Fashion & Beauty

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2020 1:38 am
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2006
1479 posts
410 upvotes
Easto wrote: Wearing TF tobacco oud today. Wow, what a beastly bomb.

Very polarizing, but I like it.

Heavy hitter
I love TF Tobacco Oud intense. Unfortunately my wife has put the kibosh on me ever wearing it in her presence.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2815 posts
15981 upvotes
Marubozu wrote: I love TF Tobacco Oud intense. Unfortunately my wife has put the kibosh on me ever wearing it in her presence.
Can’t win’em all :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1148 posts
356 upvotes
where does one get br540?
markopas wrote: Bacarat Rouge 540

I have a large collection of Alexandria Fragrances inspirations and originals but also have a large collection of originals as I need to keep my wallet in check unlike some people I know, wont name any names.

Hard to say about AF regarding the collection it just depends on what you are looking for - all of of their inspirations I find are in the 90th percentile to match the original fragrance.
FONUS = SCAM
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1422 posts
1117 upvotes
techjedi wrote: where does one get br540?
1. You can buy it any retail store that carries MFK fragrances.

2. You can join a Facebook group and buy a bottle there if someone is selling one (they come up periodically)

3. You can join a Facebook group and buy a decant from someone there. If you ask, someone will likely sell you one.

4. You can buy a clone. I have a clone oil and a decant of BR540 EDP. They smell almost identical. I’ve heard BR540 is made up entirely of synthetics so it’s an easier frag to clone.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2815 posts
15981 upvotes
Easto wrote: 1. You can buy it any retail store that carries MFK fragrances.

2. You can join a Facebook group and buy a bottle there if someone is selling one (they come up periodically)

3. You can join a Facebook group and buy a decant from someone there. If you ask, someone will likely sell you one.

4. You can buy a clone. I have a clone oil and a decant of BR540 EDP. They smell almost identical. I’ve heard BR540 is made up entirely of synthetics so it’s an easier frag to clone.
Saks is the only store I know that carries it and for the clone AF makes a really good one - we have both versions. Really prefer the Extrait version personally.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1148 posts
356 upvotes
thanks.
can you link that oil?
Easto wrote: 1. You can buy it any retail store that carries MFK fragrances.

FONUS = SCAM
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2009
1422 posts
1117 upvotes
techjedi wrote: thanks.
can you link that oil?
Oil perfumery.

Google search it.

If you want a spray check out Zoha Aroma, they have a BR540 clone that is pretty close to spot on from what’s I’ve read. And it’s Canadian.
Apr 22, 2014
2 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For anyone in this thread, they probably already know, but in the off chance someone comes across this and they do not...

For Canadian purchasers I highly recommend fragrancebuy.ca, perfumeonline.ca and fragrancex.com.
Have ordered from all three recently, fast shipping, good selection, some hard to find gems, authentic fragrances at a fraction of retail.

FragranceX is located in the US (Hauppauge, New York) but they offer free Canadian shipping with no minimum with code FSW.

Here is a link to $5 off from FragranceBuy.
http://share.fragbuy.ca/k4tWCXWH?smile_ ... A1ODE4NjV9
I think it may be for first time purchases, I got it when I signed up.

And $5 off from PerfumeOnline.
http://i.refs.cc/4rP4gNoO?smile_ref=eyJ ... A1ODU3OTF9

Cheers.
Last edited by headspace on Feb 25th, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 31, 2008
791 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone come across acqua di gio essenza in the gta ( Sephora /sdm etc). I had seen it in stock at one sdm a while ago, but mot anymore.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2815 posts
15981 upvotes
submalst wrote: Anyone come across acqua di gio essenza in the gta ( Sephora /sdm etc). I had seen it in stock at one sdm a while ago, but mot anymore.

You missed out, Costco had these in store this year as part of their fragrance selection - if you were lucky enough buy them before the price drop you could've gotten for a steal of a price once they were dropped to clearance prices.
May 31, 2008
791 posts
375 upvotes
Toronto
markopas wrote:

You missed out, Costco had these in store this year as part of their fragrance selection - if you were lucky enough buy them before the price drop you could've gotten for a steal of a price once they were dropped to clearance prices.
I did check my local costco when they were selling frags etc but i did not see
a bottle of essenza. Thanks though
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
2815 posts
15981 upvotes
submalst wrote: I did check my local costco when they were selling frags etc but i did not see
Weird.. I frequent Thorncliffe, Etobicoke and Scarborough (not so much anymore) and they all had stock and lots of especially near the end where people just weren't buying them anymore.

Fragrancebuy.ca will be your bet moving forward, just wait for their deals to come through when they have their specials, there might be one coming up for Family day but hard to say until it happens.
Oct 6, 2010
118 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
submalst wrote: I did check my local costco when they were selling frags etc but i did not see
markopas may have been referring to Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza, which were among the last bottles to be cleared from Costco.
Nov 2, 2016
37 posts
20 upvotes
Probably a long shot but does anyone have KIlian - Sacred Wood they want to sell a decant of?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13124 posts
7429 upvotes
Toronto
Not to be that guy, but anyone have a free ship or discount code they wish to PM me for fragbuy? I can easily justify spending $400+ but the taxes suck... :(
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯