Entertainment

FOX 'The X-Files' season 11 (premieres Jan 3 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2018 7:28 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7561 posts
803 upvotes
Victoria
I've liked 3 of the 4 episodes. I felt last nights was the only stinker so far. The story never really went anywhere. Scully's mom got sick and they basically stopped investigating. Maybe the story would of been better without an x-file to investigate.

Either way i'm still enjoying this run and 3 for 4 isn't too bad.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1065 posts
37 upvotes
Ajax
While not as great as the original run, episodes 3 and 4 were reminiscent of former times.
The garbage man was creepy.
Vancouver certainly doesn't look as dreary on film as it did in the 90s.

I'm sad there are only 2 episodes left.
Oh boy, Buffalo testicles!
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1717 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
SLOGAN wrote:
Feb 10th, 2016 11:44 am
While not as great as the original run, episodes 3 and 4 were reminiscent of former times.
The garbage man was creepy.
Vancouver certainly doesn't look as dreary on film as it did in the 90s.

I'm sad there are only 2 episodes left.
Yeah, the Trashman suited the part.

Funnily enough, I had to put out the trash that night for the next morning's collection. :lol:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8888 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
A LOT happening in last night's episode.
A jokey bit, some seriousness, potential candidates to replace Mulder and Scully.
I smiled, I cringed but mostly I didn't mind.
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1065 posts
37 upvotes
Ajax
Anyone else frustrated with the last episode?
The banter between agents was annoying and Mulder's trip was cringe-worthy.
Oh boy, Buffalo testicles!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8888 posts
1884 upvotes
Toronto
Mini season ends tonight with the episode called "My Struggle II" the other shoe dropping as the premiere episode was titled "My Struggle"
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6072 posts
1786 upvotes
Canada
It's like a parody of itself .. .expected so much better.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14322 posts
2606 upvotes
Toronto
Expected so much more. Disappointed with the new episodes.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14322 posts
2606 upvotes
Toronto
The finale is disappointing so far. It's all the same thing, over and over again.
Banned
Dec 12, 2015
278 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Loving it so far...good mix of monster of the week and mythology

Not sure what people are complaining about..its 6 episodes.. It gives a flashback and a great throwback to everything special about the series
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2008
3711 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto
Not enough build up for what they were trying to accomplish in the finale IMO. Felt like they were squeezing so much into one episode that it just felt rushed and haphazard.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14322 posts
2606 upvotes
Toronto
nippleholic wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2016 1:23 am
Not enough build up for what they were trying to accomplish in the finale IMO. Felt like they were squeezing so much into one episode that it just felt rushed and haphazard.
+1. They should have used a middle episode to build towards the finale. It was like episode 1 and 6, done. The rest were fluffers.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7561 posts
803 upvotes
Victoria
carmaster wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2016 8:22 am
+1. They should have used a middle episode to build towards the finale. It was like episode 1 and 6, done. The rest were fluffers.
I liked the 2nd episode (whatever the one was where a monster became a man). I agree with you though. There was so much story in last nights episode they could of easily made it a two parter (like they used to for mythology episodes in the classic days). I still really liked the episode but some of the filler episodes weren't that great. The finale was pretty good and good have easily been fleshed out over two eps.

It did end on a cliffhanger. I guess they are hoping to make more eps?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23437 posts
1112 upvotes
Markham, ON
The last episode was really painful...

Mild spoiler alert

The whole world is going into crap basket...and ppl seemed a lot more calmer than the Vancouver Stanley Cup riots. The Finale had a grand theme but a laughable budget which didnt make it believable at all....and I wanted to believe. Really.
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
241 upvotes
ON
I enjoyed the whole miniseries - I'll take another 6 episodes next year, please and thank-you!