• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 9:59 pm
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ronnielarmond wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:25 pm
Anyone try Mont Blanc legend and mont blanc legend spirit? Which is better for a fresh/citrus fragrance? I have smelled legend and it kind of smells synthetic up too close but does have a nice fresh scent that I like
I've tried Legend and it's okay. I haven't tried Legend Spirit. Wish I could be more help.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4943 posts
778 upvotes
Has anyone here ever experienced a favourite fragrance being discontinued or drastically altered? How did it go, or how did you manage?

My very first-ever fragrance buy was an oddball EDP back in 2014. It got on my nerves after I used about 1/3 of the bottle so I discarded it when I moved (I blame myself for not having enough variety to rotate at the time.) Turns out I miss it and its odd notes, so I wanted to buy it again (or re-sniff it in stores) but it was discontinued about 1-2 years ago so I'm buying an EDT version off of eBay. The EDT will be a blind buy, but reviewers say it is less pungent/sweet so I'm hoping it hits my olfactory craving.

Actually, the fact that it's discontinued enticed me more to revisit it again before its supply permanently runs out, lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
ronnielarmond wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 9:25 pm
Anyone try Mont Blanc legend and mont blanc legend spirit? Which is better for a fresh/citrus fragrance? I have smelled legend and it kind of smells synthetic up too close but does have a nice fresh scent that I like
Legend is similar to Abercombie and Fitch Fierce to me, while Legend Spirit has an element of Invictus going on. Both are not bad, I personally prefer Legend over Legend Spirit.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
peanutz wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 12:46 am
Has anyone here ever experienced a favourite fragrance being discontinued or drastically altered? How did it go, or how did you manage?
Can't say I have ...being relatively new to the game.
I do own a few allegedly "discontinued" or hard to find ones being Invictus Aqua and Midnight in Paris EDT (bought a backup bottle as soon as I heard the rumors lol the EDP was already hard to find at that time). I wore the heck out of CKone in HS and have been thinking of getting one for nostalgia; not too worried about its availability as it can still be found.
Hope you enjoy your re-purchase
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:

My very first-ever fragrance buy was an oddball EDP back in 2014. It got on my nerves after I used about 1/3 of the bottle so I discarded it when I moved (I blame myself for not having enough variety to rotate at the time.) Turns out I miss it and its odd notes, so I wanted to buy it again (or re-sniff it in stores) but it was discontinued about 1-2 years ago so I'm buying an EDT version off of eBay. The EDT will be a blind buy, but reviewers say it is less pungent/sweet so I'm hoping it hits my olfactory craving.

Actually, the fact that it's discontinued enticed me more to revisit it again before its supply permanently runs out, lol.
I haven't had that experience yet, but I have had the experience of wearing something for a while, then revisiting it years later and wondering what heck I was thinking when I got it. lol
Mar 3, 2011
625 posts
509 upvotes
peanutz wrote:

Do you have a name for this oddball EdP?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4943 posts
778 upvotes
markopas wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:11 pm
Do you have a name for this oddball EdP?
It's not "oddball" by way of "piquing perfumista interest"...I just called it that because it's not a common type of women's scent that I've run into. There's definitely odder scents out there but they fit more neatly into a category, such as "spicy oriental", "classical fougere", etc.

It's "Burberry the Beat". It hits the "middle" and smells like Zen without being too unisex/masculine, aquatic, floral, soapy, air freshener-y, fruity or sweet. The musky vanilla drydown started annoying me though, so I'm trying the EDT to try to minimize that. Nobody really talks about it, it has mediocre reviews, but for some reason I'm craving the green tea / cardamom / pink pepper.

Come to think of it, @speedy726's coincidental mention of CKone has overlapping notes, but I always thought its citrus, green tea, cardamom musk smelled more masculine than unisex. An acquaintance of mine in high school used to wear it but I hated it on her, as it smells like it belongs on a man (to me.)

So basically I'm hoping the Beat EDT will be a midway combination of CKone + Light Blue.

Edit: Oops, I just checked that it's available direct from the Burberry website. Weird, I thought it said "not available for delivery" but maybe it was just the one size I glanced at.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
peanutz wrote:
#spongeworthy :lol:
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:28 pm
It's not "oddball" by way of "piquing perfumista interest"...I just called it that because it's not a common type of women's scent that I've run into. There's definitely odder scents out there but they fit more neatly into a category, such as "spicy oriental", "classical fougere", etc.

It's "Burberry the Beat". It hits the "middle" and smells like Zen without being too unisex/masculine, aquatic, floral, soapy, air freshener-y, fruity or sweet. The musky vanilla drydown started annoying me though, so I'm trying the EDT to try to minimize that. Nobody really talks about it, it has mediocre reviews, but for some reason I'm craving the green tea / cardamom / pink pepper.

Come to think of it, @speedy726's coincidental mention of CKone has overlapping notes, but I always thought its citrus, green tea, cardamom musk smelled more masculine than unisex. An acquaintance of mine in high school used to wear it but I hated it on her, as it smells like it belongs on a man (to me.)

So basically I'm hoping the Beat EDT will be a midway combination of CKone + Light Blue.

Edit: Oops, I just checked that it's available direct from the Burberry website. Weird, I thought it said "not available for delivery" but maybe it was just the one size I glanced at.
Is this it? https://fragrancebuy.ca/products/burberrybeat-woman
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4943 posts
778 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:21 pm
Is this it? https://fragrancebuy.ca/products/burberrybeat-woman
The pink one is EDP, but the one I bought on eBay is EDT which is yellow. My seller's being slow to fix the shipping fee, so if the transaction ends up being cancelled, I still don't have to get upset. :) None of the stores have it on display anymore as a tester, so I guess they are just running through the supplies.

HOLY CRAP a tester EDT is on that site and it's cheap as heck!

https://ca.burberry.com/burberry-the-be ... -p36295831
bubble.tea wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 2:44 pm
#spongeworthy :lol:
lol not even...it's "I miss that odd pleasant smell I don't smell anywhere else." Floral chai green tea for gray winters.
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 3:23 pm
The pink one is EDP, but the one I bought on eBay is EDT which is yellow. My seller's being slow to fix the shipping fee, so if the transaction ends up being cancelled, I still don't have to get upset. :) None of the stores have it on display anymore as a tester, so I guess they are just running through the supplies.

HOLY CRAP a tester EDT is on that site and it's cheap as heck!

https://ca.burberry.com/burberry-the-be ... -p36295831

lol not even...it's "I miss that odd pleasant smell I don't smell anywhere else." Floral chai green tea for gray winters.
Sorry I thought you were looking for the EDP. Guess I misunderstood. Fragrancebuy has some really great prices. I've bought a few things from them including a tester and have zero regrets.
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
YSL La Nuit L'Homme was a 10/10 amazing fragrence. it's been reformulated a lot and no longer has the performance it once had.

I used to love this one
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
Easto wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 5:53 pm
YSL La Nuit L'Homme was a 10/10 amazing fragrence. it's been reformulated a lot and no longer has the performance it once had.

I used to love this one
I'm with you man. I lucked out and found a couple vintage bottles sitting on a store shelf in a quiet corner of the city :)
La Nuit Frozen Cologne is quite close to the vintage in performance and scent, it's discontinued but I still see bottles every now and then on store shelves.
If you can't find Frozen, I only know of 2 recently released dupes: Parfums Vintage Suave and Zara Day Collection Y. Haven't tried Suave yet but I tried Zara Y and found it to be a solid dupe of La Nuit at an amazing price of $18 (100ml). If you like YSL La Nuit, Zara Y is a no-brainer esp at that price. I recommend you sample it and if you decide to buy it, do so soon... Zara fragrances are known to get discontinued very quickly and without warning, disappearing into the abyss never to come back again hahah
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
Easto wrote:
Nov 30th, 2017 7:43 pm
Where do I find Zara frags?
Pretty much any Zara store, some stores have more selection/stock than others.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

davedarave10