forum icons and cleans up the home screen a bit.

Thanks.
Jun 1, 2008
160 posts
91 upvotes
London
Private messaging not available in the beta? Also I can't seem to edit my posts after initial post with the beta app.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1910 posts
2288 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
A few things I've come across with the Android forums app:

• Can the max number of forums appearing on the Home screen be increased from 3?
  • I noticed that, in the Hot Deals forum, deal Expiry Dates show up on the app when the OP inputs the field but the Price field does not. If the price is not added in the title or within the first post/main page, forum app users need to open the main RFD app to look up the details. Can the Price field be added?
  • Any type of list (bullet or numeric) does not appear as lists but as one string of text (view post #27 above from @RFDMobile or this post in the app and you'll see what I mean).
  • Coloured text does not appear in the forums app (see save-on-foods-darrells-deals-week-ongoi ... #p27424205 for an example). Can this be added?
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1910 posts
2288 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
trystee wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 7:25 pm

• Can the max number of forums appearing on the Home screen be increased from 3?
  • I noticed that, in the Hot Deals forum, deal Expiry Dates show up on the app when the OP inputs the field but the Price field does not. If the price is not added in the title or within the first post/main page, forum app users need to open the main RFD app to look up the details. Can the Price field be added?
  • Any type of list (bullet or numeric) does not appear as lists but as one string of text (view post #27 above from @RFDMobile or this post in the app and you'll see what I mean).
  • Coloured text does not appear in the forums app (see http://forums.redflagdeals.com/save-on- ... #p27424205 for an example). Can this be added?
Anyone? @RealJamesRFD?
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
trystee wrote:
Feb 6th, 2017 7:25 pm

• Coloured text does not appear in the forums app (see save-on-foods-darrells-deals-week-ongoi ... #p27424205 for an example). Can this be added?
Wups, sorry for the delay!

1. So yes, looking into it now!
2. Sooo, the thing about that is: people rarely seem to add the price to the price field. :( That said, I'll see what we can do to add it in somewhere.
3. Great point, will fix shortly!
4. This should be doable - I'll add it to the list!

Thanks for the tips!
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomsly wrote:
Dec 25th, 2016 11:48 pm
Private messaging not available in the beta? Also I can't seem to edit my posts after initial post with the beta app.
So private messaging is coming, but the first phase will be simplified. After we get it in we'll start to spice it up.

Editing should work, but I'll look into it.
Jul 15, 2015
862 posts
100 upvotes
Having an issue with the Android app and images. It typically shows images as a broken paper icon but using a web browser i can see them fine. Is there an issue with the way the application displays images?
Sorry wanted to clarify this is for the RedFlagDeals app and not the beta forum app.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GeneralZod wrote: Having an issue with the Android app and images. It typically shows images as a broken paper icon but using a web browser i can see them fine. Is there an issue with the way the application displays images?
Sorry wanted to clarify this is for the RedFlagDeals app and not the beta forum app.
I'll take a look today!
Jul 15, 2015
862 posts
100 upvotes
RealJamesRFD wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2017 11:04 am
I'll take a look today!
Any update on this? The Android application is still not showing images properly (shows a broken paper icon placeholder).
Jan 13, 2004
689 posts
26 upvotes
Markham
Awesome app, is there a way to have the actual thread title bolded instead of the store name?
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
@GeneralZod We can't seem to get this to replicate on our devices here. Any chance you could send me a PM with a screen shot?
Nov 13, 2011
363 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Any way to navigate to a specific page of a thread? Using that scroll bar on the bottom isn't accurate and is way harder than typing in the page number.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
darkcloud8282 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 1:42 am
Any way to navigate to a specific page of a thread? Using that scroll bar on the bottom isn't accurate and is way harder than typing in the page number.
Hey @darkcloud8282 good question/comment.
Currently the only way to jump to a page (vice scrolling down) is to use the pagination button at the bottom. That said, for a thread that has many many pages, do you typically try to go to a certain page, i.e. 596/997 --- or are you just trying to move back/forward in the conversation, without a specific page in mind?
Nov 13, 2011
363 posts
90 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
RealJamesRFD wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 9:54 am
Hey @darkcloud8282 good question/comment.
Currently the only way to jump to a page (vice scrolling down) is to use the pagination button at the bottom. That said, for a thread that has many many pages, do you typically try to go to a certain page, i.e. 596/997 --- or are you just trying to move back/forward in the conversation, without a specific page in mind?
Sometimes I scroll through a long thread and jump around a bit. But I've had a bug where when I try to scroll to the last page and it refreshes back to the first page.
May 29, 2006
147 posts
19 upvotes
Have had an ongoing issue for the past few months. It's intermittent but hoping there's a permanent fix on my side. When I mark all posts as read from the app, when I refresh, it still displays all posts as still unread.