[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ronnielarmond wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 11:51 am
sotd prada lhomme i also tried the ck one sample but its not for me, definitely a unisex fragrance light and citrusy
Nice. I’m giving that ck one freebie to my father in law lol
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD

MFK

Bacarrat Rouge 540 EDP

Yes I’m on a BR540 kick. Don’t judge me.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1156 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ronnielarmond wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 11:51 am
sotd prada lhomme i also tried the ck one sample but its not for me, definitely a unisex fragrance light and citrusy
I wasn't too keen on the CK, but gave it to my coworker who thinks that either her or her husband used to wear it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1156 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 12:46 pm
SOTD - ADG Proformo

Ordered Aqua Amara and Nautica Voyage from fragbiy this week. Two summer cheapies.

I was hoping Artisan Pure would be back in stock.
Cool. I had Voyage, many years ago.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1156 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 1:08 pm
SOTD

MFK

Bacarrat Rouge 540 EDP

Yes I’m on a BR540 kick. Don’t judge me.
I think that your African Leather is getting jealous. lol
Aug 22, 2009
857 posts
343 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 2:45 pm
Cool. I had Voyage, many years ago.
It was like $18. Figured it would be one I’d wear on a pool day. I can reapply frequently if needed without spending/wasting a ton of cash.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
MFK

Oud Satin Mood Extrait

On initial spray, BEAST MODE Oud and Rose. As it dries down I get a gorgeous creamy vanilla in the background but it’s somewhat overpowered by the rose and oud. The oud is a bit dirty to my nose unlike what other people say about it (that it’s a smooth oud)

I sprayed one spray on my arm and the scent engulfed my whole condo. My girlfriend just yelled at me for spraying it LOL. One spray. She hates it.

I give it a 7.5/10. It’s a nice scent. I know people love love love this frag but it’s just ok in my books. And I don’t mind rose scents at all. But I’m starting to come to the realization that rose isn’t my favourite (similar to @CashJinx ) but it’s not bad.

Nice scent but not worth getting yelled at over.

I don’t think I’ll be getting any more of this. Maybe the EDP is a bit less beast mode.
RIP sick fadez.
Nov 7, 2007
851 posts
669 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Club d' Elegance
Contest Wins 2018:
Aug 22, 2009
857 posts
343 upvotes
Does anyone here have Beach Hut?
Tried Beach Hut?

I'm intrigued by some reviews of this one
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Easto wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:12 pm
Tried Beach Hut?

CashJinx has it
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2500 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 6:37 pm
MFK

Oud Satin Mood Extrait

On initial spray, BEAST MODE Oud and Rose. As it dries down I get a gorgeous creamy vanilla in the background but it’s somewhat overpowered by the rose and oud. The oud is a bit dirty to my nose unlike what other people say about it (that it’s a smooth oud)

I sprayed one spray on my arm and the scent engulfed my whole condo. My girlfriend just yelled at me for spraying it LOL. One spray. She hates it.

I give it a 7.5/10. It’s a nice scent. I know people love love love this frag but it’s just ok in my books. And I don’t mind rose scents at all. But I’m starting to come to the realization that rose isn’t my favourite (similar to @CashJinx ) but it’s not bad.

I don’t think I’ll be getting any more of this. Maybe the EDP is a bit less beast mode.
Would you consider this to be similar or close to JM Velvet Rose & Oud?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
cluless wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 10:24 pm
Would you consider this to be similar or close to JM Velvet Rose & Oud?
Similar in the rose note for sure. The Oud is more intense in the MFK though. And the vanilla note isn’t present in VR&O.

Overall I prefer VR&O to this as I feel it’s more wearable. A dried down version of Oud Satin Mood extrait is extremely pleasant and more wearable but I’m talking 5 hours dried down lol.

I think the MFK extraits are just beast mode in everything.
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1156 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 6:37 pm
MFK

Oud Satin Mood Extrait

I haven't smelled the extrait, but I have smelled the edp, and that seemed pretty beast mode, but not too dirty. Similarly, my wife would veto any attempt to get it. She really doesn't like very many ouds. Lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1156 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 7:12 pm
Tried Beach Hut?

NASA is correct, i got this one. Like most reviews suggest, it's not aquatic. Very green and lasts a long time. Projects well too. I have/have tried some other green frags, but this is unlke anything else I've tried. For me, when I first smelled it I knew I would get it eventually. It could be too strong for very warm weather, but is really nice in spring and cooler summer days/nights.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18303 posts
6449 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 11:28 pm
I haven't smelled the extrait, but I have smelled the edp, and that seemed pretty beast mode, but not too dirty. Similarly, my wife would veto any attempt to get it. She really doesn't like very many ouds. Lol
Yeah it was a slight dirtiness I detected in the oud note. After an hour or so it settled down nicely. These extraits aren't my favorite though. Even with the BR540 extrait, the saffron note was too beast mode and overpowered the brilliance of the other notes.

So far the BR540 and Grand Soir EDPs are my favorites and ones that I'll have in my collection.
RIP sick fadez.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

int