Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 19th, 2024 3:12 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1788 posts
1259 upvotes
nasa25 wrote: Just spent a whopping 8 canadian dollars on a 5ml decant of YSL La Nuit. It's one of those scents that has been on my wish list forever and I'm finally getting around to getting my nose on it
I used to own a bottle I ordered in 2013.

I loved that juice - maybe in my top 3 frags ever.

I smelled it again last weekend at Sephora - it;s still awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to grab another bottle
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Easto wrote: I used to own a bottle I ordered in 2013.

I loved that juice - maybe in my top 3 frags ever.

I smelled it again last weekend at Sephora - it;s still awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to grab another bottle
Thanks for the info. I’ve heard that the reformulation isn’t as good (longevity and projection wise) as the original but I’m still looking forward to it nonetheless.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTN

Herod by Parfums De Marly

Masterpiece scent.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote: SOTN

Herod by Parfums De Marly

Masterpiece scent.
PDM has been one of my favourite houses so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1788 posts
1259 upvotes
I bought a decant of Herod and a decant of Layton. I ended up picking up a Tester bottle of Herod I liked it so much. The only reason I got Herod at the time was weather - it was winter.

I have been hoarding my Layton. I love this one but I don't want to run out. I have been resisting really really hard not buying a full bottle of this one right now. I have some summer freshies I want for this coming summer. However, as soon as late summer hits I think I am jumping on a Layton tester if it's in stock. It's a 9/10 for me. I don't want to try Layton Exclusive in case I like it even more than Layton. Exclusive costs much more :D

I am still waiting for Mugler Cologne, JV Artisan Pure to come back in stock on Fragbuy.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD

Creed

Royal Princess Oud

This is the most beast mode scent (projection wise) in my collection.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1337 posts
935 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
nasa25 wrote: SOTD

Creed

Royal Princess Oud

Aaahh, maybe Creed is going to be popular today.
SOTD- Millesime Imperial
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote: I bought a decant of Herod and a decant of Layton. I ended up picking up a Tester bottle of Herod I liked it so much. The only reason I got Herod at the time was weather - it was winter.

I have been hoarding my Layton. I love this one but I don't want to run out. I have been resisting really really hard not buying a full bottle of this one right now. I have some summer freshies I want for this coming summer. However, as soon as late summer hits I think I am jumping on a Layton tester if it's in stock. It's a 9/10 for me. I don't want to try Layton Exclusive in case I like it even more than Layton. Exclusive costs much more :D

I am still waiting for Mugler Cologne, JV Artisan Pure to come back in stock on Fragbuy.
I'm eager to get my nose on the two new PDM fragrances (Akaster and Carlisle), but not too eager to test out Layton Exclusive based on some reviews I've seen. From what I have smelled from their line, I wouldn't mind picking up Godolphin, Galloway or Habdan. Of these three, Godolphin is at the top of the list, but most likely pricing will dictate what I might get next.

My top three from PDM based on what I've smelled/tested are Layton, Herod and Oajan.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote: SOTD

Creed

Royal Princess Oud

Do you find the longevity good also? I find my RPO to perform well, but not as well as Aventus, and about the same as Royal Oud.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote: Aaahh, maybe Creed is going to be popular today.
SOTD- Millesime Imperial
I keep checking Costco US to see if they'll get it back in since I'll be heading over the border in the next few weeks. I regret not ordering it last time they had it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - sampling By Kilian's - Intoxicated.

I seem to like this more every time I wear it.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote: Do you find the longevity good also? I find my RPO to perform well, but not as well as Aventus, and about the same as Royal Oud.
longevity is the entire day for me. As good as my 16a01 aventus.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1337 posts
935 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote: I keep checking Costco US to see if they'll get it back in since I'll be heading over the border in the next few weeks. I regret not ordering it last time they had it.
Cool, I wish I lived closer to a US Costco.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote: SOTD - sampling By Kilian's - Intoxicated.

I seem to like this more every time I wear it.
I like this one as well. Smells like a Chai Latte to my nose lol

I also like Straight to Heaven (probably prefer the extreme version over the normal).....
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Considering getting this set from the Bay. Basically you're getting the body wash for free. Regular 100ml bottle is $68 and so is this set. It seems that regular price from Fragbuy would be $55 + shipping, so not too much difference there. Looks like Ebates is 5% right now also so you could get it for a few bucks less I suppose making it really close to Fragbuy's price.

http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 132415--24

Any thoughts?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1337 posts
935 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
I don't remember what I paid for a 100ml's but, this looks like a decent deal.
As long as you know you like the scent, the shower gel would come in handy.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2920 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote: I don't remember what I paid for a 100ml's but, this looks like a decent deal.
As long as you know you like the scent, the shower gel would come in handy.
I can't actually remember if I've smelled this, but I have tried Creed Original Vetiver, which is based off of Mugler and really like that.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1337 posts
935 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote: I can't actually remember if I've smelled this, but I have tried Creed Original Vetiver, which is based off of Mugler and really like that.
On fragrantica there are 180 votes for "smells like Creed O. Vetiver", so based on that, you should like it.
It also has a similar scent as TF Neroli Portofino, but to me, more mild in a good way.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
sotd

xerjoff

lira