[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
smartie wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 10:18 pm
In profile area, it only has user name and post number, sort of wasting space. It can become a dashboard showing number of new PM, number of new upvote and so on
Or even a link to deal around you
Totally agree, it's on its way.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
smartie wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 10:24 pm
Also the page navigation bar is inconvenient comparing to enter page number. It looks cool but for those 80 plus pages hot deal threads,it's hard to move to specific page. And it seems very sensitive, sometimes it went to certain page before I stop moving bar. Seems as far as I stop moving a very short time, it starts to refresh page

Besides, inside the thread, it should also provide a shortcut to last page and first page button
Good points. Definitely agree with the 1st and Last being easier -- though swipe full right or full left seems kinda easy no?

Question for you: In a thread that does have like 80 pages, do you often find yourself wanting to go to a certain page, for example 57? Or is it more approximate page?
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 10:24 pm
Thanks, ETA on when this would happen?
We've got a backlog of stuff that brings us to End-April. Hopefully shortly after that! -- Sorry probably a little longer than you were expecting.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah we have a bit of refactoring work to do on the thread pages, hopefully that'll speed things up.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
RealJamesRFD wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 8:47 am
Good points. Definitely agree with the 1st and Last being easier -- though swipe full right or full left seems kinda easy no?

Question for you: In a thread that does have like 80 pages, do you often find yourself wanting to go to a certain page, for example 57? Or is it more approximate page?
For most case, I go first and last page, but for those credits card thread, sometimes people comment like " someone has answered same question above" which made me go back to previous a few pages. The page navigation bar is too sensitive, sometimes I just tried to position the correct page, but it just went to certain pages as far as I paused a little bit.
It should be designed as it shouldn't go anywhere until I release bar, not I stop moving bar
Last edited by smartie on Mar 2nd, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
And when I quote a post to reply, the "add photo" occupied such big space and I couldn't even see my typing message, I don't know why it need such big place, could it be moved to between "reply" and " post" button or at the bottom, just need an icon
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
RealJamesRFD wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 8:43 am
Absolutely, that's come up a few times now. We're working on a tweak for that.

(Though for the Hot Deals forum, the bold is the retailer name)
For deal, definitely retailer names can be on the top. A deal in Costco is different from a flea market deal, for discussion, topic is more important
Last edited by smartie on Mar 2nd, 2017 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
And can we change app name from "forums" to Redflagdeals forums " just for marketing purposes. Forums is too general
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
And in the deal page, can I swipe left and right to move between hot deals, deal and freebies and BST, seems I have to click to switch now?
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey smartie,

1. The problem with the title is that "RedFlagDeals Forums" will be too long and actually look like "RedFlagDeals..." which is the name of the main app - for now. So we chose Forums for now.
2. Swiping on the thread reveals the different nav (go to first unread, go to last post) so it might not work when going from tab-to-tab. But I'll add a +1 to that option for future consideration.

Thanks for the continual comments!
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
Have been using new app a week, compared to old one, I found one thing I like old one is it's clean or clear, for example, in hot deal, the retailer and deal on the same row, so it's easy to tell, overall, I can get a lot information by glance at it but in new app, I really need look at it to get same information. It's
the combination of font size , color,layout..

If you study design say PowerPoint slide, you should know not every location is equal in same slide,eyeballs move from one place to another place,so you should put information by their importance.

Do we have design major person to help us develop new app or just technical programmers?

In the home page, it's the most important place and you should make it more interesting, at least you can put some Amazon deals there to get more money ,old one is much better

Overall,i feel new app is good, but not significantly better than old one.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
Btw, where can I find PM information? I must be blinded
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
In home page, can I rearrange forum order? For example, I selected personal finance, home and gardening and hot deal and it shows at above order, but I want to show hot deal first
[OP]
Banned
Mar 24, 2015
121 posts
38 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Hey smartie,

1. You're not blind! PM is not in the app yet, but we're getting there.
2. The re-ordering of the home page is also coming, for now you can 'hack' it by just turning Hot Deals off, then on. It puts the last forum at the top.
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4100 posts
354 upvotes
Markham
When I edit my post and click post button, the post doesn't reflect new content, I have to manually refresh to see new updates

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)