Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
SOTD - XJ 1861 Renaissance from the house of Xerjoff
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Mar 3, 2011
547 posts
263 upvotes
mixpdf wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 7:45 am
It is discontinued but there's still limited stock floating around. Individual sellers want silly prices, but it doesn't hurt to go on the waiting list if a legit website still has it listed. I saw it come back in stock twice while I was on the waiting list at fragrancex earlier this year. Grabbed it the second time.
Fragrancebuy has it posted on their website as out of stock, just sign up for the in-stock notification email.
Easto wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 5:36 pm
My Costco is slim pickings now.

The TDH is a good deal and I was hoping to grab 1 as well as VUI for gifts.

Still a couple John Varvatos. If they go on clearance I'll grab 1 of those. 10/10 scent, not the greatest performance.
Go to the new Costco Stoney Creek - it's like they have pallets of fragrances when I was there last about a week ago and they had everything except Aventus.
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 12:11 pm

Also speaking of clones, or fragrances that remind you of other fragrances, I tried MAC Velvet Teddy yesterday. Man does that ever remind me of TF TV. I sprayed it last night (8:00ish) on the back of my hand in the store. Several hand washings and two showers later I can still faintly smell it right now. At $65 this stuff is a steal if you ask me.
I am telling you and everyone else here when I posted about VT a while back ago, it's the scent to buy if you want that secret weapon that wont break the bank. I would like to say that VT is definitely a clone and after smelling it again this past weekend, I will try to score a few bottles.
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:44 am
Debating whether it's worth it to go to the Estee Lauder sale next week. I got a ticket, but only really hoping to get fragrances if they even have any. It would be awesome if they have some TF stuff there although I know it's not likely.
Go to the sale, if it's a bust.. who cares but if you find something then you wont regret it. If you have a Friday ticket... the only time to go is first thing in the morning and it's a complete zoo, you will be lining up outside for about an hour or two that's how crazy the EL sale is.

So finally got a chance to smell PdM Herod.. holy shit that's good and sad that @nasa25 I didnt pick it up from FragranceBuy when they had stock -- definitely on my next purchase when available. I also came across a few other scents which I love after stopping by Niche Essence Friday evening.

Side Effect by Initio
Mortal Skin by Stephan Lucas Humbert

and then the wife ended up liking the Widian Collection (numbered series) plus the PdM Delina

Tonight, she surprised me with Creed Royal Oud.. wow.. what a fabulous scent and she never smelt it before but grabbed it anyways (oud lover) and loves it. I think based on the Fragrantica reviews it hits the smell right on the head and feel happy to add this my collection.

I do have a bottle of Creed - Original Vetiver up for sale, sprayed once and just not for me, it's very green, fresh clean and soapy scent and well sell it for $230 which is $5 more than what FragranceBuy sells it for and $10 cheaper than what I have it posted on Kijiji for AND you dont have to pay taxes Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

PM me if you are interested in this scent.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
I have Herod on my wish list. Have a few other disposable income priorities right now (iPhone X cough) but I’ll be making a big fragbuy purchase early next year plus a few splits. I can’t wait!
Firebolt wrote:
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
markopas wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:45 pm

Go to the new Costco Stoney Creek - it's like they have pallets of fragrances when I was there last about a week ago and they had everything except Aventus.

I don't live in the GTA
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
sotd - F'ing Fabulous from the house of Tom Ford
Firebolt wrote:
Jan 8, 2015
313 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markopas wrote:
Nov 12th, 2017 9:45 pm
Go to the sale, if it's a bust.. who cares but if you find something then you wont regret it. If you have a Friday ticket... the only time to go is first thing in the morning and it's a complete zoo, you will be lining up outside for about an hour or two that's how crazy the EL sale is.

So finally got a chance to smell PdM Herod.. holy shit that's good and sad that @nasa25 I didnt pick it up from FragranceBuy when they had stock -- definitely on my next purchase when available. I also came across a few other scents which I love after stopping by Niche Essence Friday evening.

Tonight, she surprised me with Creed Royal Oud.. wow.. what a fabulous scent and she never smelt it before but grabbed it anyways (oud lover) and loves it.
It is a Friday ticket, but I'm not taking time off work to go to a sale so no deal on first thing in the morning. Definitely not lining up for hours either on the off chance they might have something I like/want.

There's quite a few of the PdM line that I like. I'm very happy I managed to snag the Herod Tester from Fragrancebuy. Even better that it was during the 5% off sale. It has a vinyl sticker on the back of a triangle to show the top mid and base notes. The sticker looks easy to remove (vinyl not paper), but I think I'll leave it. In the end no issues with getting a tester from Fragrancebuy.

+1 for Royal Oud. Oud is really hit and miss for me, and more so for my wife. Sometimes it's really nice like Royal Oud, and sometimes it's dirty animalic and skanky like Le Labo 27. Royal Oud will be part of my order from Zee.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15698 posts
4438 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:57 am
It is a Friday ticket, but I'm not taking time off work to go to a sale so no deal on first thing in the morning. Definitely not lining up for hours either on the off chance they might have something I like/want.

There's quite a few of the PdM line that I like. I'm very happy I managed to snag the Herod Tester from Fragrancebuy. Even better that it was during the 5% off sale. It has a vinyl sticker on the back of a triangle to show the top mid and base notes. The sticker looks easy to remove (vinyl not paper), but I think I'll leave it. In the end no issues with getting a tester from Fragrancebuy.

+1 for Royal Oud. Oud is really hit and miss for me, and more so for my wife. Sometimes it's really nice like Royal Oud, and sometimes it's dirty animalic and skanky like Le Labo 27. Royal Oud will be part of my order from Zee.
I'm going to be eyeballing fragbuy come the new year for another pdm herod tester. I'm so close to getting tier 2 fragbuy status with tons of free shipping codes lol.

Everyone's getting perfume christmas gifts this year so I can rack up the 'sprays'.
Firebolt wrote:
Jan 8, 2015
313 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anybody know where to get decant bottles? I want to do some decants for myself for when I travel.

I've poked around on Amazon and a few other websites, but either they don't have what I want or the shipping absolutely kills it. I have a Travalo, but they aren't easily cleaned, suffer from evaporation over time and the cost will add up quickly.
Aug 22, 2009
655 posts
64 upvotes
Tested Mac Velvet Teddy today. I'd like to try Tobacco Vanille to compare.

I'm a bit torn on VT. Feels a bit too unisex to me. I'd prefer if it were a tad more masculine
Jan 8, 2015
313 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Easto wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 3:39 pm
Tested Mac Velvet Teddy today. I'd like to try Tobacco Vanille to compare.

I'm a bit torn on VT. Feels a bit too unisex to me. I'd prefer if it were a tad more masculine
I think that Tobacco Vanille is listed as a fragrance for men and women also.
Mar 3, 2011
547 posts
263 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 5:00 pm
I think that Tobacco Vanille is listed as a fragrance for men and women also.
You sir are correct, they are both considered unisex - but I find the sillage on the for VT way out performs TV by a mile, I have a sample of both.

I am going to use that as my SOTD tomorrow, TV on arm and VT on the other to compare.

SOTD was LaCoste L.12.12 Noir
May 28, 2006
577 posts
165 upvotes
CashJinx wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 2:51 pm
Anybody know where to get decant bottles? I want to do some decants for myself for when I travel.

I've poked around on Amazon and a few other websites, but either they don't have what I want or the shipping absolutely kills it. I have a Travalo, but they aren't easily cleaned, suffer from evaporation over time and the cost will add up quickly.
bestbottles.com if you want the ones most decanters/splitters use

Otherwise it's from China vs aliexpress for me if you can wait like 2-3 months for shipping. I have a bunch of funnels and 5-10ml glass atomizers incoming with the little metal covering.

If I wanted a lot of 15-50ml ones to decant everything I'd do bestbottle though.