Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2018 1:31 am
Oct 15, 2013
426 posts
565 upvotes
SOTD - https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Rep ... 12897.html

Had a sample of this abomination I think I was given at Sephora when I bought Vanille Extreme from CSP.

Going on was quite pleasant, nice salty sea notes...dry down is horrid putrid seaweed. I see the mid-notes for this on fragrantica are "coral reef"...I presume they mean one off Juhu Beach not the Great Barrier.
Nov 24, 2013
120 posts
132 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Received an email from FragranceBuy for Free shipping on Pre-Tax orders over $49.
Code: THANQ18
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20395 posts
9251 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
iamtheliveking wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 9:33 pm
Received an email from FragranceBuy for Free shipping on Pre-Tax orders over $49.
Code: THANQ18
Yup got that email as well. Also one 10% off coupon code for each subscriber that’s valid until Jan 2019.

I’m eying a few things lol
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Nov 24, 2013
120 posts
132 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Lol, I burnt my wallet badly so I am letting go this time.
Nov 14, 2003
809 posts
578 upvotes
Montreal
The Xerjoff Universe site is online. Thankfully for my wallet they're not shipping to Canada. Maybe shipping to the States could be an option for some here?

I like the idea of creating your own sample kit and getting the price refunded if you end up buying a bottle within a couple of months. The Coffee Break online exclusives sound really good.
Nov 14, 2003
809 posts
578 upvotes
Montreal
SOTN Intoxicated by Kilian
a smooth luxurious A*Men, this gets a big thumbs-up from me
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1913 posts
2185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:50 pm
The Xerjoff Universe site is online. Thankfully for my wallet they're not shipping to Canada. Maybe shipping to the States could be an option for some here?

I like the idea of creating your own sample kit and getting the price refunded if you end up buying a bottle within a couple of months. The Coffee Break online exclusives sound really good.
I was looking at that too. I’m not sure if there’s any duties and if there is, will kinek pay for them on my behalf? Those exclusives that are tempting.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1913 posts
2185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 10:58 pm
SOTN Intoxicated by Kilian
a smooth luxurious A*Men, this gets a big thumbs-up from me
Agreed!

SOTN for me was Atelier Orange Sanguine.
May 28, 2006
714 posts
411 upvotes
markopas wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 12:43 pm
Anyone have any reviews or comments on Zoha?

They are a local and deal in oils only (inspirations).
Yeah I got 6 last week, aventus clone is kind of aventusy but I don't like aventus, pegasus I have not smelled the real thing but I don't the smell of this one, herrod I have a decant and it smells similar/close, bleu de chanel is similar, i got a Madagascan vanilla original and while only tested it once i wasn't a fan, and armani code profumo which I tested once at a Sephora and while that was a while ago I don't think it smells like how i remember it. I liked the real thing, the zoha one is alright but honestly probably won't use it, you get kind of rootbeery smell.

so maybe 3-4/6. The prices are cheap enough that I thought it was interesting, hindsight I probably would have put that money ($60) into 1-2 splits/decants of something I really like. First time using oils, performance is good, I had like 4 of them on my arms and it past the go to sleep, wake up and it's still there test I do. Also got on my pillows cause I smelled the aventus one on my pillow the next day.

I don't like the oily sheen it left on my arms, and the aventus one some oil leaked out I guess in shipment. Not a lot, but enough that it got on my hands, and when I tried to wipe it off the oil took some of the label off with it.

Would I recommend it? I'm indifferent, If you want to gamble to see if you can find one you like and will use, $60 for 6 scents (i got the 6mls of each) isn't a bad price. I just don't think I am used to, or really want to use oils.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20395 posts
9251 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
cluless wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 2:03 am
Anyone have decants or decanting BR540 Extrait? TIA!
Fragbuy has 11ml travel sizes of the EDP for $40. The extrait is tougher to get though. Haven’t seen anyone decanting that yet. I have about 4ml of it from a couple MFK sample packs. Best would be to maybe gauge the demand for a group split.

I can give you a €14 off code for the MFK site if that’d help you out. Or you could ask Gary at Fragbuy to add a bottle to his next MFK order.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
SOTD - Kilian Back to Black

Typically described as a sweet honey tobacco. When I think about it I can get the similar vibe.

Definitely unisex

Asked my wife and kids what they think: “You smell like baby powder”

Damn expensive baby powder :)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20395 posts
9251 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD - Tom Ford Tobacco Oud

Sprayed it and my gf was like ‘wtf is that’. She hates it.

Don’t care what she thinks. This scent. Wow.

LOVE.

@int @Easto @CashJinx boys....easy on that trigger though. The sprayer on those 50ml bottles we got are BEAST MODE
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 2:09 pm
SOTD - Tom Ford Tobacco Oud

Sprayed it and my gf was like ‘wtf is that’. She hates it.

Don’t care what she thinks. This scent. Wow.

LOVE.

@int @Easto @CashJinx boys....easy on that trigger though. The sprayer on those 50ml bottles we got are BEAST MODE
I am so on the fence with Tobacco Oud.

My wife actually doesn’t mind it. Says it smells like incense in church.

I get whiffs that I really like then I get whiffs and I’m not sure if I like it. It’s very unique to me, very strong, and IMO needs the right environment to wear it.

I’m thinking outdoors cold weather this one will be great.

And I agree, the sprayer doesn’t hold back!