Fashion & Apparel

Found a great seamstress for hemming jeans and pants for cheap in Toronto/Scarborough

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2017 1:36 am
Aug 8, 2008
393 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
Learned my lesson going to cheap tailors before ... their work isn't on par with a more expensive (but fairly so) tailor.

Paid $10 to shorten the sleeves on a blazer; they just chopped it down and sew the buttons on again. Don't want to mention names, but there was a positive thread about them on RFD before.

On the other hand, I paid $30 for a tailor with an actual shop; they properly folded the sleeve to remake the cuff.

Sometimes, you have to pay for quality, but of course, quality is subjective.
Oct 31, 2005
311 posts
4 upvotes
Are you speaking about the OP's tailor @randombuyer ?
Aug 8, 2008
393 posts
87 upvotes
Mississauga
No, vintage, this was a seamstress mentioned on RFD (and the Toronto Star) around Christmas 2012. She was very hardworking and honest though, just her tailoring skills weren't quite up to par.
Sep 25, 2012
57 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
GOOD!!! I found this thread. I just went to Caroline's place. I'll pick my jeans on Monday (she's very busy this time). Hoping it will turn out nice :) thanks a lot.
Oct 31, 2005
311 posts
4 upvotes
chesrem wrote:
Aug 7th, 2014 7:10 pm
GOOD!!! I found this thread. I just went to Caroline's place. I'll pick my jeans on Monday (she's very busy this time). Hoping it will turn out nice :) thanks a lot.
When did you give the jeans to her? Just want to know approx turn around time with her. Thinking about calling her for a visit this weekend.
Sep 25, 2012
57 posts
11 upvotes
Mississauga
I gave it to her yesterday August 7. She asked me if it's urgent and I want to pick it up soon. I said no :) So I'll pick it up on Monday August 11. Cash only and with tax :) It is still $4/jeans for cutting\hemming. She mentioned that she would charge $8/jeans if you want to alter the design (example from flare style to skinny style).
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2008
1632 posts
187 upvotes
Oakville
Is there anyone in the Oakville area,I need a zipper replaced? :cry:
Apr 24, 2006
654 posts
135 upvotes
cns187 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2013 10:03 pm
Agree, I get all my jeans euro hem unless youre buying a cheap pair of jeans it doesn't matter.

I go to this guy in Newmarket he does the job well been going to him for years. On Yonge and Mulock in the Mandarin Plaza.
Do you know the name of his shop in newmarket? What are his prices like?
"I don't even know what this is and i just ordered it... damn it rfd."
"Thanks OP. Didn't need them until RFD'ers convinced me that i did!"
Nov 4, 2013
52 posts
12 upvotes
I get my clothes done at Lawrence Ave E & Victoria Park. Pants are $5.99. Shop's usually open until 8PM. Turnaround time is usually a day. I had him alter the sleeves on a wool coat and he gave it back 2 days after. Try him if you're close the area. 647-340-0108. Look for Sam and tell him Carlo referred you.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2010
3286 posts
419 upvotes
Super Synagogio Worl…
PCDawg wrote:
Jun 26th, 2014 11:30 am
I had the sleeves shorten on the blazer. She removed the buttons to shorten the sleeve and reattached them. I had another jacket that she shortened and also made the arm sleeve less baggy by taking it in.

It was slightly over $10 for the work on the blazer.

You can call her to get a quote as she will give you pricing on the phone.
I'm assuming she doesn't shorten blazers from the shoulder?

Also, anyone else here have any experience with suit/blazer alterations from her?
Jun 13, 2008
702 posts
2 upvotes
gta
best places/tailors to taper jeans?

not many positive experiences for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1357 posts
82 upvotes
Has anyone been lately? How is she for tapering jeans?
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1238 posts
568 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
kimbot wrote:
Sep 19th, 2017 3:38 pm
Has anyone been lately? How is she for tapering jeans?
Bump because I'm looking for recent results as I am in the market for a tailor to alter a few pairs of pants.

Also does anyone know what days she works and what are her working hours? Thanks.
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1238 posts
568 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
bazgrol0413 wrote:
Oct 7th, 2014 4:36 pm
I get my clothes done at Lawrence Ave E & Victoria Park. Pants are $5.99. Shop's usually open until 8PM. Turnaround time is usually a day. I had him alter the sleeves on a wool coat and he gave it back 2 days after. Try him if you're close the area. 647-340-0108. Look for Sam and tell him Carlo referred you.
What is the store's name?
...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.