• Apr 2nd, 2017 8:43 pm
[OP]
Nov 21, 2014
636 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto

found answer, please delete

--
Last edited by CelusC on Mar 30th, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
14 replies
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
CelusC wrote: I will hopefully lease my very first car this weekend, hope i can get some answers before i make the deal, help is really appreciated! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I have decided on the 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX, looking for 36month, 0 down, 24,000km with 6000 extra kms per year (90,000kms total, i drive 100km roundtrip to work everyday). At first i could not decide if i want the Honda Sensing or not, but after i read the reviews it seems like not all that useful after all.

Using Unhaggel i see that the invoice price for 36m 24,000kms is $342, the extra kms are 18,000x$0.08=$1440

The best price i got now:
$398.78 Tax included monthly with 0.01% **(only qualified for loyalty or refundable deposit applied).
or
$414.26 Tax included monthly with 0.99%.

Please let me know if this is a good price, or if anyone that i can contact to get a better price.

My last question is regarding credit, i just recently graduated, since i'm young i did do some dumb stuff therefore my credit score is not so good. I currently have a full-time job, will this be enought? I am also willing to put some down payments if that will help.
I'm only here to chime in on the bolded

While I do think/agree that driver safety is all up to the driver, this could save your life especially the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™) and Forward Collision Warning (FCW). These are split second things that us humans can definitely have an error on.

Lane departures, blind spots and parking sensors are common sense stuff everyone should be doing, but you can't predict the driver infront of you from a sudden stop.

Think it over. My friend who's driven the top of the line Accord yesterday said you can turn each feature off independently if it annoys you.

Maybe you're just too young and a lot isn't on the line (in your mind), but when you get older you'd agree these things should be standard in all cars. I believe all of the 2018 Camrys the Toyota counter part is standard.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17885 posts
1863 upvotes
Woodbridge
Honda Sensing for me is only useful on long drives that you may get get bored and/or tired. I have the Sport Touring and turned these off.

I love it especially the higher trims because of the Aero Kit and other features included.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Jul 4, 2006
888 posts
206 upvotes
Oakville
Personally, I'd never pay $400/mth for a Civic LX. I would wait a while, since this model was just released. If you really like the vehicle, you may want to purchase it. Better pricing will be had if you are patient enough to wait.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13734 posts
2989 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
30k km lease?! That residual is going to be awful. Might as well buy the car or finance it.

As for the Honda Sensing, get it. More and more insurance companies are introducing discounts for having technology employed in Honda Sensing, such as the collision warning and auto braking. These discounts are anywhere from 10% to 15% reduction in auto premiums.
Advan Tire Spring 2020 Michelin Group Buy

Other makes and models are available. See post for full details.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1859 posts
1214 upvotes
CelusC wrote: I will hopefully lease my very first car this weekend, hope i can get some answers before i make the deal, help is really appreciated! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

I have decided on the 2017 Honda Civic Hatch LX, looking for 36month, 0 down, 24,000km with 6000 extra kms per year (90,000kms total, i drive 100km roundtrip to work everyday). At first i could not decide if i want the Honda Sensing or not, but after i read the reviews it seems like not all that useful after all.

Using Unhaggel i see that the invoice price for 36m 24,000kms is $342, the extra kms are 18,000x$0.08=$1440

The best price i got now:
$398.78 Tax included monthly with 0.01% **(only qualified for loyalty or refundable deposit applied).
or
$414.26 Tax included monthly with 0.99%.

Please let me know if this is a good price, or if anyone that i can contact to get a better price.

My last question is regarding credit, i just recently graduated, since i'm young i did do some dumb stuff therefore my credit score is not so good. I currently have a full-time job, will this be enought? I am also willing to put some down payments if that will help.
Go to an Acura dealer today and you can prolly lease a TLX for the same price xD
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2014
636 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: 30k km lease?! That residual is going to be awful. Might as well buy the car or finance it.

As for the Honda Sensing, get it. More and more insurance companies are introducing discounts for having technology employed in Honda Sensing, such as the collision warning and auto braking. These discounts are anywhere from 10% to 15% reduction in auto premiums.
Thanks for your reply, but I do now understand how financing would be better for me. As I said above I travel far to work everyday, hence the need for high kms. if I lease for 3 years by the time I'm done I can just give the car back because most if not all warranty would be expering and car won't worth that much. Why would I want to keep a car with that high mileage and no warranty...
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
[OP]
Nov 21, 2014
636 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
LoANeal wrote: Go to an Acura dealer today and you can prolly lease a TLX for the same price xD
Thanks for the advice, but I went on unhaggel and saw $451 for 36m with only 24,000km. Not sure how mucu the extra 18,000km would be ... But I don't think it's cheap...
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1859 posts
1214 upvotes
CelusC wrote: Thanks for the advice, but I went on unhaggel and saw $451 for 36m with only 24,000km. Not sure how mucu the extra 18,000km would be ... But I don't think it's cheap...
$188.00 bi-weekly plus tax for 16,000km isn't bad. Of course will cost a bit more for more KM. Keep in mind this is a promotion they got running so (30 month lease) so goodness only knows. Also they aren't moving too many of these things (redesign in 2018 is coming) so if you went today, end of the month, you could take them to the freaking cleaners.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
13734 posts
2989 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
CelusC wrote: Thanks for your reply, but I do now understand how financing would be better for me. As I said above I travel far to work everyday, hence the need for high kms. if I lease for 3 years by the time I'm done I can just give the car back because most if not all warranty would be expering and car won't worth that much. Why would I want to keep a car with that high mileage and no warranty...
I understand you travel far for work, but that's why leasing isn't a really good option.

If I remember correctly, Honda warranty is 3 years or 60k km. You'd be done that in just over 2 years. Plus cars don't really need serious repairs until 5 or 6 years into ownership.
Advan Tire Spring 2020 Michelin Group Buy

Other makes and models are available. See post for full details.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
1859 posts
1214 upvotes
geokilla wrote: I understand you travel far for work, but that's why leasing isn't a really good option.

If I remember correctly, Honda warranty is 3 years or 60k km. You'd be done that in just over 2 years. Plus cars don't really need serious repairs until 5 or 6 years into ownership.
Could go mazda as they got that unlimited km warranty...
[OP]
Nov 21, 2014
636 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: 30k km lease?! That residual is going to be awful. Might as well buy the car or finance it.

hmmm interesting, i actually did try few quotes and i dont know why but it is always cheaper when i chose the hatch, about $30 a month, thats a lot. Most of the quote i did online did not have any Honda-sensing model to choose from.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
[OP]
Nov 21, 2014
636 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: I understand you travel far for work, but that's why leasing isn't a really good option.

Yes you are correct, it is 60,000km, I am still relative young so i do not think i'd keep the car after a few years. Right now i live far east, and planning to move to gta within 3 years. Do you still think it is better for me to lease the car, i do not have the cash to buy it outright.
Thanks for the upvote! 😁
Jan 15, 2013
890 posts
157 upvotes
Mississauga
CelusC wrote: Yes you are correct, it is 60,000km, I am still relative young so i do not think i'd keep the car after a few years. Right now i live far east, and planning to move to gta within 3 years. Do you still think it is better for me to lease the car, i do not have the cash to buy it outright.
Downgrade to a Honda Fit and save your pennies. My advise and trust me you'd want to take my advise unless you're banking 100k out of school.