Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2018 11:07 am
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Xerjoff 1861 Renaissance. Man I love this stuff! Hopefully it has good longevity for me. If so and if I can get this for a discount, I'm getting a bottle. I'd love to make this my man summer scent
Nov 7, 2007
889 posts
714 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 10:33 am
Yeah it's pretty expensive, that's why I'm using a sample I got. lol It's nice, but not $403 nice. I've noticed that some of the samples at that store are undervalued (which is nice for us). For instance, the beach hut sample is $11 for 3ml and a full bottle is $403 for 100ml. So the samples are going for $3.67/ml and the full bottle at $4.03/ml. There's a few fragrances like that on their site. Doesn't mean I'm going to buy 34 samples of it, but it's more economical to pickup the samples and if you fall out of love with it, you don't have 75ml left to try and get rid of.

How long did the Mugler last on you? Sometimes it's a question of body chemistry. For instance Terre D'Hermes does not last long at all on me, but performs well on others. Also keeping in mind it's EDT, and not EDP. BTW, Longevity on Beach Hut was fantastic for me. It was still a skin scent 16 hrs later!
Wow, that's strange that samples are less than a bottle.
Mugler about 2 hours then on the skin about 6 or 7.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2018 12:26 pm
Wow, that's strange that samples are less than a bottle.
Mugler about 2 hours then on the skin about 6 or 7.
That's not too bad then. A little light on the projection, but then longevity is decent
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Tom Ford Vanille Fatale
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Feb 4th, 2018 11:52 am
thoughts?
Pretty nice, and fairly linear. The first 15 min aren't as pleasant, but it settle down nicely. Very good performance for me. There are nicer vanilla's available on the market. It won't be something I try to get a bottle of, but it was nice to try.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Has anybody here used Max Aroma before? They have some good prices on PDM stuff.
Nov 7, 2007
889 posts
714 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote:
Feb 5th, 2018 3:58 pm
Has anybody here used Max Aroma before? They have some good prices on PDM stuff.
Have not tried them, seems some prices aren't far off of Fragrancebuy.ca depending of which PDM product.
Their shipping is $20, which is more than Fragrancebuy.ca or FragranceX.
I received my PDM samples of Layton, Herod, and Pegasus today.
I'll start trying them out tomorrow.
Nov 7, 2007
889 posts
714 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
SOTD- Club De Nuit Intense by Armaf.
I have to say, while only using Aventus twice (sample), this stuff is quite similar in nature.
I may think twice about getting a bottle of Aventus.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 12:55 am
Have not tried them, seems some prices aren't far off of Fragrancebuy.ca depending of which PDM product.
Their shipping is $20, which is more than Fragrancebuy.ca or FragranceX.
I received my PDM samples of Layton, Herod, and Pegasus today.
I'll start trying them out tomorrow.
I'm interested in Godolphin, which is about $54 cheaper than Fragrancebuy before they charge shipping and tax. I believe it's free shipping from MA if I ship it to my US mailbox (going to Buffalo next month). They also have a good deal on a Xerjoff I like too. Decisions!

Hope you like Layton, Herod & Pegasus! All really nice..
Nov 7, 2007
889 posts
714 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
CashJinx wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 1:19 am
I'm interested in Godolphin, which is about $54 cheaper than Fragrancebuy before they charge shipping and tax. I believe it's free shipping from MA if I ship it to my US mailbox (going to Buffalo next month). They also have a good deal on a Xerjoff I like too. Decisions!

Hope you like Layton, Herod & Pegasus! All really nice..
Well, $54 is a nice savings, and if you can avoid the shipping, then it seems like a great deal.
I have too far to drive to the border for a US pick-up.
With coupon, looks like $178 CA at Max Aroma, best deal.
At Fragrancenet, it's $189 CA.
Good luck with Godolphin and Xerjoff!
Thanks on the PDM!
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1606 posts
1586 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2018 2:46 am
Well, $54 is a nice savings, and if you can avoid the shipping, then it seems like a great deal.
I have too far to drive to the border for a US pick-up.
With coupon, looks like $178 CA at Max Aroma, best deal.
At Fragrancenet, it's $189 CA.
Good luck with Godolphin and Xerjoff!
Thanks on the PDM!
If I wasn't already going to the US I wouldn't really consider it; and you're right, without the free shipping it wouldn't be much of a deal either.
Nov 7, 2007
889 posts
714 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Got my PDM samples and am trying out Layton today.
I think I like it.
it's spicy, but has a touch of sweet to it.
It has to be one of the top fragrances I have in bottle or sample in regards to projection.
Will see how long it lasts.
Going to try Pegasus or Herod tomorrow.