Hot Deals

[Fossil.com] Fossil Sport Smartwatch - 129$ - 5 colors - Wear 3100 - 2.5% cashback rakuten - Extra 25% in Outlet Stores YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2020 8:13 pm
Tags:
None
Oct 29, 2013
73 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
killer007 wrote: Thanks, got one
This kind of price I can't resist ahhahaha
Pretty much. Fire sale price! Bought one for me and the wife, my wife doesn't even care about qearables/tech, but she's getting one anyway!
Apr 10, 2009
565 posts
250 upvotes
markham
went to bestbuy at markville mall. got the last grey color one, they only have 3 left in other colors. my first WearOS it is pretty good so far. it was slow at first cuz all the updating and etc.. btw change your animation and dont install google KEEP it lagg the shit out of the watch it was unusable . great watch overall for 145$ thanks OP
Never Trade What You Want Most ,For What You Want In The Moment
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2006
1776 posts
158 upvotes
Gen 4 watches are terrible. Picked one up during their Christmas sales for $190. It so slow and laggy. My 5 year old half dead Pebble Steel works much better. I'm returning the watch.
Opinions posted are that of my own and do not reflect that of any organization.

GTA AYCE Sushi Guide

What is a marriage if not an opportunity to mock someone through thick and thin while simultaneously exploring your deepest, darkest sexual desires - Californication.
May 6, 2019
8 posts
3 upvotes
Also ordered using 10% code "5915SHIP". $130.15 shipped.
Sep 4, 2011
80 posts
16 upvotes
Montreal
The Wear OS H update was just released for this watch and it adds several battery saver options + improved performance.

To those experiencing lag, it can be fixed. I have a Sport and a Gen 4 and they both run great after removing apps that aren't supposed to be there as explained here:

https://hackaday.io/project/163610-rand ... ance-boost

All Fossil watches have poorly configured factory images which is incredibly disappointing, but the good news is it can be fixed. At this price this is a steal.

The Sport is very light and it's without a doubt the most comfortable smartwatch I've tried.
Apr 13, 2005
287 posts
82 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP. Been waiting for a good drop on this model for awhile now. Still bitter about my wear24 dying on me even though I didn't wear it that often.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2006
224 posts
192 upvotes
crabnebula wrote: The Wear OS H update was just released for this watch and it adds several battery saver options + improved performance.

To those experiencing lag, it can be fixed. I have a Sport and a Gen 4 and they both run great after removing apps that aren't supposed to be there as explained here:

https://hackaday.io/project/163610-rand ... ance-boost

All Fossil watches have poorly configured factory images which is incredibly disappointing, but the good news is it can be fixed. At this price this is a steal.

The Sport is very light and it's without a doubt the most comfortable smartwatch I've tried.
I literally just finished doing this and was coming here to post what I did.

I was pretty underwhelmed with the watch after a day of playing with it and was ready to give up on it. But after these steps the thing that was lagging the most by far (Google Assistant) is now pretty darn snappy.

A few things I'd add though:

- My disabled list was a bit different from the hackaday guy, so I kept a few on just to be on the safe side. Below in quotes is the list of what I disabled and kept with a bonus (command copied in front) so just copy / paste 1 by 1.
DISABLED
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.dianping.v1
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sogou.map.android.maps
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.sdu.didi.psnger
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.fitness.aw
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.ticwear.sidewearvoicesearch
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.social.aw
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.account.aw
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fossil.wearables.ds
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fossil.wearables.ks
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fossil.wearables.mk
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fossil.wearables.ms
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.fossil.wearables.pu
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.appsservice
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.health.aw
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.wear.neteasemusic.aw
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.inputmethod.pinyin
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.mobvoi.ticwear.aw.appstore
pm uninstall -k --user 0 ctrip.android.view
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.gotokeep.androidwear
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.amberweather.watch
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.eg.android.AlipayGphone

KEPT
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.wearable.smarthome
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.clockwork.remindersle
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.clockwork.hotwordle
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.google.android.wearable.reminders
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.android.providers.blockednumber
- After that I also went into Settings > App & Notifications > App Info > System Apps and disabled the following from there also:
com.fossil.charge.darter (Charging screen)
Diesel
E-Label (App to display regulatory info https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... l&hl=en_CA)
Keep (Google Keep to takes notes)
Misfit
MK Access
Mobvoi account
Puma Apps
Sogou Maps
Tic Exercice
Tic Health
TicRanking
TicStore
And the 5 or 6 apps with Chinese characters
Finally I deactivated the motion Gestures, oh and also check for updates after you finished restarting from a previous update because for whatever reason it doesn't just go straight to latest version.

Cheers !
P.S.: video quality is what it is, no studio, no tripod (my cell phone was actually on the edge of a shelf held on its corner by a beer and a book)
Last edited by NiKTaMeR on Jan 10th, 2020 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Oct 29, 2013
73 posts
62 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mec9t8 wrote: For those don't mind color and near Vaughan Mills location .. the lady's 41mm version of Light Blue & Red has additional 25% off from $129.

RFD.JPG

I went there tonight and got my xmas purchase (another color) price adjusted to $129.
Wow unreal prices.
May 15, 2012
107 posts
26 upvotes
BRANTFORD
can this play music offline and good with strava/ bike sensors?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2169 posts
1993 upvotes
Alberta
airmail wrote: The reviews are horrible
Most of the reviews I've read rank this as one of the best WearOS watches on the market. Many sites have it listed at the top.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
4986 posts
1702 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lush78 wrote: Most of the reviews I've read rank this as one of the best WearOS watches on the market. Many sites have it listed at the top.
Not on fossil website
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2169 posts
1993 upvotes
Alberta
airmail wrote: Not on fossil website
Yeah. They were mixed. But if you google "best wear os watch" these are on every list, mostly in the top position.

After reading the reviews, I tried to purchase one, but the size/color I want is sold out now...