Baccarat rouge 540 extrait de Parfum
Nov 24, 2013
120 posts
132 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Easto wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 3:28 pm
I am so on the fence with Tobacco Oud.

My wife actually doesn’t mind it. Says it smells like incense in church.

I get whiffs that I really like then I get whiffs and I’m not sure if I like it. It’s very unique to me, very strong, and IMO needs the right environment to wear it.

I’m thinking outdoors cold weather this one will be great.

And I agree, the sprayer doesn’t hold back!
I love this stuff but Tom Ford has this two very special blends called "Oud Wood Intense" and "Tobacco Oud Intense"- these Intense blends are better than the original..I feel they are close to extrait level plus they last and projects longer.

Try it out next time and it's a journey to the next level.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
iamtheliveking wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 4:03 pm
I love this stuff but Tom Ford has this two very special blends called "Oud Wood Intense" and "Tobacco Oud Intense"- these Intense blends are better than the original..I feel they are close to extrait level plus they last and projects longer.

Try it out next time and it's a journey to the next level.
I have a 30ml decant of Oud Wood and love it
May 28, 2006
714 posts
411 upvotes
Anyone try Montale's Intense Cafe. Reviews/comments are like half/half, some say there's barely any coffee note, some people say they get a lot of coffee, what..?

I was gonna blind buy a bottle with the fragbuy coupon cause every split I am looking at is basically half the price of a bottle, but for only 10ml (cause of shipping anyway).

sotd - nothing except Grand Soir from last night (like 18 hours ago) is still on my arm and going strong.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1913 posts
2185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 2:09 pm
SOTD - Tom Ford Tobacco Oud

Sprayed it and my gf was like ‘wtf is that’. She hates it.

Don’t care what she thinks. This scent. Wow.

LOVE.

@int @Easto @CashJinx boys....easy on that trigger though. The sprayer on those 50ml bottles we got are BEAST MODE
I'm actually using one of the 30ml sprayers, so it's all good. I love the opening. It does get incensey on the drydown, but it's not too bad for me.

So what's the next split going to be boys (and or girls if interested)?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20395 posts
9251 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 8:43 pm
I'm actually using one of the 30ml sprayers, so it's all good. I love the opening. It does get incensey on the drydown, but it's not too bad for me.

So what's the next split going to be boys (and or girls if interested)?
Ah nice.

Yeah I just get tons of tobacco (like the best pipe tobacco I’ve ever smelled) and a bit of Oud but it’s not a dirty/in your face Oud.

I’m down for whatever split wise!
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Nov 14, 2003
809 posts
578 upvotes
Montreal
Smiley09 wrote:
Oct 6th, 2018 6:08 pm
Anyone try Montale's Intense Cafe. Reviews/comments are like half/half, some say there's barely any coffee note, some people say they get a lot of coffee, what..?

I was gonna blind buy a bottle with the fragbuy coupon cause every split I am looking at is basically half the price of a bottle, but for only 10ml (cause of shipping anyway).

sotd - nothing except Grand Soir from last night (like 18 hours ago) is still on my arm and going strong.
I have a bottle of Intense Cafe and I love it. I wouldn’t say that it has a realistic coffee note. It’s more of a sweet chocolate French vanilla latte. The rose and vanilla are more prominent here. But everything works really well together to create a sweet delicious scent. I’ve got Intense Cafe lined up to be my SOTD tomorrow.

This isn’t a safe blind buy in my opinion. The closest thing I can think of to give you an idea would be Cafe Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne. You might find that one in a Sephora and although they’re not similar, I think they both use the “coffee” idea in a similar abstract way. Cafe Tuberosa is also a great scent by the way and worth a try.
May 28, 2006
714 posts
411 upvotes
int wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 12:30 am
I have a bottle of Intense Cafe and I love it. I wouldn’t say that it has a realistic coffee note. It’s more of a sweet chocolate French vanilla latte. The rose and vanilla are more prominent here. But everything works really well together to create a sweet delicious scent. I’ve got Intense Cafe lined up to be my SOTD tomorrow.

This isn’t a safe blind buy in my opinion. The closest thing I can think of to give you an idea would be Cafe Tuberosa by Atelier Cologne. You might find that one in a Sephora and although they’re not similar, I think they both use the “coffee” idea in a similar abstract way. Cafe Tuberosa is also a great scent by the way and worth a try.
Hum alright, I'll be near Sephora tomorrow as I pick up some thanksgiving stuff so I'll be sure to check it out. thanks for the insight
Oct 15, 2013
426 posts
565 upvotes
My first order arrived from MaxAroma today, didn't get dinged with tax on a $197 USD order so that was good.

Surprise with the 200ml Prada Infusion D'Homme was it was a box set, so came with 100ml After Shave Balm too. Not bad. I may have just got lucky with them running out of stock of the 200ml individual.

Two of the other that came were Joop and Bentley Intense.

Joop is as weird as I remember and Bentley Intense was a little disappointing, going on it smells like a musky and cheaper Dior Homme Intense + D&G The One. Kind of a Rum and Coke vibe in the dry down.
It was $30 though so looking at it that way, I suppose it is a bit of a bargain.

I'd use MaxAroma again, they had good comms when there was a problem with USPS. It still shows this delivery is in New Jersey according to USPS tracking but obviously that's not the case.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
SOTD: PdM Layton

Easily in my top 5 fragrances. Love this stuff.

I’m starting to considering limiting my collection to 20 but only getting 9/10 or 10/10 frags. All homerun hitters.

That being said if I own Layton, is Layton Exclusive redundant?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1913 posts
2185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 2:32 pm
SOTD: PdM Layton

Easily in my top 5 fragrances. Love this stuff.

I’m starting to considering limiting my collection to 20 but only getting 9/10 or 10/10 frags. All homerun hitters.

That being said if I own Layton, is Layton Exclusive redundant?
As I understand it, it's not redundant, but I think it's not a blind buy kind of thing either.
May 28, 2006
714 posts
411 upvotes
charliegee wrote:
Oct 7th, 2018 2:55 am
My first order arrived from MaxAroma today, didn't get dinged with tax on a $197 USD order so that was good.

Surprise with the 200ml Prada Infusion D'Homme was it was a box set, so came with 100ml After Shave Balm too. Not bad. I may have just got lucky with them running out of stock of the 200ml individual.

Two of the other that came were Joop and Bentley Intense.

Joop is as weird as I remember and Bentley Intense was a little disappointing, going on it smells like a musky and cheaper Dior Homme Intense + D&G The One. Kind of a Rum and Coke vibe in the dry down.
It was $30 though so looking at it that way, I suppose it is a bit of a bargain.

I'd use MaxAroma again, they had good comms when there was a problem with USPS. It still shows this delivery is in New Jersey according to USPS tracking but obviously that's not the case.

I've used their ebay side of their pocketperfume service. On MaxAroma they have better selection, but come time for those 15-20% ebay coupons you can use them for those pocket perfume 8ml travel samples. The seller is pocketperfume, and the atomizers say maxaroma on them so yeah, same company.

Come time to pay on ebay they don't combine shipping so it'll freak you out initially cause it'll be like $15-25 for the frag, $10 for shipping, and then that's for every frag so $25-35USD for every 8ml. What you do is message them saying to refund the shipping cost and they'll do it (if it's like 3-4, if it's more it'll be a little bit more). It's a workaround, and not ideal but it's a thing.

The actual website does combine shipping automatically though so it'll be roughly $15+ a little bit each additional frag sample. You also get increased selection, but you don't get to use coupons on those.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1913 posts
2185 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD will be 5 o'clock au gingembre. I can't think of anything else that I have which will be better for Thanksgiving dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving all!
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1105 posts
722 upvotes
SOTD - Club de Nuit Intense

Stole a few sprays from my brothers bottle.

For $30 this stuff is awesome.

And I’m an Aventus owner
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20395 posts
9251 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Feel like trolling my gf today as a thanksgiving laugh so I’ll go with something she hates

SOTD

Maison Francis Kurkdjian

Oud Satin Mood Extrait de Parfum
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao