Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 4:06 pm
Oct 28, 2006
139 posts
161 upvotes
Thornhill
Sotn Geo F trumper Sandalwood + Kilian Black Phantom. Both are underwhelming for me, just sampling them
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2593 posts
1449 upvotes
Toronto
davedarave10 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:54 pm
I tried those Dior's too at Saks. Feve disappointed me as well, i thought id be blown away. Ambre nuit's pretty good. If you're ever back there, check out Balade Sauvage. Its a nice fresh type scent, i wanna retest it next time i go.
+1 for Balade Sauvage.

Ambre Nuit's very nice as well. A couple of others I liked were Oud Ispahan and Grand Bal (sadly can't remember the others ATM). As nice as all these scents were, I found there was no longevity or sillage except for Oud Ispahan. Confused Face
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto, ON
davedarave10 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 8:54 pm
I tried those Dior's too at Saks. Feve disappointed me as well, i thought id be blown away. Ambre nuit's pretty good. If you're ever back there, check out Balade Sauvage. Its a nice fresh type scent, i wanna retest it next time i go.
I kept seeing all the reviews about how great it was and when I tried it, I realized that I liked the Van Cleef Bois Dore better.

Balade Sauvage looks interesting. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cluless wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:54 pm
+1 for Balade Sauvage.

Ambre Nuit's very nice as well. A couple of others I liked were Oud Ispahan and Grand Bal (sadly can't remember the others ATM). As nice as all these scents were, I found there was no longevity or sillage except for Oud Ispahan. Confused Face
Oud Ispahan definitely projects. I'm surprised that Ambre Nuit didn't last for you. I could still smell it on my hand the next morning.
Oct 28, 2006
139 posts
161 upvotes
Thornhill
cluless wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 9:54 pm
+1 for Balade Sauvage.

Agreed, balade didnt last too long on me unfortunately. that first hour is reallllly nice, however
Oct 28, 2006
139 posts
161 upvotes
Thornhill
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 10:07 pm
I kept seeing all the reviews about how great it was and when I tried it, I realized that I liked the Van Cleef Bois Dore better.

Balade Sauvage looks interesting. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
anytime
Oct 15, 2013
721 posts
1229 upvotes
Walked through the bay today to go get a new phone ad sprayed some AdG Profumo on skin. I liked this on paper last time I tried but on skin not a fan. It's a fishy aquatic on me, I've scrubbed it off since.

Also picked up haul of Bleeker tester and 30ml The One from fragbuy and bottle of Sunshine Man (nice new box style for that) plus 8ml each "pocket perfume" of Penhaligons Elixir and L'Artisan Dzing and Premier Figuier from MaxAroma (not customs charge again).

Bleeker is a good one if a bit synthetic smelling on the open. I like some of the herbal notes in this, it will be nice one for the spring along with Washington Square.
Also tried The One. I know this is not supposed to last long, but man what a nice opening. Really good.

So those are both SOTD.

I haven't tried the 3 pocket perfumes yet but looking forward to those. Good price/format to try out 3 by Olivia Giacobetti who did Tea for Two which I really like and Philosykos which I have tried in store before and really liked too.
Jul 16, 2007
113 posts
97 upvotes
montreal
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2019 4:33 pm
Great choices.

Once you enter the world of niche though......rip your wallet lmao
i actually did the math a few days back. between me and the misses since my bf purchases on black friday we have spent approx 3k on fragrances lol...i think as i get into the niche world im going to get into the decant world as well!
Jul 16, 2007
113 posts
97 upvotes
montreal
charliegee wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 2:45 pm
Walked through the bay today to go get a new phone ad sprayed some AdG Profumo on skin. I liked this on paper last time I tried but on skin not a fan. It's a fishy aquatic on me, I've scrubbed it off since.
I thought I was the only one who didnt vibe with profumo given how much love it gets in the community. to my nose its almost as if they just took the juice of ADG and bombed a bunch on insence into it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
My SOTD was Tobacco Oud

I’m finally getting around to testing Kilian Princess and Kissing (from the lower priced line including Aduts and Boys).

Princess I could maybe pull off. Marshmallow/vanilla/green tea. Somewhat low key. Nice fragrance.

Kissing on the other hand. If I wore that out I’d probably get a few ‘madam, may I have this dance’ lol. Beast mode feminine fragrance. Actually gave me a bit of a headache. Maybe my gf can adopt this one lol.
Last edited by nasa25 on Jan 8th, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nas84 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:31 pm
I thought I was the only one who didnt vibe with profumo given how much love it gets in the community. to my nose its almost as if they just took the juice of ADG and bombed a bunch on insence into it.
Count me in on that. I've never quite been able to get into it.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 11:00 pm
My SOTD was Tobacco Oud

I’m finally getting around to testing Kilian Pricess and Kissing (from the lower priced line including Aduts and Boys).

Princess I could maybe pull off. Marshmallow/vanilla/green tea. Somewhat low key. Nice fragrance.

Kissing on the other hand. If I wore that out I’d probably get a few ‘madam, may I have this dance’ lol. Beast mode feminine fragrance. Actually gave me a bit of a headache. Maybe my gf can adopt this one lol.
I got to try princess and it was okay. You're right about kissing in my opinion.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
2346 posts
2950 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Byredo Black Saffron.

I know this gets compared to TF TL (Ombre Leather by extension) and Oud Saphir, but I feel like this is actually a little lighter and fruitier than the other two. Because of this, it may be nicer to wear in the cooler part of spring and the earlier parts of fall just because it's a little lighter in the leather department than the other two. That's not so say that longevity or sillage isn't good. It's actually been quite good on both counts so far for me. It's not beast mode, but I still get wafts of it when I move my arms, or move in general. Because I have Ombre Leather and Oud Saphir, I don't think I'll buy a bottle, but I'm really happy I got the 3 x 12ml travel spray pack that included it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 11:39 am
SOTD - Byredo Black Saffron.

I know this gets compared to TF TL (Ombre Leather by extension) and Oud Saphir, but I feel like this is actually a little lighter and fruitier than the other two. Because of this, it may be nicer to wear in the cooler part of spring and the earlier parts of fall just because it's a little lighter in the leather department than the other two. That's not so say that longevity or sillage isn't good. It's actually been quite good on both counts so far for me. It's not beast mode, but I still get wafts of it when I move my arms, or move in general. Because I have Ombre Leather and Oud Saphir, I don't think I'll buy a bottle, but I'm really happy I got the 3 x 12ml travel spray pack that included it.
Good call on the black saffron. I need to wear mine more.

SOTD - Memo African Leather
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao