• Last Updated:
  • Dec 15th, 2017 9:59 pm
Oct 6, 2010
109 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:20 pm
Isnt FragranceX a US site in US pricing?
Clicking on the currency next to the cart brings up a drop-down menu. And you have to factor in GST if comparing with the Fragrancebuy prices. Fragrancex is duty-free.
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markopas wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:20 pm
Isnt FragranceX a US site in US pricing?
FragranceX is a US site, but you can change the currency to show CAD, USD or others.
Mar 3, 2011
625 posts
509 upvotes
mixpdf wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 1:03 pm
Clicking on the currency next to the cart brings up a drop-down menu. And you have to factor in GST if comparing with the Fragrancebuy prices. Fragrancex is duty-free.
How is FragranceX duty free when it comes from the US? are they labelling their products as something other than cosmetic?
Oct 6, 2010
109 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 3:15 pm
How is FragranceX duty free when it comes from the US? are they labelling their products as something other than cosmetic?
Never really paid attention to the labeling but the website says duty-free for orders under $800.
Mar 3, 2011
625 posts
509 upvotes
Who in their right mind is going to pay $800... I've personally never found anything good since I stumbled across FragBuy.. when you do the math and the possible chance of conversion and dinged with duties it doesn't make sense unless you know the price is going way well in your favour.
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
FragrenceX carries Chanel and I've never seen it on FragrenceBuy.

on a side note, my Herod from FB came today.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
Easto wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 6:01 pm
on a side note, my Herod from FB came today.
Pls share your impressions!

SOTD - Chanel Edition Blanche aka lemon meringue pie
Oct 6, 2010
109 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:38 pm
Who in their right mind is going to pay $800... I've personally never found anything good since I stumbled across FragBuy.. when you do the math and the possible chance of conversion and dinged with duties it doesn't make sense unless you know the price is going way well in your favour.
You do your math and I'll do mine. My math doesn't include imaginary duties that have never materialized in the five orders I've placed this year. Once they've both got the items in the sizes that I want, I give Fragrancex and Fragrancebuy an equal shot. But this is RFD... I'm compelled to buy where it's cheapest!
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Went into Marshalls near Sherway on my way home. They have a bottle of Aventus for Her for 299.99, but it's only 75 ml and the box is kinda beat up.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 7:12 pm
Went into Marshalls near Sherway on my way home. They have a bottle of Aventus for Her for 299.99, but it's only 75 ml and the box is kinda beat up.
Didn't think they would carry niche. I should drop by more often. wonder what the chances of Aventus (for men) appearing on their shelves would be
Jan 8, 2015
390 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 8:20 pm
Didn't think they would carry niche. I should drop by more often. wonder what the chances of Aventus (for men) appearing on their shelves would be
As always it's YMMV. I got a bottle of Royal Oud and Royal water a couple weekends ago at the Winners in Woodbridge. I've also seen a couple of Bond no. 9 bottles. I bought Manhattan, but returned it after seeing a few reviews. I've seen Amber, Oud, Musk, Manhattan, Perfumista, and Patchouli recently. They range from 99.99 to 129.99 for a 50 ml bottle.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1026 posts
190 upvotes
Brampton
Finally added TF Noir Extreme to my collection over the weekend. It was at the top of my need-to-have list hahah it going straight info my fall winter rotation! Easily the best designer gourmand around imo. It doesn't get much attention these days. Main notes I get are vanilla and kulfi - a creamy Indian dessert (think vanilla-pistachio ice cream)! While the women's version is available, I can see women wearing the men's version even.
Aug 22, 2009
686 posts
92 upvotes
Parfume de Marly - Herod

It's the perfect time of the year to give this one a try. The notes I can find are:

TOP: Cinnamon, Pepper Wood
HEART NOTES: Osmanthus, Tobacco leaf, Frankincense, Labdanum
BASE NOTES: Vanilla pod, Woods, Atlas cedar, Vetiver, Patchouli, Iso e super, Cypriol, Musk

First off, I don't have a very experienced nose and I would have no idea what most of these notes would even smell like.

So my dumb down version of what I smell: Wet Tobacco and Cherry

I bought a 30 ml Decant of this one and after wearing it the first time I was sold on getting a full bottle and snagged a 125ml Tester for $179 on FragBuy.

I wouldn't wear this in warm weather, but it's a killer in the cooler fall and winter temps.

If you're looking to smell different than everyone else this winter, PdM Herod is highly recommended. Not only will you smell different, you'll smell better. This one gets awesome reviews online and the great thing is FragrenceBuy sells it at a great price.

Likely my next niche bottle will be PdM Layton and I need to find a sample of Oajan. I've heard good things, but nowhere to sample around here.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4943 posts
778 upvotes
markopas wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 5:38 pm
Not sure how FragranceX did duty-free before, but most frags are made in either EU or USA...and now CETA allows most EU products to be duty-free. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)