Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Club de' Elegance
Nov 14, 2003
683 posts
275 upvotes
Montreal
int wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 11:49 am
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right, but the Bay is having a friends & family sale this weekend where if you have an HBC credit card you get 20% off site-wide (with Hermes being the only exception for fragrances): Sale details
I don't have an HBC cc to verfiy, but it could be worth a look.
Going to correct myself here to say that it's only 10% off on fragrances at the Bay. Not surprising I guess.

While I was there I checked out the new Channel Bleu Parfum. I liked it more than the EDP, to me it's less lemony sweet than the EDP, it's darker and more sophisticated. If I didn't have the EDT already, I would likely want to get this one.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 6:23 pm
VR & O is a lighter, sweeter, more wearable and slightly more feminine rose fragrance than say something like POAL. It’s also less daring and less memorable (but really compared to POAL everything is 2nd rate)

It starts off with a heavy rose and a hint of clove. I get a bit of oud on the dry down but it’s a light oud imo. Rose and oud are pretty much the only notes in this frag. There’s supposed to be a praline note but I can’t detect it.

Overall it’s a very nice scent. Longevity is sub par on my skin though.

Scent - 8.5/10
Longevity - 6/10
Overall it’s a solid 8

It’s a bit more feminine than what I’d normally wear. But I’m comfortable in my sexuality so I’ll rock it lol

$100 fairly well spent.

Edit - actually I get the praline note now. Very nice.

I really do like this scent. Just wish it had better longevity
Sounds like it's pretty good! Glad it worked out for you
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 7:44 pm
Niche essence needs to step its customer service game up

Called them a few times today. Goes straight to voicemail. Emailed them and no response.

Gary at fragbuy will respond to emails within an hour. His customer service is top notch.
Keep in mind though, that they no longer have a retail store like they used to. I suspect that's part of the issue and that now they're selling stuff in their spare time to some degree. Previously when they had the store on Yonge St. the phone was always answered.

Gary has both the website and a store (Ace Gifts in Scarborough), so it's a little different. That said, Fragrancebuy's customer service has been top notch.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CashJinx wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 9:46 am
SOTD - PDM Layton
I love this fragrance more and more every time I wear it. It's been a solid 14 hrs and it's still a noticeable skin scent.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 10:54 pm
Going to correct myself here to say that it's only 10% off on fragrances at the Bay. Not surprising I guess.

While I was there I checked out the new Channel Bleu Parfum. I liked it more than the EDP, to me it's less lemony sweet than the EDP, it's darker and more sophisticated. If I didn't have the EDT already, I would likely want to get this one.
That's a pretty decent sale. The Bay does carry some good stuff. That Mugler Cologne (100ml ) for $68 less 10% seems pretty good and it's difficult to get Chanel discounted too.

I like Bleu de Chanel EDP and EDT actually. Both are nice.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18782 posts
6996 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 11:11 pm
Keep in mind though, that they no longer have a retail store like they used to. I suspect that's part of the issue and that now they're selling stuff in their spare time to some degree. Previously when they had the store on Yonge St. the phone was always answered.

Gary has both the website and a store (Ace Gifts in Scarborough), so it's a little different. That said, Fragrancebuy's customer service has been top notch.
Yup I’m hoping to hear back about the Lira relatively soon. I also reached out to Gary about Xerjoff. He said he’s trying to source the brand so we might see it become more widely available on fragbuy in the near future (hopefully).
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2018 11:53 pm
Yup I’m hoping to hear back about the Lira relatively soon. I also reached out to Gary about Xerjoff. He said he’s trying to source the brand so we might see it become more widely available on fragbuy in the near future (hopefully).
Fragbuy did have a few that I like, but by the time I decided to go for it, they were sold out. I'd love to get Mefisto.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18782 posts
6996 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD

By Kilian

Intoxicated

Also @CashJinx I’m testing out that casamorati 1888 sample that you gave me (thx for that). Very nice scent. The longevity and projection on all ofthese Xerjoffs are remarkable.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 9:30 am
SOTD

By Kilian

Intoxicated

Also @CashJinx I’m testing out that casamorati 1888 sample that you gave me (thx for that). Very nice scent. The longevity and projection on all ofthese Xerjoffs are remarkable.
Yeah I've noticed that all the Xerjoff's I've tried are good performers. One thing I like about 1888 is that it seems pretty original to me. I can't say that I've tried anything else which is similar.
Apr 19, 2011
58 posts
45 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Does anyone know of a splitter offering MFK Grand Soir?

Boomer777
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18782 posts
6996 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 10:20 am
Yeah I've noticed that all the Xerjoff's I've tried are good performers. One thing I like about 1888 is that it seems pretty original to me. I can't say that I've tried anything else which is similar.
Very true. I read the note profile awhile ago and it is pretty unique.
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomer777 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 10:24 am
Does anyone know of a splitter offering MFK Grand Soir?

Boomer777
Sorry, I haven't seen that specifically, but if I come across it I'll let you know.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18782 posts
6996 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Just pulled the trigger on La Yuqawam. The money saved from the 30ml Lira I cant get was burning a hole in my pocket lol

The presentation on that rasasi is just epic. Can’t wait to get my nose on it.
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1311 posts
1146 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 5:58 pm
Just pulled the trigger on La Yuqawam. The money saved from the 30ml Lira I cant get was burning a hole in my pocket lol

The presentation on that rasasi is just epic. Can’t wait to get my nose on it.
Lol. Can't keep letting the money burn that hole.
Heard good things about it.

Glad I jumped on the Beach Hut Man. Sold out now.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

sandlent, int