• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2018 8:19 am
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 8:34 am
I have a 30ml decant of Tom Ford Oud Wood on the way.

For some reason I LOVE this one. It gets mixed reviews, maybe performance isn't beastly but I could wear this everyday.
I like Oud Wood too. Very nice!
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ronnielarmond wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 7:55 pm
Am I allowed to spray 5-6 times on myself with sample bottles at stores? Or will they kick me out of there? (assuming I dont buy anything)
Generally that's not a problem at all. If you go to Saks, Niemans, Holt's, or Sephora, they'll generally make you a sample sprayer or 3 (Sephora's limit I believe) of what you want to try.
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 11:54 pm
Sephora won't care. Have a go.

I'm having a riotous time reading "The Little Book of Perfumes" by Luca Turin & Tania Sanchez, via ebook courtesy of the Toronto Public Library. They go through their thoughts on 100 classics. I expect not to agree with all their verdicts and tastes, but man, Luca Turin especially writes so colorfully.

On Insolence EdP by Guerlain "Godzilla floral":
Face With Tears Of Joy
Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
So I was in Niagara/Buffalo today and did some hunting at TJ Maxx & Marshalls. The only things of note for me were Mugler Pure Tonka for $40 US, Mugler Cologne (similar to Creed Original Vetiver if I remember correctly) for $40 US, and Bond #9 I ❤️NY for $50. The other stores generally just carried the usual designer fragrances.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1189 posts
331 upvotes
Brampton
ronnielarmond wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 7:55 pm
Am I allowed to spray 5-6 times on myself with sample bottles at stores? Or will they kick me out of there? (assuming I dont buy anything)
Nah they won't kick you out... but if you do that many sprays of either Code Profumo or Versace Eros they very well might!
Aug 22, 2009
754 posts
170 upvotes
speedy726 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 4:54 pm
Adding this to my to-sample list! Where did you purchase the decant from if you don't mind my asking?

Sotd/gym - Invictus Aqua
I will shoot you a PM.

It's from a scent split board on FB.
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got my decant bottle shipment from Aliexpress yesterday. I'm pretty happy with the bottles. They look pretty good and the sprayers work well.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1189 posts
331 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 9:59 am
SOTD - Tom Ford Black Orchid
I often hear this one being worn by guys. I sampled it the other week and wasn't digging it. I will re-visit it in the future, perhaps I will appreciate it more.
SOTD - VUI
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
17429 posts
5539 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD - TDH

I gotta start chipping away at my 2018 frag wish list....
deleted to keep the site family friendly. Was about copping sick fadez.
Well there's no sick fadez left to be copped now that the regimen cannot be admired in all its glory
RIP sick fadez.
Apr 19, 2011
50 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Testing Xerjoff Naxos - Very interesting unisex sweet tobacco. Powerful projection.
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 2:01 pm
I often hear this one being worn by guys. I sampled it the other week and wasn't digging it. I will re-visit it in the future, perhaps I will appreciate it more.
SOTD - VUI
To be honest I wasn't crazy about it when I smelled it on paper. I got it from Costco, then sampled it at Sephora and was kind of on the fence. Today is my first day wearing it and I like it more than I thought I would. I was under the impression that this stuff was beast mode, but to be honest I get better performance from other stuff like 18.21 Manmade, Oajan, or Herod with the same amount of sprays.
Jan 8, 2015
764 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomer777 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 4:23 pm
Testing Xerjoff Naxos - Very interesting unisex sweet tobacco. Powerful projection.
I have a few Xerjoff samples including Naxos, and I like all of them so far. Naxos is really nice. I wish I jumped on the last Niche Essence sale. Not too sure where else to buy other than Frgrancebuy and they only have one that I know I like for sure.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1189 posts
331 upvotes
Brampton
Can't get enough to velvet teddy these days.... fast becoming one of my dumb reaches this winter :)

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

kwk1