Beauty & Wellness

Fragheads Unite! Fragrance thread for all things Perfume

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 10:09 am
Jan 8, 2015
306 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Debating whether it's worth it to go to the Estee Lauder sale next week. I got a ticket, but only really hoping to get fragrances if they even have any. It would be awesome if they have some TF stuff there although I know it's not likely.
Aug 22, 2009
653 posts
64 upvotes
Easto wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 5:42 pm
Another blind buy:

Nabeel - Arab Tradition

Apparently it's the closest to Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. Cost me about $40 to my door for 100ml.

It's been discontinued and gets awesome reviews. Had to pull the trigger. Just did a test spray on my hand 5 mins ago. It's a decent scent, will be interesting to see how this performs tomorrow when I can give it good test.

Disclaimer: I have never tried Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. I don't have a store around here that carries it, so I can't make an accurate comparison to TF TL. However if you check around some of the fragrance forums this one is often compared to Tuscan Leather.

I did a test spray on my hand last night and found this quite interesting. It had a strong leather smell and the performance seemed good.

This morning I did 2 sprays on my chest and this stuff is really really good. Leather + Raspberry.

Last night I was a bit concerned that this was too strong and leather heavy making it tough to wear. I figured it was a winter outdoor fragrance or something to wear when not in a close space. Today I am getting that leather with some sweet raspberry notes making this a lot less aggressive than I found upon my initial hand spray last night. I get this constant leather smell, then whiffs of raspberry. So far this stuff is 10/10 taking into account the scent and the price tag.

$25 CDN + $20 shipping well worth the blind buy.

THIS FRAGRANCE IS DISCONTINUED so if you think you may want to try it, get it before it's gone.
Oct 6, 2010
93 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Easto wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 8:47 am
Disclaimer: I have never tried Tom Ford Tuscan Leather. I don't have a store around here that carries it, so I can't make an accurate comparison to TF TL. However if you check around some of the fragrance forums this one is often compared to Tuscan Leather.

I did a test spray on my hand last night and found this quite interesting. It had a strong leather smell and the performance seemed good.

This morning I did 2 sprays on my chest and this stuff is really really good. Leather + Raspberry.

Last night I was a bit concerned that this was too strong and leather heavy making it tough to wear. I figured it was a winter outdoor fragrance or something to wear when not in a close space. Today I am getting that leather with some sweet raspberry notes making this a lot less aggressive than I found upon my initial hand spray last night. I get this constant leather smell, then whiffs of raspberry. So far this stuff is 10/10 taking into account the scent and the price tag.

$25 CDN + $20 shipping well worth the blind buy.

THIS FRAGRANCE IS DISCONTINUED so if you think you may want to try it, get it before it's gone.
I'm wearing Arab Tradition today. It's the only fragrance I have a backup bottle of thus far. (Luckily, I guess, if it's been discontinued.) And yes, it's strong (no more than two sprays for me) but I find it doesn't quite last all day on my skin. I often supplement it with the Macho Man roll on later in the day.
Jan 8, 2015
306 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SOTD - Maison Margiela Replica by the Fireplace. Feeling cozy and warm.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
My SOTD would be Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille if I had any lol

Since I don't, its Dylan Blue from the house of Versace. Pretty much the opposite of what you'd wear on a -8 degree day but I'm longing for warmer times....
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4830 posts
710 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:44 am
Debating whether it's worth it to go to the Estee Lauder sale next week. I got a ticket, but only really hoping to get fragrances if they even have any. It would be awesome if they have some TF stuff there although I know it's not likely.
How does one get a ticket to these EL events?
Jan 8, 2015
306 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
peanutz wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:31 pm
How does one get a ticket to these EL events?
Not sure. Somebody sent a few to my sister and she is going to give me a couple.
Nov 26, 2016
60 posts
3 upvotes
I have tried versace dylan blue, no compliments with it, despite people saying they get lots of compliments. I like the scent but it isnt like omg wow. Anyone try try prada luna rossa? the original? Im looking for a work fragrance
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
ronnielarmond wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 7:14 pm
I have tried versace dylan blue, no compliments with it, despite people saying they get lots of compliments. I like the scent but it isnt like omg wow. Anyone try try prada luna rossa? the original? Im looking for a work fragrance
VDB reminds me of polo sport from the 90s lol. I used to love that scent back then.

Tbh I don’t get compliments on any fragrances I wear. But I’m rarely in situations that would lend themselves to compliments. Doesn’t really bother me at all.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Aug 22, 2009
653 posts
64 upvotes
Compliment factor is such an odd way to judge a fragrence. It totally depends on the crowd you're around.

Where I work it's very unlikely anyone would compliment a frag even if it was made from unicorn tears and sunshine. It's just not a group of people that would do that.
Jan 8, 2015
306 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:41 am
Compliment factor is such an odd way to judge a fragrence. It totally depends on the crowd you're around.

Where I work it's very unlikely anyone would compliment a frag even if it was made from unicorn tears and sunshine. It's just not a group of people that would do that.
Agreed and same for me, although I do get the odd compliment while getting lunch or out of the office for work.
Oct 28, 2006
52 posts
3 upvotes
Thornhill
Im selling my 100ml bottle of Thierry Mugler - Ultra Zest that ive only sprayed a few times. If interested, just send me a pm
Aug 22, 2009
653 posts
64 upvotes
Alexandria Fragrence, any experience?

Sounds like it's a guy that used to be with DUA that started this. Does a lot of clone scents.