Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2018 1:16 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1131 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Ermenegildo Zegna - Acqua di Bergamotto.

Picked this up at the second last MAC sale for $30 (50ml), so I can't complain too much. Fairly straight forward Bergamote/Neroli combo. Not much on longevity or projection, but for the price I paid, I don't mind spraying very liberally and reapplying.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18227 posts
6383 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 9:47 am
Didn't work out too well. I think the needle is too long. It hits a dead end inside the sprayer and won't allow me to depress it the way I have seen on a few videos. I tried cutting the needle, but it also ended up crimping the end and making it unusable, so I'll have to find one that's shorter. if that doesn't work, then I give up on needles for decants. lol

At any rate I got the decants of Bleecker done last night.
Ah that’s a shame that the needle method didn’t work but thanks for taking care of the Bleecker decants :)
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Nov 14, 2003
638 posts
197 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 9:47 am
Didn't work out too well. I think the needle is too long. It hits a dead end inside the sprayer and won't allow me to depress it the way I have seen on a few videos. I tried cutting the needle, but it also ended up crimping the end and making it unusable, so I'll have to find one that's shorter. if that doesn't work, then I give up on needles for decants. lol

At any rate I got the decants of Bleecker done last night.
I had a similar experience when I tried decanting my CDNI bottle with a syringe. I hit some resistance inside the sprayer tube right at the start and I didn't want to risk puncturing anything so I stopped. There must some way to do it.

I found out recently that Serge Lutens bottles come with a removable cap and twist on sprayer (just like the Kilians). It's too bad more bottles aren't like that.
BTW, I think 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre was mentioned earlier here and I smelled this one yesterday at Sephora. I liked it - reminds me of the holidays, I think it will be going on my future fall/winter hit-list.

:thumbsup: for the Bleecker St
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1131 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 11:16 am
I had a similar experience when I tried decanting my CDNI bottle with a syringe. I hit some resistance inside the sprayer tube right at the start and I didn't want to risk puncturing anything so I stopped. There must some way to do it.

I found out recently that Serge Lutens bottles come with a removable cap and twist on sprayer (just like the Kilians). It's too bad more bottles aren't like that.
BTW, I think 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre was mentioned earlier here and I smelled this one yesterday at Sephora. I liked it - reminds me of the holidays, I think it will be going on my future fall/winter hit-list.

:thumbsup: for the Bleecker St
I did see a few guys do it. I'll revisit it another time.

Yup I think all the Serge Lutens bottles have a removable cap like the Kilians, but I think for different reasons. For Kilian, I think it's because a significant part of the cost is for the presentation, but you shouldn't have to pay extra for the cases every time, so they have the refill sets to refill your bottle and keep the same case. With Serge Lutens, the salesperson at Saks was telling me that they have a higher concentration of oils and the bottles come with an atomizer and a dip stick (probably not the right term lol) that you can just kind of wipe on.

I mentioned 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre earlier. I agree it'll be a nice fall/winter choice. Hoping it'll become available on Fragbuy again.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1131 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Watched a Mr Sillage video about a Canadian house called Libertine Fragrances. He was pretty impressed with them. https://www.libertine-fragrance.com/col ... fragrances

Seems interesting to try out. It's kind of expensive at $120 for 30ml or a sample set of 6x1ml for $40, so I'm hoping I can track it down at the Toronto stockist to give it a go without buying the sample set of which I probably won't appreciate one or two.
Aug 22, 2009
855 posts
337 upvotes
Just received two more summer frags

Aqua Amara
Nautica Vouyage

Two cheapies. Not ground breaking but I needed a couple nice aquatics

Edit: Wow, Aqua Amara projects like crazy. 2 sprays and it’s projection is impressive.
Nov 7, 2007
848 posts
663 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Derby Clubhouse Blanche
Contest Wins 2018:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18227 posts
6383 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD

Memo Paris

Russian Leather
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1131 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Looks like there's another 15% off thing on ebay again
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18227 posts
6383 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD

Etat Libre D’Orange

You or Someone Like You
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1131 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:01 am
SOTD

Etat Libre D’Orange

You or Someone Like You
Great minds think alike. You or Someone Like You for me as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1131 posts
885 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CashJinx wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 11:43 am
Watched a Mr Sillage video about a Canadian house called Libertine Fragrances. He was pretty impressed with them. https://www.libertine-fragrance.com/col ... fragrances

Seems interesting to try out. It's kind of expensive at $120 for 30ml or a sample set of 6x1ml for $40, so I'm hoping I can track it down at the Toronto stockist to give it a go without buying the sample set of which I probably won't appreciate one or two.
I happened to be in the area of the local retailer for this brand and decided to stop for a few minutes to check them out. The first thing that struck me was how small the bottles are. I know they're supposed to be 30ml, which isn't big, but they looked very close in size to the 15ml decant bottles I have. Maybe they were a special tester size, but I didn't ask.

As for the scents themselves, they were quite nice. Of the line, Soft Woods, Troubled Spirits, Sweet Grass, and Eros Fig were my favourites. The one I'm most likely to get is the Sweet Grass. I was told by the owner of the store that they won't be making the 30ml bottles anymore in favour of larger 120ml bottles. I tempted to wait and see what the bigger bottles go for and if the $/ml drops.

I think that @nasa25 might like the Troubled Spirits. It reminds me of both Memo's African Leather and Zoologist Camel at the same time.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
18227 posts
6383 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 1:43 pm
I happened to be in the area of the local retailer for this brand and decided to stop for a few minutes to check them out. The first thing that struck me was how small the bottles are. I know they're supposed to be 30ml, which isn't big, but they looked very close in size to the 15ml decant bottles I have. Maybe they were a special tester size, but I didn't ask.

As for the scents themselves, they were quite nice. Of the line, Soft Woods, Troubled Spirits, Sweet Grass, and Eros Fig were my favourites. The one I'm most likely to get is the Sweet Grass. I was told by the owner of the store that they won't be making the 30ml bottles anymore in favour of larger 120ml bottles. I tempted to wait and see what the bigger bottles go for and if the $/ml drops.

I think that @nasa25 might like the Troubled Spirits. It reminds me of both Memo's African Leather and Zoologist Camel at the same time.
ah nice. I'll have to check out the line.
RIP sick fadez.
Nov 7, 2007
848 posts
663 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Aventus
Contest Wins 2018:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

CashJinx