• Nov 21st, 2017 12:04 pm
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

vs

Mac Velvet Teddy

How similar would you say they are?

seems really split opinions on this and I don't think I'd spend the $$$ for a full bottle of tom ford.
Jan 8, 2015
313 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:22 pm
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

vs

Mac Velvet Teddy

seems really split opinions on this and I don't think I'd spend the $$$ for a full bottle of tom ford.
I think that it's pretty darn close. Closer than Zara RWA imo. I'd say that there's a little more honey sweetness with MAC and maybe a little less Vanilla. If your only other option is to pay retail or 210 at fragrancebuy for 50 ml of TF TV, then this will do quite nicely imho.
Longevity was excellent on me. Couldn't really say on projection though.

My plan is to wait a bit and see if Zee gets more stock to do a 50ml decant. If he does I'll get TV from him, if not I'll buy the MAC one for now. I read there's also a 20% off thing happening for MAC. if that turns out to be true I'll buy one regardless.

As a side note, both are owned by the same parent company, Estee Lauder. Could they have shared the formulation and tweaked it a bit?
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2005
2458 posts
1152 upvotes
Toronto
Easto wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 4:22 pm
Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

vs

Mac Velvet Teddy

They are very similar but MAC's Velvet Teddy is not a clone. IMO, the VT is more of a honeyed tobacco.

I will say that the longevity and sillage of VT is excellent, sadly can't say the same about Tom Ford scents. Confused Face
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
my SOTD....another one from the house of By Kilian

Back to Black
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
What's everyones favorite wintertime notes?

For me it's pretty standard....leather, tobacco, cherry, vanilla, light cinnamon.

Tobacco + Cherry = Love
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Oct 6, 2010
95 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
SOTD: Prada Amber Pour Homme... I've had to stop by a hospital these past couple of days so I've been reaching for something that can pass for "scent free."

SOTN: Zara RWA

Winter notes: Leather, tobacco, cinnamon, amber, vetiver
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4859 posts
734 upvotes
Winter notes: woods, leathers, cinnamon/clove. Herby notes like vetiver as well. Not necessarily all together.

And occasional burst of orange because I need that pick-me-up. ;)
Jan 1, 2009
13 posts
Mississauga
Where do you guys get your Tom Ford/Killian splits/decants? I've checked out a few subreddits and seen SmellyFinger's page, but no one seems to have these.
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
misiek wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:27 pm
Where do you guys get your Tom Ford/Killian splits/decants? I've checked out a few subreddits and seen SmellyFinger's page, but no one seems to have these.
TF and Creed splits are pretty common.

Go to the basenotes forum.

Killian is tougher to find.
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
Another blind buy:

Nabeel - Arab Tradition

Apparently it's the closest to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. Cost me about $40 to my door for 100ml.

It's been discontinued and gets awesome reviews. Had to pull the trigger. Just did a test spray on my hand 5 mins ago. It's a decent scent, will be interesting to see how this performs tomorrow when I can give it good test.
Feb 9, 2013
938 posts
488 upvotes
Ottawa
SOTD Bleu de Chanel. I love it during the fall.
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:52 am

Tobacco + Cherry = Love
PDM - Herod

You'll love it
Jan 8, 2015
313 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Pretty much the same for me. Extra emphasis on the Tobacco. Honey gets my vote too for a winter scent. Coffee and booze too lol.
Last edited by CashJinx on Nov 10th, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
misiek wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 4:27 pm
https://www.reddit.com/r/FragDecants/co ... h=e65b48b0

Best price on Kilians by a country mile

Great price on TFs as well
Firebolt wrote: