Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

$10 Amazon Giftcard

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2015 2:17 pm
Mar 21, 2016
300 posts
144 upvotes
Edmonton

$10 Amazon Giftcard

Deal Link:
Basically, sign up and DL the app and you get a $10 Amazon GC (not sure if it's .com or .ca, still checking)

Just saw this advertised on kijiji - checked into mobilexpress and they seem to be some east coast based US survey company.

YMMV as this signup does detect and change phone settings and ppl have reported racking up U$188+ bill texting in the states. (DO NOT TRY THIS IF YOU DO NOT HAVE UNLIMITED TEXTING IN YOUR PLAN)
If anyone else can add to this would be much appreciated.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2005
1451 posts
485 upvotes
[QUOTE]MobileXpression records and collects information about participants' mobile data usage via an app, or if you're using an iPhone or iPad, through a VPN connection. This may include messaging services, mobile web browsing activity, usage and titles of downloaded applications and files as well as usage of cameras, video streaming and other utilities on the mobile device. The software may also collect information regarding the web pages you view, the links you access, and usage times for certain device activities (e.g., text messaging, call lengths, and web browsing).

Maintaining our panel members' privacy is our number one priority. Therefore, we do not collect or view the text or other personal content in any of our panel members files. This includes the actual content of text, email or instant messages, image files either downloaded or captured via the camera on a phone, or contact, address book or calendar entries saved on the phone or tablet computer.
In order to participate in MobileXpression, iPhone and iPad users are asked to download a configuration file which allows your web traffic to route through the MobileXpression servers so that we can accurately collect your mobile web data. This configuration file utilizes the VPN settings on your iPhone/iPad.
[/QUOTE]

If you use their app, they'll be tracking everything you do on your phone. Definitely not worth it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5437 posts
4855 upvotes
Toronto
You need to have the app for 1 week to get the card. Not really worth it to sell your privacy for $10, god knows what they will do with your information.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
4107 posts
1543 upvotes
Ontario
Will this work on a spare phone or does it need to be actively used?
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Wondering the same.

EDIT: This same offer is on the front page of Swagbucks for 500 points (Good for a $5 gift card).
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11896 posts
24203 upvotes
My Nexus 7 is compatible, so there's no worries in receiving unexpected bills, but to sell my privacy for $10... No thanks!
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
IDStorms wrote: My Nexus 7 is compatible, so there's no worries in receiving unexpected bills, but to sell my privacy for $10... No thanks!
Did you actually read their privacy policy?
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11896 posts
24203 upvotes
DPyro wrote: Did you actually read their privacy policy?
Yes I did... Did you?

I'm still not interested as they collect too much info for my liking, as stated further down the page!
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
IDStorms wrote: Yes I did... Did you?

I'm still not interested as they collect too much info for my liking, as stated further down the page!
It's 2015 if I want I can find out everything about you anyways regardless if you want me to or not.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11896 posts
24203 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: It's 2015 if I want I can find out everything about you anyways regardless if you want me to or not.
So who am I smarty pants? :razz:

When I use aliases, and there's no address given, my info is worth sh*t, and they cannot find out anything!

For $10, why should I accept that a company access any data on my tablet that they feel is necessary?

So tell me, did you install this garbage just to get $10?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
3352 posts
2339 upvotes
Langley
IDStorms wrote: So who am I smarty pants? :razz:

When I use aliases, and there's no address given, my info is worth sh*t, and they cannot find out anything!

For $10, why should I accept that a company access any data on my tablet that they feel is necessary?

So tell me, did you install this garbage just to get $10?
This is RFD bro, some of these guys would sell their first born for a good deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2010
1482 posts
824 upvotes
Somewhere in Ontario
Just realize that Facebook, Google, Microsoft and the government already have all your personal information, and even read your emails.
Jul 13, 2009
925 posts
186 upvotes
So evil I know vs evil I dont know? Hmmm....$0 vs $10....hmm....
Thanks.
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5710 upvotes
jellytime wrote: This is RFD bro, some of these guys would sell their first born for a good deal.
Hey! ... 10 bucks is 10 bucks, LOL ... :D
Jun 9, 2006
965 posts
425 upvotes
I installed it... gosh, it redirects all your internet traffic through a VPN!! :O :eek:
Feb 4, 2014
62 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
I installed this thing to an old cellphone for a week now. How do I know when its ok to take it off and still get the gift card?
Dec 29, 2014
577 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Swagbucks were advertising this too, if you signed up you would get 500 points. I installed the VPN and uninstalled it afterwards and got rewarded free 500 points. Used it on a 5$ starbucks egift card
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1914 upvotes
TO
dealstealer491 wrote: Swagbucks were advertising this too, if you signed up you would get 500 points. I installed the VPN and uninstalled it afterwards and got rewarded free 500 points. Used it on a 5$ starbucks egift card
How long did it take for points to be rewarded after you installed it?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Dec 29, 2014
577 posts
534 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
TorontoEh wrote: How long did it take for points to be rewarded after you installed it?
Less than a min. I got the giftcard code today lol