None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 25, 2013
7034 posts
1227 upvotes
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2014 6:48 pm
ive tried cleaning it (even though its brand new you'd think it wouldnt be necessary) by water and dish soap sucking in and out with the converter but made little difference.

i think its the pernament parker quink...whatever staple sells lol

could the pen be defective or cause its a higher end pen?
Staples sells both the permanent and washable Quink, in fact Staples has the best price currently on Quink inks at $8.96/bottle even though their website shows it at $15.64/bottle, I just bought a half dozen of their Washable Blue which always seem to be sold out.

You have a fine nib, fine nibs are usual candidates to nib flow problems. Did you try to exercise the nib by doing some line variation repetition ?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1399 posts
144 upvotes
EdT586 wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2014 3:52 am
Staples sells both the permanent and washable Quink, in fact Staples has the best price currently on Quink inks at $8.96/bottle even though their website shows it at $15.64/bottle, I just bought a half dozen of their Washable Blue which always seem to be sold out.

You have a fine nib, fine nibs are usual candidates to nib flow problems. Did you try to exercise the nib by doing some line variation repetition ?
what is variation reptition? ive used fountain pens (well the prior 2 i have) for 5 years but still a noob lolz

also from the picture, does the writing look right from the expert?
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 25, 2013
7034 posts
1227 upvotes
thatsnazzyiphoneguy wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2014 9:08 am
what is variation reptition? ive used fountain pens (well the prior 2 i have) for 5 years but still a noob lolz

also from the picture, does the writing look right from the expert?
Do repetitive figure 8 or S and then straight line using very little pressure for a fine line to more pressure to get a broader line will show you if your nib is feeding ink properly and will help in opening up the tines a little. What picture ?

Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2012
1802 posts
363 upvotes
Man, I love fountain pens so much, I had a basic Parker and Waterman back in the day ($20~ each).

The problem is that since I am a left handed, knuckle dragging oaf I end up with very inky hands and very smudgy writing.
I stopped using them entirely when I played with a friends Montblanc Rollerball.

I hate the build quality of their basic models, (precious resin, yeah right...) but that ink... it agrees with my left handedness, no more inky hands!

This is what I currently use, a pilot G2 and Montblanc Rollerball refills.

[IMG]http://imgur.com/UDdzF6i.jpg[/IMG]

Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced pen and good ink for left handers?
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 25, 2013
7034 posts
1227 upvotes
plebeian wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2014 3:24 pm
Man, I love fountain pens so much, I had a basic Parker and Waterman back in the day ($20~ each).

The problem is that since I am a left handed, knuckle dragging oaf I end up with very inky hands and very smudgy writing.
I stopped using them entirely when I played with a friends Montblanc Rollerball.

I hate the build quality of their basic models, (precious resin, yeah right...) but that ink... it agrees with my left handedness, no more inky hands!

Anyone have any suggestions for a reasonably priced pen and good ink for left handers?
Hope you know that a $650 Mont-Blanc roller ball is as good as it's $8 refill. Try getting a Jianhao 159 rollerball for $6 on eBay and put a Mont-Blanc refill in it ! ...LoL

[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjAwWDYwMA==/ ... ~60_35.JPG[/IMG]
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1399 posts
144 upvotes
EdT586 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2014 2:11 pm
Looks like it's a fine nib ink feed problem with the skipping. The other two pens look like they have medium nibs so ink flow isn't a problem.
the other 2 pens are actually fine point. the waterman phileas and cross radiance.

my expert III was brand new, cant believe its having issues :(
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Apr 25, 2013
7034 posts
1227 upvotes
Anyone know where you can find ammonia now ? They used to sell them at Canadian Tire, not anymore and I can't find them anywhere like grocery stores or hardware stores anymore, these dam eco-hippies are putting their product$$$ everywhere :(
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
11823 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
ok so anyone recommend a inexpensive pen for student? been using paper mate and big pens

want to try something new
[QUOTE]One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
[/QUOTE]

PSN: Aznkid2000
3000th post Dec 28 07 9:58pm
10,000 post Jan 17 2011 9:45pm
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4101 posts
733 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Aznkid2000 wrote:
May 4th, 2014 11:03 pm
ok so anyone recommend a inexpensive pen for student? been using paper mate and big pens

want to try something new
You mean bic?

There are bic, pilot, and zebra disposable fountain pens now. Cheap and a good intro to fountain pens. Anyone have any thoughts on those disposables?
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
24516 posts
2557 upvotes
Hamilton
plebeian wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2014 3:24 pm

[IMG]http://imgur.com/UDdzF6i.jpg[/IMG]

Where did you buy the montblanc rollerball refills
$35/5GB Koodo
$120/3Months PM
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4287 upvotes
What model number are those montblanc rollerball refills?