Entertainment

FOX 'The X-Files' season 11 (premieres Jan 3 2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 1:50 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 3, 2005
2684 posts
1403 upvotes
Woodbridge
Hah that was a great episode with the Mandela effect. Loved the tweaked intro.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
What to say about the finale.....

Ohnoes..... The director is threatening to shut down the x-files!!!!
Wowz..... Chase sequences.
Lots and lots of chase sequences.
What a sad and terrible way to end this mess.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21133 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
The ending was terrible. So rushed and pointless. I think they need to end it. The new series is not working.
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: The ending was terrible. So rushed and pointless. I think they need to end it. The new series is not working.
I'm fairly certain it is over.
Prior to the start of the season, Anderson announced she is out.

I just can't wrap my head around what they attempted with this season.
Why on earth did they attempt all of those stupid action chase and fight sequences throughout the season?
Ridiculous, considering how much older Mulder and Scully are, and because what made the characters fun was their investigative skills and adventures.

I actually enjoyed the 2nd last vampire cult episode, up until they found contrived ways to include Mulder and Scully.

Shocking that Carter would so completely lose touch with what worked with his characters.
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1290 posts
476 upvotes
I don't know why they didn't wrap things up - it's another cliffhanger. I didn't mind the episode as much as some reviewers.
Apparently Mulder has been watching a lot of Bourne movies too. I thought he watched pron?
And Reyes did not deserve to be shot.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11679 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
I liked some of the middle episodes. They were quirky, and I picked up on this vibe with Mulder/Scully, where they're 20 years older but still in the same place. Interesting tone. It was the mythology episodes that were by far the worse ones. We should all rewatch them and take a drink every time someone uses the word "truth" :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7070 posts
3384 upvotes
doesn't sound like david or the producers want or plan to end it. I'm guessing they'll take at least a year off to decide where to go from here.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12014 posts
4370 upvotes
Winnipeg
I liked the Rm9sbG93ZXJz(automated) episode. Mulder is equally perplexed why Scully can afford such a nicer house than him?
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17438 posts
12794 upvotes
Toronto
With no proper reunion on the horizon fans have to settle for this