Sports & Recreation

Found three pairs of ski from the garage, wondering ..

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2017 9:05 am
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
11 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough, ON

Found three pairs of ski from the garage, wondering ..

So I found these skis in the garage. I guess the previous owner forgot take them when they sold their house. Wondering if I can use them in ski resort like ski Dagmar or lakeridge ski. Or if I should sell them and get a proper pair from sport check.
I just start learning ski. Last week i went for my first ski lesson. At the end of the day I can ski on most of the hills except black diamond.
Images
  • IMG_20170318_214511.jpg
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4933 posts
885 upvotes
Whitby
Those skis aren't that old, they are parabolic shape at least. Go ahead and try the pair that's a good length for you.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
5895 posts
568 upvotes
Greely
LOL, he left them behind for a reason. Junk em
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4933 posts
885 upvotes
Whitby
Swerny wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 10:15 am
those don't look to be parabolic to me...and they are quite old.

Junk them OP
They don't look straight to me...sure they aren't trick skis but probably better than most rentals. If size is ok then OP should start with them, seasons almost over so why put brand new skis through the grind of mud/bare patches?
OP, if they don't fit put the 3 pair on Kijiji and you'll get some $ towards a pair of new skis....Scotties (Whitby) end of season sale started in Feb and has good prices.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3530 posts
402 upvotes
Richmond Hill
i would get these skis checked out before using them, if not, sell them online
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
[OP]
Feb 3, 2015
11 posts
3 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Thanks for the reply guys. Here is another picture of the ski. I think these are the parabolic ski, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning the terms.

They are not in terrible shape, but quiet dusty. All the bindings are functional. Now I just need to find a pair of boot for them.
Images
  • IMG_20170320_115406.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9056 posts
1643 upvotes
Toronto
hakimwipes wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 12:16 pm
Thanks for the reply guys. Here is another picture of the ski. I think these are the parabolic ski, correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning the terms.

They are not in terrible shape, but quiet dusty. All the bindings are functional. Now I just need to find a pair of boot for them.
those are at least 20 years old.

I have a pair of 1996 Rossi Viper's at the cottage that look newer than those

https://books.google.ca/books?id=BBsNx6 ... 0x&f=false
Nov 14, 2003
915 posts
14 upvotes
Swerny wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 1:52 pm
those are at least 20 years old.

I have a pair of 1996 Rossi Viper's at the cottage that look newer than those

https://books.google.ca/books?id=BBsNx6 ... 0x&f=false
Rossi Vipers are classics! The first 'shaped' skis I ever tried back in the early 90s!

Ps. OP, As for the skis found in your garage, turn them into a shot skis!