Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7815 posts
361 upvotes
Brampton
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 7:16 am
@Badman
Why would you get ADP Colonia at Costco for $75 for 50ml when you can get a 100ml tester at Fragbuy for $65? That’s a different league price wise.
Wow can’t believe I missed that

Guess I’ll order it from there.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Badman wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:08 am
Wow can’t believe I missed that

Guess I’ll order it from there.
Plus you get the extra 5% off and free shipping with Fragbuy. Should come out to just under $70 all in.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Van Cleef and Arpels Bois Dore
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
https://fragrancebuy.ca/products/armaft ... 1400304655

$35 for a Tres Nuit gift set over at Fragbuy. Great deal imo.

You get a bottle of perfume, shower gel, body spray and roll on deodorant. The bottle of tres nuit typically goes for about $30 on it's own so you're getting a lot for the extra 5 bucks.
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
524 upvotes
Montreal
SOTD Ferrari Leather Essence
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
524 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:56 am
SOTD - Van Cleef and Arpels Bois Dore
Nice, Bois Dore was yesterday's SOTD.
This is solid, top shelf worthy. I like how the woody notes add to the vanilla and tonka. And this is one that my wife and I could share - she loves it.
I've read that it's similar to Tom Ford's FAstonished Face Fabulous. What do you think @CashJinx ?
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
524 upvotes
Montreal
Here are some notes on a few designer fragrances that I've checked out recently for the fall and winter.

Bvlgari Man In Black: I get spices, cinnamon, cedar, and hints of leather. This is perfect for the fall and winter. I really like this one and highly recommend it if you're looking for an affordable, good quality spicy fall scent.

Hugo Boss Bottled Intense EDP: opens with sweet apples and cinnamon, has kind of a generic men's cologne vibe in the opening. And for me the drydown didn't get any better. It's too artificial and synthetically sweet for me. I was hoping this would be a nice smooth apple cinnamon scent, but it's pass for me.

JPG Le Male Essence EDP: a soft leather with spices, saffron and lavender. It's basically Le Male plus sweet leather and some spices. I'm gonna pass on this one too because I did not like the drydown. But if you're a fan of the original, and want a cold weather version of it, this could work for you.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:58 am

You get a bottle of perfume, shower gel, body spray and roll on deodorant. The bottle of tres nuit typically goes for about $30 on it's own so you're getting a lot for the extra 5 bucks.
That's a great deal!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 10:05 am
Nice, Bois Dore was yesterday's SOTD.
This is solid, top shelf worthy. I like how the woody notes add to the vanilla and tonka. And this is one that my wife and I could share - she loves it.
I've read that it's similar to Tom Ford's FAstonished Face Fabulous. What do you think @CashJinx ?
I find that many of the Van Cleef Collection Extroidinaire are top shelf. It's a shame that they don't get more attention, but at the same time, if they did more people would be wearing it. lol I have full bottles of Boie Dore and Ambre Imperial, and a few healthy samples of Orchidee Vanille. From what I remember Moonlight Patchouli is nice and so is California Reverie.

Gee I wouldn't have necessarily made that comparison to FF, but I see where some people might make that connection. For me, the leather in FF stands out more and Bois Dore doesn't have any leather so for be a big difference there.

I prefer this to FF as it leans more heavily on the tonka and vanilla. If FF is more the way somebody would want to go, then I'd advise a clone as opposed to getting this as a substitution.

It really is a great unisex scent. My wife likes it on me and I her.
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
524 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 12:15 pm
I find that many of the Van Cleef Collection Extroidinaire are top shelf. It's a shame that they don't get more attention, but at the same time, if they did more people would be wearing it. lol I have full bottles of Boie Dore and Ambre Imperial, and a few healthy samples of Orchidee Vanille. From what I remember Moonlight Patchouli is nice and so is California Reverie.

Gee I wouldn't have necessarily made that comparison to FF, but I see where some people might make that connection. For me, the leather in FF stands out more and Bois Dore doesn't have any leather so for be a big difference there.

I prefer this to FF as it leans more heavily on the tonka and vanilla. If FF is more the way somebody would want to go, then I'd advise a clone as opposed to getting this as a substitution.

It really is a great unisex scent. My wife likes it on me and I her.
Thanks for your thoughts on it, that's really helpful because I don't think that I ever paid much attention to FF apart from bottle sniffs. Maybe it's the shared almond note that inspired the comparisons on fragrantica? Anyway, for me VCA's BD is versatile and enjoyable, it's in the buy queue now.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 2:45 pm
Thanks for your thoughts on it, that's really helpful because I don't think that I ever paid much attention to FF apart from bottle sniffs. Maybe it's the shared almond note that inspired the comparisons on fragrantica? Anyway, for me VCA's BD is versatile and enjoyable, it's in the buy queue now.
Keep an eye out for the next eBay sale. I got both of my testers from there during the sales. You'll have to beat @nasa25 to it though. lol
Oct 15, 2013
340 posts
371 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2018 9:58 am

Saw this last week and forgot to post.

@Badman instead of Colonia even though that is a great deal, you may want to consider this because as much like CDNI is Aventus, Tres Nuit is Creed's Green Irish Tweed (although afaik not quite as close a clone as CDNI but still very good).
You're basically getting all that extra for free so it's mega deal on top of an already good value clone.

If I didn't already own Le Parfait I'd probably pick this up myself.

Some people that own both Tres Nuit ($30) and GIT ($300) actually prefer Tres Nuit, you can see here for eg: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/435647 ... -tres-nuit
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I prefer tres nuit to GIT

Basically spot on the Creed except for that opening grassy note that no one likes anyway.
Oct 15, 2013
340 posts
371 upvotes
SOTD - Creed Viking

On paper in the store I quite liked this, on skin it's a slightly minty and peppery mix that reminded me slightly of the dentist and maybe a bit of fireball whisky. I'm shocked that they expect $495 USD for this at retail as it didn't last that long and I find it pretty boring.