• Dec 17th, 2018 2:07 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
int wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 12:56 pm
Thanks! Your experiences with CAHSEE convinced me to order a 5ml decant/sample - can't wait to try it out.

SOTD: John Varvatos Vintage
haha hope you enjoy it! I think my next Chanel will be Bleu EDT. I recently tested it and really enjoyed the grapefruit incense combo. I dont know why I've overlooked this one.

SOTD - Tres Nuit
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 9:53 am
SOTD - PDM Layton
I need to try this one... everytime i've gone into Nordstroms to test it, the bottle was empty lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 1:31 pm
haha hope you enjoy it! I think my next Chanel will be Bleu EDT. I recently tested it and really enjoyed the grapefruit incense combo. I dont know why I've overlooked this one.

SOTD - Tres Nuit
I would like to get my nose on Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Just curious, on why you want the EDT over the EDP. Is there much difference? I've only smelled the EDP.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
CashJinx wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:11 pm
I would like to get my nose on Chanel Allure Homme Edition Blanche. Just curious, on why you want the EDT over the EDP. Is there much difference? I've only smelled the EDP.
Lol, that was how it was for me when I was trying to smell Habdan.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
CashJinx wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 5:11 pm
I did a side by side in-store and the SA recommended the EDT as it projected more and was "brighter" than the EDP on my skin. I asked her a half hour later and she still agreed the EDT was better on me.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
foolek94 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 7:52 pm
What means SOTD?
Hi foolek94. SOTD = Scent Of The Day. Sometimes we just like to say what we're wearing on a particular day.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2018 7:04 pm
I did a side by side in-store and the SA recommended the EDT as it projected more and was "brighter" than the EDP on my skin. I asked her a half hour later and she still agreed the EDT was better on me.
Good to know, thank you.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kwk1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 12:27 am
Dua Fragrances has 25% off for 2 days, I guess Tuesday and Wednesday.
Use Code DUA25 for 25% OFF
*Excludes clearance & non-fragrance items.*
https://www.dua-fragrances.com/?utm_sou ... 86043552d6

SOTD- Bvlgari Pour Homme
There's a few I'd like to try, but even at 25% off, these are a little pricey. I did buy a couple of Alexandria fragrances that I was happy with, but I found a coupon code for 30% off, which made it much better. I'm not sure how much (if any) difference there is between the two in terms of quality, but Alexandria sells 30ml for $40 and 60ml for $60 as their regular price. So even with the 25% off at Dua, you're still paying $5 more than Alexandria. That doesn't matter if they don't have the same fragrance, but for ones that they do have in common, I'd go with Alexandria unless somebody did a comparison and said Dua was the better one.

I'd really like to see a reviewer do a side by side by side comparison. For example, Dua Pomme Trempée vs Alexandria Wasted Moment vs By Killian Apple Brandy.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Xerjoff Casamoratti 1888.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
Anyone tried Dunhill Racing, or know if Armaf Hunter Intense is similar to it? I've tried neither but the hype train for Racing is generating quite some steam in fragcomm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2015
1905 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedy726 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:15 am
Anyone tried Dunhill Racing, or know if Armaf Hunter Intense is similar to it? I've tried neither but the hype train for Racing is generating quite some steam in fragcomm
Haven't tried, but was wondering the same.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20365 posts
9188 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I got that dua 25% off email a few days ago. Seems like they have that sale every week lol

Been meaning to try black widow but at about $52 USD (including $10 shipping and the discount) I'm just not sure.

I sent them an email asking for samples....told them even with the discount plus shipping to Canada that it was a tad pricey for something I've never tried.

in reality I'm a cheapskate and just want a bigger discount than 25% lol
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2007
1208 posts
362 upvotes
Brampton
For those who are interested, the loreal private sale starts today from March 14 to April 8. They have some designer fragrances from Giorgio Armani, Diesel, YSL, Ralph Lauren, and Victor & Rolf.
Here's the RFD thread (they have some pics): loreal-loreal-warehouse-sale-toronto-ma ... #p29062339
I have a 2 free invites to pass out, PM me if interested... once you receive the invite, I think you get 6 invites to pass out so pay it forward :)
Thinking of grabbing a 50ml of Armani Code Ultimate which is my preferred flanker of the Code line....

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

CashJinx, Gtsourapis, int