Entertainment

FOX 'The X-Files' season 11 (premieres Jan 3 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 1:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17417 posts
12772 upvotes
Toronto
Mini season ends tonight with the episode called "My Struggle II" the other shoe dropping as the premiere episode was titled "My Struggle"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6906 posts
3331 upvotes
Canada
It's like a parody of itself .. .expected so much better.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
Expected so much more. Disappointed with the new episodes.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
The finale is disappointing so far. It's all the same thing, over and over again.
Banned
Dec 12, 2015
278 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Loving it so far...good mix of monster of the week and mythology

Not sure what people are complaining about..its 6 episodes.. It gives a flashback and a great throwback to everything special about the series
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
633 upvotes
Toronto
Not enough build up for what they were trying to accomplish in the finale IMO. Felt like they were squeezing so much into one episode that it just felt rushed and haphazard.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
nippleholic wrote: Not enough build up for what they were trying to accomplish in the finale IMO. Felt like they were squeezing so much into one episode that it just felt rushed and haphazard.
+1. They should have used a middle episode to build towards the finale. It was like episode 1 and 6, done. The rest were fluffers.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3486 upvotes
Victoria
carmaster wrote: +1. They should have used a middle episode to build towards the finale. It was like episode 1 and 6, done. The rest were fluffers.
I liked the 2nd episode (whatever the one was where a monster became a man). I agree with you though. There was so much story in last nights episode they could of easily made it a two parter (like they used to for mythology episodes in the classic days). I still really liked the episode but some of the filler episodes weren't that great. The finale was pretty good and good have easily been fleshed out over two eps.

It did end on a cliffhanger. I guess they are hoping to make more eps?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2535 upvotes
Markham, ON
The last episode was really painful...

Mild spoiler alert

The whole world is going into crap basket...and ppl seemed a lot more calmer than the Vancouver Stanley Cup riots. The Finale had a grand theme but a laughable budget which didnt make it believable at all....and I wanted to believe. Really.
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
252 upvotes
ON
I enjoyed the whole miniseries - I'll take another 6 episodes next year, please and thank-you!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
nippleholic wrote: Not enough build up for what they were trying to accomplish in the finale IMO. Felt like they were squeezing so much into one episode that it just felt rushed and haphazard.
Yeah. It was like a 13-ep season was slashed to 6 just as the 6th episode was being written. They could have done with somebody like Joss Whedon on staff, he's had so much experience tying up his own prematurely-cancelled series.
Somebody removed my sig for no reason, without even telling me.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
GenerationE wrote: I enjoyed the whole miniseries - I'll take another 6 episodes next year, please and thank-you!
I've rebought the entire original series on BR, including the final seasons that I never watched. I should be good through the next few decades now. ;)
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
I binge watched the entire 9 seasons over the summer. I was so looking forward to season 10. I have mixed feelings about the 6 episodes. It was great to see Mulder and Scully back together. In a lot of the episodes they weren't together in many scenes and were almost doing their own thing. I hated the introduction of the new agents Einstein and the guy from The Flash, both were useless and lacked the chemistry that Mulder and Scully have. I was hoping that Episodes 2-5 would build up towards 6, rather than going from Episodes 1 to 6. Some episodes were great but others lacked mystery and suspense.
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
252 upvotes
ON
Tornado F2 wrote: I've rebought the entire original series on BR, including the final seasons that I never watched. I should be good through the next few decades now. ;)
Lucky you! You are one of the chosen few who get to watch the season 4 episode 'Home' which is "so twisted and demented that Fox has never reaired it".

On Vulture's "Every Episode of The X-Files, Ranked From Worst to Best", it came in at 3rd best out of the 182 original episodes.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
GenerationE wrote: Lucky you! You are one of the chosen few who get to watch the season 4 episode 'Home' which is "so twisted and demented that Fox has never reaired it".

On Vulture's "Every Episode of The X-Files, Ranked From Worst to Best", it came in at 3rd best out of the 182 original episodes.
I came across them at a good price on Boxing Day, so I decided to go for it, despite already having the DVDs. BB had only 2 or 3 seasons available, but Amazon made every season available at the same price, so needless to say they got my business. BB continue to suck, and must surely go bust sometime this year.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
As for reairings, has Fox ever rebroadcast original-series X-Files episodes? I stopped watching Fox around the time they switched over to digital OTA, (lost my once-strong reception, plus I was sick of constantly seeing favourite series cancelled prematurely without any form of ending), but I don't believe they ever did.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Looks like everyone is on board for another season.
http://tvline.com/2016/05/16/the-x-file ... -episodes/
You better believe The X-Files will be back.

During a conference call with reporters to tout Fox’s 2016-17 schedule, chairman and CEO Dana Walden confirmed that there have been “conversations” with series creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, adding, “I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show.” Walden conceded that there will be some scheduling hurdles to overcome, but, “Hopefully, this time next year we will have more news.” (Translation: Don’t expect Season 11 until the 2017-18 TV season at the earliest.)
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
6946 posts
7520 upvotes
BC
Great news!!
-Read store exceptions before combining discounts with cash back sites
-HomeDepot clearance prices are not shown on stocktrack or HD.ca
-There is a difference between NEED (necessities) and WANT (desires). The word NEED is over-used on RFD and in general.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
726 upvotes
give them time to erase from memory that horrible final ep from last season, and find a way out of that mess.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)