[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19422 posts
7814 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:35 am
Kind of depends on what kind of Oud you're looking for. Are you looking for something gentle or in your face skanky?

Gucci Intense Oud, Floris Honey Oud (very wearable, but $165 on Fragrancebuy), Diptyque Oud Palao (if you like it skanky), I could decant some (up to 50ml) TF Tobacco Oud for you, well within your budget. I got a flacon of it in September and split with @nasa25 @int and @Easto , who all took 50ml each.
That tobacco oud is intoxicating. I have to limit myself from wearing it so that I don't go through it in like a month lol

I'm gonna blow minds right now and say that's the best tobacco-centric fragrance I own. Better than Herod, Chergui, Tobacco Vanille and 18.21 manmade sweet tobacco spirits.
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1580 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:39 am
That tobacco oud is intoxicating. I have to limit myself from wearing it so that I don't go through it in like a month lol
It is nice. Not super Oud-y. That Lira though. I've been holding off because I don't ever want toe get to the bottom of the bottle. lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19422 posts
7814 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 10:43 am
It is nice. Not super Oud-y. That Lira though. I've been holding off because I don't ever want toe get to the bottom of the bottle. lol
Lol me too. I limit myself to max 2 sprays on the Lira. I need it to last awhile!
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1580 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cluless wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 12:26 pm
Here's a fun fact:
I've seen this before, it's a good indicator of how long something will last, but the distribution of the sprayer could alter those results. The only thing is that it I don't know if it takes into account, generous sprayers like the Creed ones, which are very generous.
Oct 15, 2013
249 posts
171 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Kind of depends on what kind of Oud you're looking for. Are you looking for something gentle or in your face skanky?

Gucci Intense Oud, Floris Honey Oud (very wearable, but $165 on Fragrancebuy), Diptyque Oud Palao (if you like it skanky), I could decant some (up to 50ml) TF Tobacco Oud for you, well within your budget. I got a flacon of it in September and split with @nasa25 @int and @Easto , who all took 50ml each.
Well, I’m not too familiar with the smell so full on skanky might be a touch too far at first, however I was watching youtube on Tobacco Oud earlier and it does sound very intriguing and I don’t have any TF from the private line so yeah I could well be up for that.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1580 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
charliegee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 1:38 pm
Well, I’m not too familiar with the smell so full on skanky might be a touch too far at first, however I was watching youtube on Tobacco Oud earlier and it does sound very intriguing and I don’t have any TF from the private line so yeah I could well be up for that.
Cool. If you're interested, send me a PM, and we'll discuss.
Nov 24, 2013
103 posts
76 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
charliegee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 9:01 am
Speaking of Ouds...if you were only to own one and wanted to keep the price below or around $150, what would you get?

I don’t own any yet, and I’d like to add one to the collection. Atm I’m thinking Montale might be a good line to consider.
@Charliegee, I like Rasasi Faqat Lil Rijal - it's Oud based scent - It is definitely soft and a bit sweet. It's on fragbuy for $45 for a 50ml bottle. Fragrance connoisseurs are highly rating this perfume based on its characteristics.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19422 posts
7814 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 12:55 pm
I've seen this before, it's a good indicator of how long something will last, but the distribution of the sprayer could alter those results. The only thing is that it I don't know if it takes into account, generous sprayers like the Creed ones, which are very generous.
yup it's a good chart but for beast mode sprayers like creed or the ones we got from china, you can probably cut those day totals in half lol
RIP sick fadez.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19422 posts
7814 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
charliegee wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 1:38 pm
if you grab it from Cashjinx and realize it's not for you, I'll buy it from you lol. So no risk on your part.
RIP sick fadez.
Nov 14, 2003
731 posts
389 upvotes
Montreal
I agree with what you guys are saying about Tobacco Oud. It's a great sweet smoky scent. It's not offensive at all, but for me it has a "don't care what you think" flow to it.

SOTD Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille
tomorrow's SOTD Tom Ford Tobacco Oud :)
Nov 14, 2003
731 posts
389 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:

I thought about getting either Oud Palao or Oud Mosaic. They're very similar with the Diptyque Oud Palao being slightly higher quality. Since I found a tiny 15ml bottle of Oud Mosaic on sale at a BR outlet I went with that one. It's an interesting scent to try once in a while, but I can't see myself ever finishing a big bottle of an oud dominant scent.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1580 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 4:11 pm
I thought about getting either Oud Palao or Oud Mosaic. They're very similar with the Diptyque Oud Palao being slightly higher quality. Since I found a tiny 15ml bottle of Oud Mosaic on sale at a BR outlet I went with that one. It's an interesting scent to try once in a while, but I can't see myself ever finishing a big bottle of an oud dominant scent.
If you can handle Oud Palao, you get my respect. I find it too dirty for me, but to be perfectly honest I never tried it on skin, so maybe it'll be okay. Oyedo though is pretty nice, but that Yuzu, not Oud.
Nov 14, 2003
731 posts
389 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 4:22 pm
If you can handle Oud Palao, you get my respect. I find it too dirty for me, but to be perfectly honest I never tried it on skin, so maybe it'll be okay. Oyedo though is pretty nice, but that Yuzu, not Oud.
I'll be honest, the first couple of times trying it were challenging. Once I overdid it and got a bad headache.

After I got past my bug spray impression, I started to appreciate the nice rose note that develops. Some other ouds I've tried ... soiled baby diapers lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

CashJinx