578 upvotes
Montreal
SOTD John Varvatos Dark Rebel
SOTN Perry Ellis Oud Black Vanilla Absolute
Nov 14, 2003
809 posts
578 upvotes
Montreal
+1 to the sample swap, I think that's a great idea.

Thanks nasa25 for the feedback on the POAL, sounds like an interesting scent. Did you mention you also have TF Noir de Noir coming in? I wonder how they compare.

CashJinx you have me thinking about Xerjoff, that 1861 sounds great for the summer. I noticed Niche Essence has a lot of their stuff and at $8 for 3ml, it's not too expensive to try out.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20379 posts
9226 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
int wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 7:40 pm
+1 to the sample swap, I think that's a great idea.

Thanks nasa25 for the feedback on the POAL, sounds like an interesting scent. Did you mention you also have TF Noir de Noir coming in? I wonder how they compare.

CashJinx you have me thinking about Xerjoff, that 1861 sounds great for the summer. I noticed Niche Essence has a lot of their stuff and at $8 for 3ml, it's not too expensive to try out.
All I have left to come in is a few Kilian travel size vials and dua clones of TF F’ing Fabulous and Hermes Ambre Narguile.

I’ve never considered Noir De Noir but I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1908 posts
2176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 7:40 pm
That's exactly what I did. I got a complimentary 3ml sample when I ordered my PDM Oajan from them. I also bought a few other 3ml samples too. There's a few Xerjoff's I'd like to get eventually.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1908 posts
2176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 6:09 pm
SOTD - Armaf LE Parfait

I received a sample from @CashJinx and/or @nasa25

It smells really good. I really like it.
I wish it lasted longer, but for the price I'm happy with it. Did you try the GIT?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1908 posts
2176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 8:08 pm
All I have left to come in is a few Kilian travel size vials and dua clones of TF F’ing Fabulous and Hermes Ambre Narguile.

I’ve never considered Noir De Noir but I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads up on that.
Came home tonight to find that my Van Cleef Ambre Imperial was delivered. Really happy with it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20379 posts
9226 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 11:52 pm
Came home tonight to find that my Van Cleef Ambre Imperial was delivered. Really happy with it.
Awesome glad to hear!
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
May 3rd, 2018 11:51 pm
I wish it lasted longer, but for the price I'm happy with it. Did you try the GIT?
It’s going to be my SOTD today.

I’ll see how GIT vs Tres Nuit vs Egra compare
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
Easto wrote:
May 4th, 2018 5:42 am
It’s going to be my SOTD today.

I’ll see how GIT vs Tres Nuit vs Egra compare
GIT is more green upon first spray.

Side by side with tres Nuit, TN is sweeter.

TN smells fresher right now, GIT smells greener. This is 10 mins after initial spray.

As it’s drying down GIT is getting sweeter as they are getting more and more similar in scent.

As time passes, GIT gets sweeter with less of that real intense sharp green note that pops initially.

First spray these two scents are really different, however is they dry down they are getting more and more similar. I honestly think if 2 people were walking by 1 with GIT and 1 with TN you’d have a hard time differentiating between the two.

However if you stopped them, really gave a good smell back and forth a trained nose would likely be able to smell the subtle difference. However most people don’t do that. It would be quite socially awkward, unless your a dog then it’s ok to smell people that close.

I’d say after smelling Green Irish Tweed, Egra, and Tres Nuit the clones do a good job. Regardless of performance TN and Egra are much cheaper so if that means you give a few extra sprays or re apply you’re still saving money.

My opinion may change as the day goes on.

I feel like projection right now is better with GIT

Almost 2 hours later and it's difficult to detect the difference between the two scents.

I'd venture to say that Tres Nuit is a solid alternative to GIT if GIT isn't in your budget.

As far as Tres Nuit vs Egra, these two are real similar as well.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20379 posts
9226 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
^Tres Nuit is basically GIT without the opening grassy note. I’ve honestly lost interest in acquiring GIT now that I have Tres Nuit.

My SOTD - from the house of Alexandria

Dark Knight
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1908 posts
2176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
May 4th, 2018 7:41 am
GIT is more green upon first spray.

Side by side with tres Nuit, TN is sweeter.

TN smells fresher right now, GIT smells greener. This is 10 mins after initial spray.

As it’s drying down GIT is getting sweeter as they are getting more and more similar in scent.

As time passes, GIT gets sweeter with less of that real intense sharp green note that pops initially.

First spray these two scents are really different, however is they dry down they are getting more and more similar. I honestly think if 2 people were walking by 1 with GIT and 1 with TN you’d have a hard time differentiating between the two.

However if you stopped them, really gave a good smell back and forth a trained nose would likely be able to smell the subtle difference. However most people don’t do that. It would be quite socially awkward, unless your a dog then it’s ok to smell people that close.

I’d say after smelling Green Irish Tweed, Egra, and Tres Nuit the clones do a good job. Regardless of performance TN and Egra are much cheaper so if that means you give a few extra sprays or re apply you’re still saving money.

My opinion may change as the day goes on.

I feel like projection right now is better with GIT

Almost 2 hours later and it's difficult to detect the difference between the two scents.

I'd venture to say that Tres Nuit is a solid alternative to GIT if GIT isn't in your budget.

As far as Tres Nuit vs Egra, these two are real similar as well.
It's funny. For all the love that GIT gets, I really don't like the opening of it, and can't say I've been very willing to stick around for the base.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1073 posts
1818 upvotes
SOTD - Acqua di Gio

Figured it was gonna be a hot scorcher today so something light and fresh - I havent touched this scent in over a year since I started this fragrance escapade.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20379 posts
9226 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
May 4th, 2018 9:57 am
It's funny. For all the love that GIT gets, I really don't like the opening of it, and can't say I've been very willing to stick around for the base.
That fresh grass note isn’t the most pleasant thing in the world lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1908 posts
2176 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Van Cleef & Arpels Ambre Imperial.

This one has intrigued me since I first smelled it. To me, it starts out a little fruity or floral, but the amber is definitely there. Then as it dries down it becomes more resinous and almost incense like. After that it changes again to a powdery vanilla and amber combo.

I sprayed it last night on my hand after dinner and three hand washings and a shower later it was still a noticeable skin scent.

Glad I got this and thanks again for the notice on the ebay sale!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20379 posts
9226 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
May 4th, 2018 10:06 am
SOTD - Van Cleef & Arpels Ambre Imperial.

This one has intrigued me since I first smelled it. To me, it starts out a little fruity or floral, but the amber is definitely there. Then as it dries down it becomes more resinous and almost incense like. After that it changes again to a powdery vanilla and amber combo.

I sprayed it last night on my hand after dinner and three hand washings and a shower later it was still a noticeable skin scent.

Glad I got this and thanks again for the notice on the ebay sale!
Glad to hear you like it. I’ll have to get around to getting my nose on some VC&A scents. I’ve heard a lot of good things about that house.

As an aside, Dua really takes their time shipping out orders lol. Mahsam must be making my order with love.