• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 9:59 pm
Oct 6, 2010
109 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
speedy726 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 2:51 pm
If I may ask, where can this be purchased?
I got my Arab Tradition at al-rashad.com but they're sold out. Ebay seems to be the best place to cop this right now. I see it going for about $45 with shipping. That's $10 more than I paid for it from Al-Rashad in May but still half the price of La Yuqawam.
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
Mine came from eBay shipped from Sweden
Oct 6, 2010
109 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
ronnielarmond wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:35 pm
ANyone try Zara fragrances? Any recommendations?
I've sampled quite a bit and bought several bottles from Zara, but it depends on what you like.

If you like Aventus, try Vibrant Leather.
If you like niche-like ouds, try Exclusive Oud. (Go easy on the trigger with this one...)
If you like niche-like sandalwoods, particularly Le Labo Santal, try Tiveden.
If you like Terre d'Hermes, try Norrland.
If you like YSL La Nuit de l'Homme, try Day Collection Y.
If you like smooth amber scents, try Ambre Noble.
If you like pineapple scents like Bond No. 9 Scent of Peace, try W/END till 3:00 AM.
If you like Dior Sauvage, try Aromatic Future.

Note: There's a high rate of churn with Zara fragrances. If you find something you like you'd better buy it while it's still around.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
ronnielarmond wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:35 pm
ANyone try Zara fragrances? Any recommendations?
mixpdf wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 7:54 pm

Note: There's a high rate of churn with Zara fragrances. If you find something you like you'd better buy it while it's still around.
also if you really like a fragrance, consider getting a backup bottle. At Zara prices, it wont do heavy damage to you wallet (compared to other designer houses)
Dec 7, 2016
121 posts
16 upvotes
Can anyone review fragrance.ca vs fragrancex.com? Which one is better to shop at. I looked at fragrance.ca but a lot of the ones I want are oos. When do sales usually occur?
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
I have ordered from both places.

IMO the sales are never that amazing from what I've seen. Also some niche or more popular stuff sells out quickly.

add yourself to the notify list. you will get an email when they restock.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
Easto wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 9:47 am
I have ordered from both places.

IMO the sales are never that amazing from what I've seen. Also some niche or more popular stuff sells out quickly.

add yourself to the notify list. you will get an email when they restock.
Do you know if one would have to pay a customs fee to receive the package? Looks like it's shipped out of States.
I've only ordered from fragrancebuy.ca which I've had no issues with
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
speedy726 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 11:26 am
Do you know if one would have to pay a customs fee to receive the package? Looks like it's shipped out of States.
I've only ordered from fragrancebuy.ca which I've had no issues with
I didn't pay, but I've never made a large order. Maybe 3 frags at most. in the $50-$60 range.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4943 posts
778 upvotes
How well do you guys trust these resale sites? Fragrancex has bad reviews so I am hesitant to order from them.

Also there are some popular but discontinued perfumes on eBay and I am seeing so many sketchy auctions. Like accounts only 1-2 years old selling many multiples of high-in-demand but discontinued frags.
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
I am far from a fragrence guru, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

However, I’m satisfied with all my purchases
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 3:04 pm
How well do you guys trust these resale sites? Fragrancex has bad reviews so I am hesitant to order from them.

Also there are some popular but discontinued perfumes on eBay and I am seeing so many sketchy auctions. Like accounts only 1-2 years old selling many multiples of high-in-demand but discontinued frags.
I've heard that FragraceX and Fragrancebuy are reputable, however Fragrancebuy seems to have better prices for the the stuff I'm looking for. I've only made a couple purchases with them, and had samples of the stuff I bought. Everything I've bought there seems legit.
Oct 6, 2010
109 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
I'm ashamed to admit how much money I've spent at Fragrancex but suffice to say, I've had no problems with my transactions. Same for Fragrancebuy. I compare both sites before making a purchase but I usually end up going with Fragrancex if I'm buying several items at a time.
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yesterday was Atkinson's Pirate's Grand Reserve.

SOTD Today - Xerjoff 1861 Naxos
Mar 3, 2011
625 posts
509 upvotes
mixpdf wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:24 am
I'm ashamed to admit how much money I've spent at Fragrancex but suffice to say, I've had no problems with my transactions. Same for Fragrancebuy. I compare both sites before making a purchase but I usually end up going with Fragrancex if I'm buying several items at a time.
Isnt FragranceX a US site in US pricing?