• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2018 11:29 am
Nov 7, 2007
770 posts
538 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 1:32 pm
SOTD - Xerjoff Lira. This is one of the nicest powdery sweet Vanillas I've encountered so far. Definitely a gourmand fragrance. I got a sample of it from Niche Essence yesterday with my purchase. It's marketed more towards women, but the salesperson told me that more men seem to be buying it.
Lira sounds nice, I like powdery scents.
Are all Xerjoff fragrances gourmand in style?
just curious as I haven't read up on them.
I received Bulgari Pour Homme and JPG Le Male eau Fraiche Superman today.
Wearing the Bulgari and it is a darker scent, but very nice nonetheless.
I find it more masculine and less powdery than Prada L'Homme, but equally pleasant to smell.
Just sprayed a shot of Le Male eau Fraiche on some paper and it is nice, more casual and sweet.
Less sweet, more fresh, than regular Le Male maybe because of some citrus in there?
Will be nice for spring/summer.
Contest Wins 2018:
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 7:20 pm
Lira sounds nice, I like powdery scents.
Are all Xerjoff fragrances gourmand in style?
just curious as I haven't read up on them.
I received Bulgari Pour Homme and JPG Le Male eau Fraiche Superman today.
Wearing the Bulgari and it is a darker scent, but very nice nonetheless.
I find it more masculine and less powdery than Prada L'Homme, but equally pleasant to smell.
Just sprayed a shot of Le Male eau Fraiche on some paper and it is nice, more casual and sweet.
Less sweet, more fresh, than regular Le Male maybe because of some citrus in there?
Will be nice for spring/summer.
I think you'd probably like Lira then. I would say that Xerjoff isn't really known for Gourmands, but that being said, Lira, Dama Bianca, and Cruz del Sur II could be taken that way. Dama Bianca is another vanilla scent, but has some iris and citrus to it. Cruz Del Sur II is a nice blast of sweet Mango with vanilla later on. They really have a nice varied lineup, and make some great fougeres. They are pricey, which is why I went with a 30 ml baby bottle. I would love to add some others to my collection, either as bottles or decants/splits, but I find it difficult to find decants.

Sounds like you got a few freshies for the spring/summer that will be great!
Apr 19, 2011
50 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
SOTD - Mancera Cedrat Boise...Creed Aventus little cousin.
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomer777 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 9:46 am
SOTD - Mancera Cedrat Boise...Creed Aventus little cousin.
That looks interesting! Curious to know how you find performance.
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Sampling Xerjoff Oesel. Feeling fougerey today.
Apr 19, 2011
50 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 11:58 am
That looks interesting! Curious to know how you find performance.
To be honest, I cant smell so good so I tend to overspray. That being said, I would rate performance at 4-6 hours before it enters skin scent territory on me.
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
boomer777 wrote:
Jan 30th, 2018 2:42 pm
To be honest, I cant smell so good so I tend to overspray. That being said, I would rate performance at 4-6 hours before it enters skin scent territory on me.
I think that 4-6 hours before becoming a skin scent is decent, especially if it's a fresher scent.
Apr 19, 2011
50 posts
31 upvotes
NORTH YORK
SOTD - Amouage Journey Man. Because I want to feel like the Boss today!
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD -Sampling Xerjoff Casamorati Dolce Amalfi. Fruity incense that isn't cloyingly sweet. It's nice and different than anything I have, but I'm generally not a fan of incense.
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 11:53 am
SOTD -Sampling Xerjoff Casamorati Dolce Amalfi. Fruity incense that isn't cloyingly sweet. It's nice and different than anything I have, but I'm generally not a fan of incense.
Less incensey now, kind of spicy and woody, with a hint of that vanilla coming through. I like this better than I thought I would, but I doubt I'll be picking up a whole bottle.
Nov 7, 2007
770 posts
538 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 3:34 pm
Less incensey now, kind of spicy and woody, with a hint of that vanilla coming through. I like this better than I thought I would, but I doubt I'll be picking up a whole bottle.
Sounds alright, except for the incense. I really dislike the smell of incense.
SOTD- Lacoste Pour Homme, just got it today and I think I like it.
Also received the Mugler Cologne, and Armaf Club De Nuit Intense.
The Armaf is somewhat similar to Aventus, but I still think I will pick up a bottle of Aventus.
I didn't like TF Neroli Portofino which I think I remember some saying Mugler Cologne is sort of like.
The Mugler Cologne is less in your face, and I think I will wear it.
Still waiting on the 3 Parfum De Marly samples, and also the 50ml split of Millesime Imperial to arrive.

Has anyone heard of Parfumerie Du Soleil D'or?
http://www.parfumeriedusoleildor.net/en/
According to other fragrance forums, they have the least expensive Creed Aventus.
It is 200 Euros shipped to Canada for 100ml.
Works out to about $307 Canadian.
Could always get a split of 100ml for about $180 Canadian, but I think I'd like to get the real one to have an Aventus bottle in the collection.
Contest Wins 2018:
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Jan 31st, 2018 6:54 pm
Sounds alright, except for the incense. I really dislike the smell of incense.
SOTD- Lacoste Pour Homme, just got it today and I think I like it.
Also received the Mugler Cologne, and Armaf Club De Nuit Intense.
The Armaf is somewhat similar to Aventus, but I still think I will pick up a bottle of Aventus.
I didn't like TF Neroli Portofino which I think I remember some saying Mugler Cologne is sort of like.
The Mugler Cologne is less in your face, and I think I will wear it.
Still waiting on the 3 Parfum De Marly samples, and also the 50ml split of Millesime Imperial to arrive.

Has anyone heard of Parfumerie Du Soleil D'or?
http://www.parfumeriedusoleildor.net/en/
According to other fragrance forums, they have the least expensive Creed Aventus.
It is 200 Euros shipped to Canada for 100ml.
Works out to about $307 Canadian.
Could always get a split of 100ml for about $180 Canadian, but I think I'd like to get the real one to have an Aventus bottle in the collection.
Yeah, incense isn't really my thing, but as long as it's subtle I don't have any issues with it. I'll try that cologne a couple more times to give it a good go, but right now I'm pretty sure a bottle isn't in my future.

I think that the Mugler cologne is more similar to Creed Original Vetiver than Neroli Portifino. I'm kind of surprised they get compared to each other.

I haven't heard of Parfumerie Du Soleil D'or, but checked out the website. Seems interesting.
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Amouage Beach Hut. So far I really like this scent. Green and clean
Nov 7, 2007
770 posts
538 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Amouage, that’s high end stuff. Will have to check out their line. One thing I can say about the Mugler cologne is that it’s not very strong in how long it lasts. But that’s okay, it’s nice to have variety.
Contest Wins 2018:
Jan 8, 2015
909 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 10:13 pm
Amouage, that’s high end stuff. Will have to check out their line. One thing I can say about the Mugler cologne is that it’s not very strong in how long it lasts. But that’s okay, it’s nice to have variety.
Yeah it's pretty expensive, that's why I'm using a sample I got. lol It's nice, but not $403 nice. I've noticed that some of the samples at that store are undervalued (which is nice for us). For instance, the beach hut sample is $11 for 3ml and a full bottle is $403 for 100ml. So the samples are going for $3.67/ml and the full bottle at $4.03/ml. There's a few fragrances like that on their site. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy 34 samples of it, but it's more economical to pickup the samples and if you fall out of love with it, you don't have 75ml left to try and get rid of.

How long did the Mugler last on you? Sometimes it's a question of body chemistry. For instance Terre D'Hermes does not last long at all on me, but performs well on others. Also keeping in mind it's EDT, and not EDP. BTW, Longevity on Beach Hut was fantastic for me. It was still a skin scent 16 hrs later!