Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free $300 for opening CIBC Smart Account with usual requirements

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 20th, 2019 8:21 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3635 posts
1638 upvotes

Free $300 for opening CIBC Smart Account with usual requirements

Deal Link:
Please forgive me if this is a repost.

From CIBC webpage:

Get $300* and enjoy banking as flexible as you are
Hurry, offer ends June 30. Open a CIBC SmartTM Account today!

How to get $300

It only takes a few minutes to open an account.
To qualify for $300:
1.Open a new CIBC Smart™ Account before August 31, 2017.
2.Complete a direct deposit or 2 pre-authorized payments within 3 months.

The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) calendar year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened. Failing this, such Eligible Client (a “Disqualified Reward Client”) will not qualify for the Cash Reward. If the Cash Reward has already been provided to a Disqualified Reward Client, CIBC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to charge the client’s Chequing Account for, or send an invoice to the Disqualified Reward Client for, $300 CAD.
Last edited by braveblade on Apr 12th, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Terms & Conditions PDF: https://www.cibc.com/content/dam/person ... 017-en.pdf

If you have a question like "where does it say ..." the answer is "in that PDF". :)

e.g.
- Must hold account open for a year from month-end (so 12.x months).
- Can't be an account holder EVER. Must be new to CIBC.

Easy direct deposit is to link tangerine with CIBC. Then from tangerine use move my money to transfer any amount to CIBC. That will count as direct deposit instead of payroll. (this counts for direct deposit to waive monthly fee as well)

The easiest way to setup two PAD is
1. Setup your tangerine savings account as a PAD.
2. Setup your TD savings account as another PAD.
this setup is done by me and working.
So how do i know its working?
Because they waive me the monthly fee by depositing 3000$ and setup the PAD ongoing basis. Thanks.
300 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
I see no mention of how long the account must be open and whether a restriction for previous promotions.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2321 posts
1308 upvotes
shows $150 on the webpage for me in ON
Apr 5, 2013
154 posts
18 upvotes
Terms and conditions

A transaction includes cheques, withdrawals, transfers, pre-authorized payments, bill payments (including CIBC Credit Cards and CIBC Personal Lines of Credit) and debit purchases. Transfers to CIBC-branded loans (excluding CIBC Personal Lines of Credit), mortgages and investments (registered and non-registered) are free. “CIBC-branded” means any brand that has CIBC in its name. Additional fee(s) apply to withdrawals from non-CIBC bank machines and transactions in foreign currency (including cheques written in currencies other than the account currency).

* To qualify, open a CIBC Smart Account held at a participating CIBC banking centre located within the province of Alberta. Next, within 3 calendar months, set up and complete within the CIBC Smart Account at least one (1) eligible recurring direct deposit OR at least two (2) different eligible recurring pre-authorized debits within the same calendar month and get $300 within 12 to 16 weeks. Offer ends April 28, 2017, and is not open to persons who have or jointly hold a CIBC chequing account. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer, reward or rebate except the CIBC Homeowner® Banking Bundle or the CIBC Smart Account fee waiver. Other conditions apply; for full details, call us at 1-866-525-8622 or see the Terms and Conditions (PDF, 43 KB)

1 Please see the Personal Account Service Fees brochure available at cibc.com or in-branch for a description of transactions that are included in the CIBC Smart™ Account monthly fee and everyday banking fees for other Personal Bank Accounts and Services.

2 The additional $1.50 service fee has been removed for sending Interac e-Transfers®. Each Interac e-Transfer you send counts as a transaction for calculating your monthly fee.

CIBC Smart™ Account is a trademark of CIBC. CIBC Cube Design and “Banking that fits your life.” are trademarks of CIBC.
Apr 5, 2013
154 posts
18 upvotes
So to get free $300

1) need a minimum balance of $3000 (to have the monthly fee waived)
2) wait about 12-16 weeks according to t&c
3) and wait 12 months to keep the account open
Last edited by GreenFlagDeal on Apr 12th, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3635 posts
1638 upvotes
bkushner wrote: I see no mention of how long the account must be open and whether a restriction for previous promotions.
I updated it in the post. 1-year as usual.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
Applied and accepted. Guess I keep 3000 in the account for a year.
Apr 11, 2017
6 posts
where do you see the condition to keep account open for 12 months?
popcardexpress.ca - Canada's online 3D Paper Pop Cards, design meticulously handcrafted 3D pop-up greeting cards, you can truly express your feeling for all occasions.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1693 posts
1946 upvotes
vancouver
I already did this last year when they had the same offer. Any restrictions on me doing it again? I'm always on board for 10% ROI risk free.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
frozenmelon wrote: I already did this last year when they had the same offer. Any restrictions on me doing it again? I'm always on board for 10% ROI risk free.
I see no restriction
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9435 posts
11735 upvotes
Calgary
They have a 4.95$ monthly fee option on this account. I may just do that.
Apr 18, 2017
57 posts
11 upvotes
Saw this on my online banking sign-in, the account is $5.99 a month and apparently they'll give you $300 to make one direct deposit.

Change the deposit account for say, your tax return, which is what I'm doing, and get another $300, cancel the account with no fees.
Dec 14, 2016
277 posts
559 upvotes
I see the account details but nothing about the $300. Any advert showing this?
Apr 18, 2017
57 posts
11 upvotes
Yeah that why I put (AB) in the title, seriously no one wants $300 in AB? You people scramble to save five dollars
Jun 27, 2012
340 posts
298 upvotes
You can waive the monthly fee too:
"Your monthly fee is completely waived when you keep a minimum daily balance of $3,000 and you make a recurring direct deposit or 2 pre-authorized payments each month."
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2011
1151 posts
340 upvotes
Epitaph85 wrote: Yeah that why I put (AB) in the title, seriously no one wants $300 in AB? You people scramble to save five dollars
They're all rich from the oil sands, lol.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)