Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2038 posts
2359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 2:14 pm
SOTD - Creed Royal Windsor

My wife ordered it for me from TJ Maxx and we picked it up yesterday. I've smelled it before and thought it was pretty good, but not fantastic. In reviews, it seems that it can be a little polarizing, but to my surprised my wife really liked it!
Such a dumb mistake. It's Royal Mayfair, not Windsor
Nov 14, 2003
832 posts
633 upvotes
Montreal
SOTD PDM Herod

SOTD yesterday was PDM Percival
Nov 14, 2003
832 posts
633 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:54 am
Such a dumb mistake. It's Royal Mayfair, not Windsor
I was going to ask you how Windsor compares to Mayfair, lol.
It's a very interesting and unique fresh scent. It has a very classy gentleman air to it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2038 posts
2359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:52 pm
SOTD PDM Herod

How did you like Percival? I found it fairly Bleu de Chanel like. I like it, but I think that there's others that accomplish the same thing at a better price. Oddly I don't feel that way about Roja Elysium. Perhaps the clones are good though.

On a side note, I was reading some Facebook forum stuff and saw that it was noted that Dua has been allegedly putting in the original juice in the bottles it's shipping to reviewers. ie, for one of the Aventus clones, they put in real Aventus to the bottles that they sent to reviewers, but the regular folks were getting the clone and it wasn't very good stuff. I haven't heard anything like that about Alexandira or Parfums Vintage though.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2038 posts
2359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
int wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:57 pm
I was going to ask you how Windsor compares to Mayfair, lol.
It's a very interesting and unique fresh scent. It has a very classy gentleman air to it.
lol yeah that was big goof. I like it. I can see why people might say it smells medicinal. It's probably because the Eucalyptus can be fairly strong in the opening, but I agree it becomes a gentlemanly scent fairly quickly and the performance was pretty good too.
Mar 31, 2008
42 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
charliegee wrote:
Jan 6th, 2019 6:19 am
https://shop.perfumersapprentice.com/p- ... s-kit.aspx

I know that company when I was considering making my own ejuice when I was mad into vaping. Managed to quit though so never used them in the end. Afaik they are a reputable company with good stuff.
This is exactly what I had in mind, but is a bit pricy at $100 USD. Going to see if the scent strips idea is viable, thanks for the link!
Jul 16, 2007
91 posts
62 upvotes
montreal
int wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 12:52 pm
SOTD PDM Herod

I ordered Layton and Herod from fragbuy last week and just got the shipping confirmation. really looking forward to trying them out!
Oct 15, 2013
511 posts
771 upvotes
nas84 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:44 pm
I ordered Layton and Herod from fragbuy last week and just got the shipping confirmation. really looking forward to trying them out!
Nice! Very solid frags. I find Layton a bit weird at first, it has some sour apple notes that come at me for like 30 minutes then it settles into something quite unique. Could almost describe it as a winter freshie.
Herod is just great start to finish.

Good to hear some thoughts on Percival in the thread too, it doesn't seem to get talked about much

SOTD - TF Noir Extreme

Yesterday I tried Kajal Homme a bit from NE sample. I'll have to give it a proper wearing but it smelt like a stronger, better version of Chanel Allure Homme Sport. Kind of like that with a smooth oud-y undertone. Great first impression.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2038 posts
2359 upvotes
Toronto, ON
charliegee wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 3:23 pm
.....Could almost describe it as a winter freshie......
That's a very interesting take. I hadn't thought of it that way before. Nice.
Nov 14, 2003
832 posts
633 upvotes
Montreal
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 1:02 pm
How did you like Percival? I found it fairly Bleu de Chanel like. I like it, but I think that there's others that accomplish the same thing at a better price. Oddly I don't feel that way about Roja Elysium. Perhaps the clones are good though.
Yeah, it's a very familiar scent. I agree with references to Mont Blanc Legend and Platinum Egoiste. For me, Percival is a modern sweeter take on Platinum. I like it, it's a very pleasant freshie (I get lots of lavender and a soapy clean pine). As you would expect from Marly, the performance on this one is excellent - it basically lasted me the entire day.

On a side note, I was reading some Facebook forum stuff and saw that it was noted that Dua has been allegedly putting in the original juice in the bottles it's shipping to reviewers. ie, for one of the Aventus clones, they put in real Aventus to the bottles that they sent to reviewers, but the regular folks were getting the clone and it wasn't very good stuff. I haven't heard anything like that about Alexandira or Parfums Vintage though.
Yikes! That's terrible if true. I guess buying Alexandria's 5ml samples first would be one way to avoid getting swindled like that.
Nov 24, 2013
125 posts
144 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
SOTD: TF Tobacco Oud

SOTN: Dunhill Icon Absolute
Performance is not that great but smells good.
Last edited by iamtheliveking on Jan 7th, 2019 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20610 posts
9639 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
nas84 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 2:44 pm
Great choices.

Once you enter the world of niche though......rip your wallet lmao
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Jun 20, 2013
38 posts
18 upvotes
wolfie1010 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 1:35 pm
This is exactly what I had in mind, but is a bit pricy at $100 USD. Going to see if the scent strips idea is viable, thanks for the link!
Yes, very pricey with the additional "hazmat" shipping fees (from website: New rates are between $90.00/package and $142.00/package)
Too bad, I was somewhat interested.
Oct 28, 2006
94 posts
62 upvotes
Thornhill
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 1:20 am
I took a trip down to Saks earlier today. I was a little surprised that they had the Maison Christian Dior privee line there. I ended up getting a sample of Feve Delicieuse and Ambre Nuit. I also sprayed both of them on my skin. Both have performed well, but from that initial spray, I'd say that Ambre Nuit has performed better. I had heard such great things abut Feve Delicieuse, but I was left a little disappointed. I'll have to give it another try for sure.
I tried those Dior's too at Saks. Feve disappointed me as well, i thought id be blown away. Ambre nuit's pretty good. If you're ever back there, check out Balade Sauvage. Its a nice fresh type scent, i wanna retest it next time i go.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

CashJinx, int