Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2018 3:13 pm
Sep 13, 2003
485 posts
44 upvotes
curiousmoi wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 9:25 pm
Anyone here know what the discount code is to get 5% off fragrance buy? Is there a minimum $ order?
partyat5 - min is $100 i think
Saga Boy - D Star Boy Crew
Oct 6, 2010
113 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
kaiser__sose wrote:
Nov 6th, 2018 9:37 pm

partyat5 - min is $100 i think
Minimum for the 5% discount is $55.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1055 posts
649 upvotes
Frags for Ladies:

I am curious which scents you guys/girls really like to smell on females?

A few my wife have that I enjoy:

Armani Code EDP
D&G Light Blue
Juicy Couture Viva la juicy
Replica - Soul of the Forrest (sample)
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
19829 posts
8440 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Going full on beast mode today

SOTD

Tom Ford

Tuscan Leather
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
523 upvotes
Montreal
SOTD Serge Lutens 5 O'Clock Au Gingembre
Mar 12, 2017
120 posts
156 upvotes
SOTD - Creed VIW, I think I'm going to have to buy this one, after years of hemming and hawing.
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
523 upvotes
Montreal
Easto wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 7:14 am
Frags for Ladies:

Armani Code EDP
D&G Light Blue
My top picks from my wife's collection:
Creed Aqua Fiorentina
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidee Vanille
Parfum De Marly Delina

Thanks to me she got into fragrances too. Maybe it's just me, but I find fragrances marketed towards women tend to cost more than those towards men. I dunno, it could be just my luck that she happens to like the pricey stuff.
Nov 24, 2013
114 posts
113 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
SOTD: Bois D'Orage by Frederic Malle

Thought it's a perfect scent to go with current weather - Smell of Oakmoss, Vetiver and Wet woods after the rain.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 7:14 am
Frags for Ladies:

Armani Code EDP
D&G Light Blue
My wife primarily uses Atelier Pomello Paradis, which is great on her, and I got her a bottle of Le Labo Lys 41 which I really like on her (but not me). Lastly, she has a few generous samples (15ml worth?) of Van Cleef and Arpels Orchidee Vanille which is really nice on her. She's not big on fragrances.

There's a few MM Replicas that are nice like Beach Walk and Lipstick On, and there's also a bunch of unisex things that I wear that I wouldn't mind her wearing like Van Cleef Bois Dore, TF Black Orchid, MFK Petit Matin, ELDO YoSLY, Frederic Malle Music for a While, Memo Tamarindo, Atelier Orange Sanguine, Kilian Love the Way You Feel/Taste etc. She's contemplating getting the Hermes rhubarb one right now, which I may pick up for her.

She basically loves anything which is primarily citrus and linear, which I find a little boring, but they do smell nice on her. I wish she would venture into a few of the nice PDM or Kilian offerings for women.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:20 am
My top picks from my wife's collection:
Creed Aqua Fiorentina
Givenchy Ange Ou Demon Le Secret
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
Van Cleef & Arpels Orchidee Vanille
Parfum De Marly Delina

Thanks to me she got into fragrances too. Maybe it's just me, but I find fragrances marketed towards women tend to cost more than those towards men. I dunno, it could be just my luck that she happens to like the pricey stuff.
Nice list! I forgot to put my Royal Princess Oud on the list for my wife, but I'm the only one who wears it. lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1749 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Alexandria Dubai Lifestyle, because I don't have the lifestyle to warrant a $800 bottle of perfume (Boadicea the Victorious Blue Saphire). lol
Nov 14, 2003
781 posts
523 upvotes
Montreal
iamtheliveking wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:57 am
SOTD: Bois D'Orage by Frederic Malle

Thought it's a perfect scent to go with current weather - Smell of Oakmoss, Vetiver and Wet woods after the rain.
Love this one. It's also known as French Lover. This reminds me that I haven't worn Musc Ravageur in a while. That's another one by Malle that I think is perfect for the fall weather.
Nov 24, 2013
114 posts
113 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
int wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:59 pm
Love this one. It's also known as French Lover. This reminds me that I haven't worn Musc Ravageur in a while. That's another one by Malle that I think is perfect for the fall weather.
Love Musc Ravageur for it's slight sweetness and tried TDH(edt) and actually liked it in this weather.
SOTD yesterday was "Portrait of a Lady" and it was off for some reason with a great projection and longevity but not for this weather, I got Gothic, Dark, ancient and medicinal vibe from it.
Oct 15, 2013
339 posts
368 upvotes
SOTD - Montale Honey Aoud.

Nice stuff, not very "oudy" despite the name and I see it is compared with PDM Oajan and I get that too, maybe with a less fruity note and slightly more honey. Very tasty and given this was less than $60 for 50ml from the fragbuy sale + coupon I'm quite happy to have a fairly solid comparison to that (and ambre narguile?) that seems to be a very strong performer too. Great fall scent.

edit: in the deep drydown, some oud and amber like notes come through.

For what I like to smell on women is more on the gourmand side for most of the year, but more clean or citrus in summer i.e. similar to what I life for myself but with a more feminine twist.

So, what I have picked up for my gf that I like the most (mainly blind buys on curiosity but with a rough idea of what they were):

Angel Muse (overall favorite)
CSP Vanille Extreme
Prada Candy Kiss (kind of like a more feminine Prada Amber)
Shalimar EDP
CK IN2U

I am wanting to get Chanel Eau Tendre to replace the IN2U it's a much nicer citrus blend. I like the EDT a lot but the EDP is out early 2019: https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Cha ... 52359.html so I'll porbly wait for that and see what it's like.
Last edited by charliegee on Nov 7th, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 15, 2013
339 posts
368 upvotes
I also got with the Honey Aoud, sprayed on paper:

Beyonce, Midight Heat - Freebie for the gf collection, though I'll be telling her to only wear it sparingly because it is an intense plum and flower note that projects like crazy. I had to move the paper across the room.

Antonio Banderas, Blue Seduction - Another freebie. Not bad, slightly melony aquatic. I can barely smell it on the paper though and I had to put 3 sprays on. Contrast to Honey Aoud that I put one spray on paper and it looks like I split melted butter all over it and is still a monster after 4 hours.

Etat Libre d'Orange, You Or Someone Like You - Got the 8ml from fragbuy for $9. The only way I can describe this is being downwind from a harvester going through a field of grass, dill and spearmint. It is slightly weird, but could be very nice for spring.