• Dec 12th, 2018 10:21 am
Nov 14, 2003
800 posts
560 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 11:07 am
Throwing it out there...

I’ve been eyeing an amouage jubilation tester on Fragbuy. It’s back in stock @ $159 which is a crazy price.

Anyone interested in 30ml splits of this? I’m looking to split 60ml and keep 40ml. Or even do one 50ml split and keep the other 50ml.

Price would be $1.90/ml (after shipping and taxes) plus a few dollars for the bottle and then any shipping charges.
Fruity oud & incense, it sounds nice. I would be good for 30ml.
It's too bad the tester doesn't include the cap, but yeah that's a great price for 100ml.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
int wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 4:45 pm
Fruity oud & incense, it sounds nice. I would be good for 30ml.
It's too bad the tester doesn't include the cap, but yeah that's a great price for 100ml.
Yeah it’s a shame it’s no box and magnetic cap but even for just the juice it’s a solid deal.

I’ll mark you down as being in. We just need one more in @ 30ml and I’ll order it.

I’d toss it in with the shipment of the tobacco Oud if it winds up being a go. So you’d be looking at $59 ($57 for the juice and $2 for the bottle)
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1049 posts
1754 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 2:30 am
1872 is my favourite of the Clive Christian fragrances that I've tried. Very versatile as you suggest. Unfortunately also not worth the price to me.

For me Mojave Ghost > Bal D'Afrique. I like the scent of both of them, but Mojave ghost has staying power for me while Bal D'Afrique doesn't. Did you try Black Saffron? I don't hear any of the reviewers really talk about that one, but it's one of my favourites from Byredo. I never really gave Rose of No Man's Land a chance. I'll have to give it a go based on your impressions here.

Italian Leather is my favourite of the leathers with Russian coming in second. I have travel size of Tamarindo. It's such a great scent.

Did you try the Dark Lord by Kilian? For me that's a total miss.

Just curious. Does Saks give the real Byredo (small boxed ones) or do they fill up the atomizers like they do for just about everything else?

Did you give the new Hermes a try? I think I like it better than the regular TdH.
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 7:11 am
A few things:

Like Cashjinx I prefer Mojave Ghost to Bal D’Afrique but both are great scents (@cluless I purchased a 10ml Afrique sample off eBay for $34 when they had the 15% off code....the guy still has 5ml left at about $23)

Re: African Leather. First time I got my nose on this was from Cashjinx’s sample. I remember smelling it and thinking to myself ‘whoa....wtf is this’. It’s that cumin note that’s extremely intriguing at first. Once I was able to get African Leather on skin and enjoy it from top to drydown....that’s when the love began.

In general I need to test everything on skin to form an opinion. On a test strip doesn’t do justice to many perfumes.

Also $805 for 90ml of CC is eye watering lol
I agree, for me it's the spice - I'm not a fan or these super spiced fragrances they really disagree with me, very similar to spice bomb and VUI tried them on my skin for a few hours but something not for me.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
markopas wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 5:30 pm
I agree, for me it's the spice - I'm not a fan or these super spiced fragrances they really disagree with me, very similar to spice bomb and VUI tried them on my skin for a few hours but something not for me.
Ah yeah I see what you mean. African Leather is definitely heavy on the spice. It’s musky dry down is heavenly though lol
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1049 posts
1754 upvotes
I was pretty much out of arm space by time we reached Byredo so there was definitely no room for By Kilian or Memo... plus running out of time so didnt get a chance to fully check out the Kilian setup... I dont recall seeing Dark Lord but it was just a quick peek of what was there.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
markopas wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 5:39 pm
I was pretty much out of arm space by time we reached Byredo so there was definitely no room for By Kilian or Memo... plus running out of time so didnt get a chance to fully check out the Kilian setup... I dont recall seeing Dark Lord but it was just a quick peek of what was there.
I heard that Dark Lord is basically like the dryest leather fragrance out there lol. Doesn’t sound too appealing. Heard it’s a Creed Viking level disappointment lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
@int I ordered the amouage jubilation.

I couldn’t live with myself for missing out on that since it’s a one time tester deal. So you’re good for the 30ml

Ladies and gents, 30ml still up for grabs. $59 plus cost of shipping.
Nov 14, 2003
800 posts
560 upvotes
Montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 5:43 pm
@int I ordered the amouage jubilation.

I couldn’t live with myself for missing out on that since it’s a one time tester deal. So you’re good for the 30ml

Ladies and gents, 30ml still up for grabs. $59 plus cost of shipping.
Cool, thanks a lot!

Yeah I was hoping the timing would line up with the Tobacco Oud split, that would be great.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
int wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 5:52 pm
Cool, thanks a lot!

Yeah I was hoping the timing would line up with the Tobacco Oud split, that would be great.
Yup this way you’ll save on the shipping cost. Works out well.
Aug 23, 2013
939 posts
236 upvotes
Scarborough
What sites do you guys buy Cologne off?

My last orders were off fragrancebuy, but wanted to know if any other sites are good cologne for reasonable prices.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bleachway wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 8:50 pm
What sites do you guys buy Cologne off?

My last orders were off fragrancebuy, but wanted to know if any other sites are good cologne for reasonable prices.
Fragbuy is the best. Are you looking for designer or niche perfumes, or both?
Aug 23, 2013
939 posts
236 upvotes
Scarborough
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 9:02 pm
Fragbuy is the best. Are you looking for designer or niche perfumes, or both?
Designer
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20235 posts
9026 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Bleachway wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 9:04 pm
Designer
Fragbuy then.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1874 posts
2108 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markopas wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 5:39 pm
They do have it there for sure. That's where I got my nose on it. Imo, you're not missing out.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
1049 posts
1754 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2018 5:42 pm
I heard that Dark Lord is basically like the dryest leather fragrance out there lol. Doesn’t sound too appealing. Heard it’s a Creed Viking level disappointment lol
Then I'm not missing out :)

Viking was too much spice for me, once again it reaches out to me like spice bomb - I mean, viking was more natural and possibly something I could handle but not something I would buy but keep as a gift.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

mtlboy