[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1563 posts
33 upvotes

Forumula One Pinnacle Ceramic Tints 35-Fronts; 15-Rears + Strip

Got my 2002 Civic 4dr DX tinted with Formula One Pinnacle Ceramics
35 - 2 front door
15 - 2 rear door, window and windshield strip.
$350.00

Why Formula One Pinnacle Series?
Spec Sheet

Alright, got imageshack to work and pics should be viewable, if they're too big, let me know and i'll resize them.

Image, Image, Image
20 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
7567 posts
1135 upvotes
Sonbuster wrote:
Mar 27th, 2010 3:55 pm
Got my 2002 Civic 4dr DX tinted with Formula One Pinnacle Ceramics
35 - 2 front door
15 - 2 rear door, window and windshield strip.
$350.00

Done @ Lazer Tint

Ask for Masud, Rasheed or Joe.

Are you Masud, Rasheed or Joe?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1563 posts
33 upvotes
Andro wrote:
Mar 27th, 2010 6:28 pm
Are you Masud, Rasheed or Joe?
No, they were the three guys who worked on my car. now to think of it, i think there are only 3 ppl anyway? Ask for anyone.
Feb 12, 2010
508 posts
8 upvotes
Ontario
Jummm something is not right in the OP...I wonder what it is...
Sep 12, 2006
947 posts
19 upvotes
I read your link and I still don't realize why anyone would pay twice the regular cost for this type of tint. I never had any cell phone reception problems with my "cheap" audioheaven tints.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1563 posts
33 upvotes
alex_d10 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2010 8:23 pm
I read your link and I still don't realize why anyone would pay twice the regular cost for this type of tint. I never had any cell phone reception problems with my "cheap" audioheaven tints.
i mainly got the ceramics for their heat rejection. There's another thread regarding a group buy for Pinnacle Ceramics, but i couldn't wait so I decided to just get them. I'm hoping this thread with my pics will give others ideas of what to expect. As for paying double as compared to regular tints, I didn't mind as i had an AMEX gift card covering half of the cost.

before getting the tints, i was back and forth between splitting 35/15 or 15/15, I'm glad I split them as the 15's appear very dark from the outside, even in broad daylight @2pm, it wasn't easy to see through them and i have light grey interior. I didn't want any problems with the cops, so hopefully even the 35's will be ok.

From the inside, they are very clear and reduce glare very well. They're not as dark as they seem, even the 15's, but they still provide a nicer, cooler environment than not having tints.

Sorry if i've mislead ppl into thinking that i work for Lazer Tint, I don't. I created this thread for people in RFD [or those outside who are googling for info] who would like to know what F1 Pinnacle Ceramic in the 35/15 set up look like.

And i hope it's been helpful.
Sep 9, 2007
748 posts
76 upvotes
Surrey
are front tints legal in Ontario?

Illegal in BC > :( . Otherwise it'd be the first thing I'd do to my car.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
9874 posts
588 upvotes
Mississauga
Nutchos wrote:
Mar 27th, 2010 10:30 pm

Nothing on the windshield, front+passenger can have anything above 32% I believe and then anything for the rear.
RFD Users who tell it like it is and aren't sheltered by society's wet blanket:
Syne, a-tree, Shaner, Peckerwood, Anonymouse, Cas77, arisk
arisk wrote:
Oct 15th, 2011 7:45 pm
Banning proper use in a forum such as this simply perpetuates the problem by reinforcing the perspective that all uses of a word are negative.
KorruptioN wrote:
Oct 29th, 2010 9:11 pm
She must be better than all of us real men, at any cost. Feel like talking down to people who don't fit in her narrow-minded demographic? She's got it in spades.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1563 posts
33 upvotes
Nutchos wrote:

from what i'm aware, in ontario, it's up to the officers' discretion, but i'm hoping 35's should be OK. the rears could be 0's [or as dark as you like].
Sep 12, 2006
947 posts
19 upvotes
Nutchos wrote:

I think he just got the strip on the top of the windshield, which comes tinted on most cars anyways.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1563 posts
33 upvotes
alex_d10 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2010 10:45 pm
I think he just got the strip on the top of the windshield, which comes tinted on most cars anyways.
i'm in the process of updating my pics. not sure why, they won't show up, sorry.

That's right, i only got the strip. my car didn't come with it originally. i took advantage of driving towards the sun today :)

Update:
Alright, got imageshack to work and pics should be viewable, if they're too big, let me know and i'll resize them.
Jun 12, 2009
467 posts
47 upvotes
Thanks for the info mate. A few questions:

Price quoted is before tax?

How do you rate the workmanship?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1563 posts
33 upvotes
FastFret wrote:
Mar 29th, 2010 1:56 pm
Thanks for the info mate. A few questions:

Price quoted is before tax?

How do you rate the workmanship?
thanks FastFret.
the price quoted was $395+tax, but i paid $350 cash, try to negotiate for them to throw in the windshield strip for free if you can, otherwise it's a separate $30 for that alone.

the worksmanship is very good. Mind you, M-F they predominantly do requests for the dealerships in the area, such as Porsche, but they should be able to fit you in if you make an appointment.

They only carry Formula one Classic [regular tints] and Pinnacle to my knowledge. They also give you a lifetime warranty card against fading and bubbling and will redo the work free of charge if you're not satisfied.

I hope i've answered your questions.

If pricing is an issue, there's currently a group buy request here at RFD for a place in Scarborough. Pricing is still pending at the moment, but you might end up saving more than i did.
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/cera ... gh-868275/
× < >