Entertainment

FOX 'The X-Files' season 11 (premieres Jan 3 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2018 12:11 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
nippleholic wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2016 1:23 am
Not enough build up for what they were trying to accomplish in the finale IMO. Felt like they were squeezing so much into one episode that it just felt rushed and haphazard.
Yeah. It was like a 13-ep season was slashed to 6 just as the 6th episode was being written. They could have done with somebody like Joss Whedon on staff, he's had so much experience tying up his own prematurely-cancelled series.
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
GenerationE wrote:
Feb 24th, 2016 7:05 am
I enjoyed the whole miniseries - I'll take another 6 episodes next year, please and thank-you!
I've rebought the entire original series on BR, including the final seasons that I never watched. I should be good through the next few decades now. ;)
12 months for condemning rape. 6 months for calling violent thugs "nasty". WTH? Is this IS?
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
15340 posts
3198 upvotes
Toronto
I binge watched the entire 9 seasons over the summer. I was so looking forward to season 10. I have mixed feelings about the 6 episodes. It was great to see Mulder and Scully back together. In a lot of the episodes they weren't together in many scenes and were almost doing their own thing. I hated the introduction of the new agents Einstein and the guy from The Flash, both were useless and lacked the chemistry that Mulder and Scully have. I was hoping that Episodes 2-5 would build up towards 6, rather than going from Episodes 1 to 6. Some episodes were great but others lacked mystery and suspense.
Banned
Oct 9, 2015
1313 posts
243 upvotes
ON
Tornado F2 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2016 6:39 pm
I've rebought the entire original series on BR, including the final seasons that I never watched. I should be good through the next few decades now. ;)
Lucky you! You are one of the chosen few who get to watch the season 4 episode 'Home' which is "so twisted and demented that Fox has never reaired it".

On Vulture's "Every Episode of The X-Files, Ranked From Worst to Best", it came in at 3rd best out of the 182 original episodes.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
GenerationE wrote:
Feb 29th, 2016 9:38 am
Lucky you! You are one of the chosen few who get to watch the season 4 episode 'Home' which is "so twisted and demented that Fox has never reaired it".

On Vulture's "Every Episode of The X-Files, Ranked From Worst to Best", it came in at 3rd best out of the 182 original episodes.
I came across them at a good price on Boxing Day, so I decided to go for it, despite already having the DVDs. BB had only 2 or 3 seasons available, but Amazon made every season available at the same price, so needless to say they got my business. BB continue to suck, and must surely go bust sometime this year.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41820 posts
1718 upvotes
Ali proudly stood up…
As for reairings, has Fox ever rebroadcast original-series X-Files episodes? I stopped watching Fox around the time they switched over to digital OTA, (lost my once-strong reception, plus I was sick of constantly seeing favourite series cancelled prematurely without any form of ending), but I don't believe they ever did.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18182 posts
1490 upvotes
Looks like everyone is on board for another season.
http://tvline.com/2016/05/16/the-x-file ... -episodes/
You better believe The X-Files will be back.

During a conference call with reporters to tout Fox’s 2016-17 schedule, chairman and CEO Dana Walden confirmed that there have been “conversations” with series creator Chris Carter and stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, adding, “I believe everyone is on board to do another installment of the show.” Walden conceded that there will be some scheduling hurdles to overcome, but, “Hopefully, this time next year we will have more news.” (Translation: Don’t expect Season 11 until the 2017-18 TV season at the earliest.)
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
716 upvotes
give them time to erase from memory that horrible final ep from last season, and find a way out of that mess.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31809 posts
8170 upvotes
GTHA
jenviea wrote:
Aug 8th, 2016 5:16 pm
A mild update on a new season from TCA

http://deadline.com/2016/08/the-x-files ... 201800258/

If a new season comes together I'll probably watch but I won't be gutted if new episodes don't come to pass
"Just over three years after the last revival of the Chris Carter created series was announced, Fox said Thursday that a new 10-episode run of the Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny-starrer is set to start production this summer."

from http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-ret ... 202073290/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
9865 posts
2154 upvotes
Toronto
I think they're pushing their luck.
The last round was more miss than hit for me and that was only six episodes
I hope I'm wrong but fool me once...
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
31809 posts
8170 upvotes
GTHA
tk1000 wrote:
Apr 20th, 2017 8:38 pm
"Just over three years after the last revival of the Chris Carter created series was announced, Fox said Thursday that a new 10-episode run of the Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny-starrer is set to start production this summer."

from http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-ret ... 202073290/
Confirmed to return mid-season of 2018

http://screenrant.com/x-files-2018-midseason-premiere/