Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD

That Tobacco Oud
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ugh. I've had stuff sitting in my cart at Fragbuy for days, but haven't pulled the trigger. I should have just jumped on that Elysium and been done. :(

I have a couple of MFK in there, but I already have travel sizes for all of them, so I don't really "need" them. Then there's a couple of blind buys, which I'm not sure about because they're blind buys. Maybe I'll just wait till BF/CM.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 12:30 pm
Ugh. I've had stuff sitting in my cart at Fragbuy for days, but haven't pulled the trigger. I should have just jumped on that Elysium and been done. :(

I have a couple of MFK in there, but I already have travel sizes for all of them, so I don't really "need" them. Then there's a couple of blind buys, which I'm not sure about because they're blind buys. Maybe I'll just wait till BF/CM.
Those 250 bonus sprays though....
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
Oct 15, 2013
340 posts
371 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 12:30 pm

Sounds like you should just save your money if you don't have a burning desire for the stuff. I was thinking of getting Elysium just so I could own a Roja but I think I'd rather get something that is more unique from that line. Have you tried it before?

SOTD - CDNI + Demeter Pineapple

So thought I'd give the infamous layering of pineapple and cdni mix = fruity aventus batch a try. First just did spray on arm of one then the other and this didn't work it's far too sweet as the demeter takes over. Then remember I bought a flo (travalo style) travel sprayer so pumped that with approx 2/3 CDNI and 1/3 Demeter and it works very well to calm down that very synthetic lemon pledge smell you get from CDNI at the start that you don't get in Aventus, not bad!
I read after that the "god tier" mix is 80% CDNI + 20% Demeter so I'll pump some more CDNI in and try that later.

I don't have a fruity Aventus batch to compare it to as mine is the smokey type but it's an improvement on the base CDNI I think.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Needed those 250 bonus sprays more than I needed this but oh well.

Sprayed my arm and now I’m a walking lemon lol. It’s actually extremely pleasant though. If it’s good enough for Sinatra, it’s good enough for me.

Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
charliegee wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:35 pm
Sounds like you should just save your money if you don't have a burning desire for the stuff. I was thinking of getting Elysium just so I could own a Roja but I think I'd rather get something that is more unique from that line. Have you tried it before?
Yeah, I probably will just wait till later on this month. I have a sample of Elysium I got in Philly during the summer. It really is a beautiful fragrance. No, it's not groundbreaking, but it is a fantastic freshy. Performance is average too. So at regular retail, it wouldn't be worth it, but at that sale price it was super tempting! Also unlike the other Roja's it's 100ml vs the usual 50ml.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:51 pm
Needed those 250 bonus sprays more than I needed this but oh well.

Sprayed my arm and now I’m a walking lemon lol. It’s actually extremely pleasant though. If it’s good enough for Sinatra, it’s good enough for me.
Lol, glad you like it. Man, you love yourself some sprays. lol
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:56 pm
Yeah, I probably will just wait till later on this month. I have a sample of Elysium I got in Philly during the summer. It really is a beautiful fragrance. No, it's not groundbreaking, but it is a fantastic freshy. Performance is average too. So at regular retail, it wouldn't be worth it, but at that sale price it was super tempting! Also unlike the other Roja's it's 100ml vs the usual 50ml.
Yup

The Roja and the ADP colonia were really the only two excellent deals during this anniversary sale (Roja was by far the best deal at $100 off though)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 1:57 pm
Lol, glad you like it. Man, you love yourself some sprays. lol
I’m at 4500 sprays. Need 500 more for the whack of 10% off coupons and $25 gift card.

That African Leather is going to be my ‘Eau Addict’ Tier gift to myself, from myself. Might as well give myself a gift for spending tons of money this past year lmao.

Anything left in your wishlist? I pretty much have nothing left in mine.

A few MFK travel sizes that I already have (and I'd get more of once I run out)
La Yukawam which I'm on the fence about
Amber Empire which is now sold out lol
African Leather which is my Eau Addict gift to myself lol
Grand Pirates Reserve which I asked Gary to get in

Guess we were mulling that Percival but from looking at the note profile/reviews, I'm not sure if thats a slam dunk blind buy for me (unlike say Carlisle)

Other than the Xerjoff's there's really nothing that I'm dying to add to my collection. Maybe MFK Absolue Poir Le Soir, not because I totally love it but because it's such a 'wtf is this' kind of fragrance I think I need to add it to my collection lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 2:00 pm
I’m at 4500 sprays. Need 500 more for the whack of 10% off coupons and $25 gift card.

That African Leather is going to be my ‘Eau Addict’ Tier gift to myself, from myself. Might as well give myself a gift for spending tons of money this past year lmao.

Anything left in your wishlist? I pretty much have nothing left in mine.

A few MFK travel sizes that I already have (and I'd get more of once I run out)
La Yukawam which I'm on the fence about
Amber Empire which is now sold out lol
African Leather which is my Eau Addict gift to myself lol
Grand Pirates Reserve which I asked Gary to get in

Guess we were mulling that Percival but from looking at the note profile/reviews, I'm not sure if thats a slam dunk blind buy for me (unlike say Carlisle)

Other than the Xerjoff's there's really nothing that I'm dying to add to my collection. Maybe MFK Absolue Poir Le Soir, not because I totally love it but because it's such a 'wtf is this' kind of fragrance I think I need to add it to my collection lol
Oh, there's a;ways stuff on my wish list, it's just not all at Fragbuy lol. Grand Pirates would be really nice. Atkinsons also has another one called Mint and Tonic that I like. Similar to ELDO YoSLY.

So On Fragbuy I'm considering ELDO - Like This, Floris - Honey Oud, MFK - BR540, FERRAGAMO TUSCAN SCENT BIANCO DI CARRARA KIT , Ormonde Jayne - Montabbaco, DS Durga - Italain Citrus, Diptyque - Oyedo, but none of them are must haves and many of them are blind buys. I could easily drop a few of those, but those are on my radar.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 3:18 pm
Oh, there's a;ways stuff on my wish list, it's just not all at Fragbuy lol. Grand Pirates would be really nice. Atkinsons also has another one called Mint and Tonic that I like. Similar to ELDO YoSLY.

So On Fragbuy I'm considering ELDO - Like This, Floris - Honey Oud, MFK - BR540, FERRAGAMO TUSCAN SCENT BIANCO DI CARRARA KIT , Ormonde Jayne - Montabbaco, DS Durga - Italain Citrus, Diptyque - Oyedo, but none of them are must haves and many of them are blind buys. I could easily drop a few of those, but those are on my radar.
That Honey Oud was peeking my interest earlier this week. The Ferragamo set also looks like a pretty good deal. The BR540 travel vials are a must have in any collection imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 3:54 pm
That Honey Oud was peeking my interest earlier this week. The Ferragamo set also looks like a pretty good deal. The BR540 travel vials are a must have in any collection imo.
I've seen good reviews of the Honey Oud, just not sure I want to commit to a whole bottle though. The Ferragamo thing seems like a good deal, I wouldn't really hesitate on that, and the BR540, I was thinking of getting a full bottle, but it's 3.46/ml, and for the traveler it's 3.27/ml? What the heck? Why is the traveler cheaper per ml? I guess traveler it might be. Maybe I'll go ELDO, Ferragamo, and BR540. Still not sure.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19831 posts
8443 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 4:58 pm
I've seen good reviews of the Honey Oud, just not sure I want to commit to a whole bottle though. The Ferragamo thing seems like a good deal, I wouldn't really hesitate on that, and the BR540, I was thinking of getting a full bottle, but it's 3.46/ml, and for the traveler it's 3.27/ml? What the heck? Why is the traveler cheaper per ml? I guess traveler it might be. Maybe I'll go ELDO, Ferragamo, and BR540. Still not sure.
Unless you have a 10% off code, the BR540 is probably a bit cheaper through the MFK website at 195 euros less that 14 euro coupon that you have. I guess then you run the risk of taxes/duties/CBSA not liking the fact that you're importing perfume though....
Jan 11, 2013
166 posts
11 upvotes
GTA
Anyone here know what the discount code is to get 5% off fragrance buy? Is there a minimum $ order?