• Oct 20th, 2019 8:21 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2009
1831 posts
310 upvotes
Nova Scotia
BritishColumbian wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 1:14 pm
I had a CIBC account 20 years ago, that'd be funny if they denied me a $300 promo because of that.
I went to another branch. It wasn't brought up although the CSR must have known and used my old profile information as when I login all my bill payees from before are there. Still got the $300.00.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1033 posts
384 upvotes
Waterloo
I had a CIBC account open a few years back for their $400 promo but it's been closed for a while. Started up a new CIBC Smart account in May for this promo and got the $300 deposited with no issue back in July.

Also, for anyone wondering, I set up a link with my Tangerine account through the Tangerine site; they made two confirmation deposits into my CIBC account which counted for the direct deposit condition. I didn't set up any further direct deposit nor did I complete two preauthorized payments.

Now to wait til next May to cancel!
Aug 6, 2012
350 posts
445 upvotes
AURORA
Looks like they did another batch of $300 deposits... got mine yesterday.
Electronic Funds Transfer CREDIT MEMO $300 CIBC Smart Offer
Banned
Feb 28, 2017
26 posts
2 upvotes
3 more days…

Anyways, can you get rejected for bad credit?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2017
1155 posts
288 upvotes
bugmenot69 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 9:37 pm
3 more days…

Anyways, can you get rejected for bad credit?
Someone I know that has bad credit just got this account. I have no idea how it doesn't make sense. Maybe they don't have had bad credit after all?

If you have bad credit, it doesn't hurt to try to get the account, bad credit is bad credit. I doubt trying can make it worse.
Oct 29, 2016
104 posts
84 upvotes
I opened my account end of July (bank waived my first fee) and I received my $300 few days ago. All I did was tangerine transfer. I'm a student. Anyone know if I'm allowed to switch my account to CIBC Student Bank Account to avoid future charges? Do I need to wait 3 months or something?
Sep 3, 2012
277 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
imaredflagger wrote:
Aug 28th, 2017 11:27 pm
I opened my account end of July (bank waived my first fee) and I received my $300 few days ago. All I did was tangerine transfer. I'm a student. Anyone know if I'm allowed to switch my account to CIBC Student Bank Account to avoid future charges? Do I need to wait 3 months or something?
Accounts are referred to as “Chequing Accounts”. The Cash Reward is subject to the condition (the “Reward Condition”) that the Eligible Client’s Chequing Account must remain open, active and unconverted for at least one (1) calendar year from the month-end of the month during which the Account was opened. Failing this, such Eligible Client (a “Disqualified Reward Client”) will not qualify for the Cash Reward. If the Cash Reward has already been provided to a Disqualified Reward Client, CIBC reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to charge the client’s Chequing Account for, or send an invoice to the Disqualified Reward Client for, $300 CAD.
May 18, 2017
327 posts
115 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Anyone know if you can setup PADs with a pc financial account? I don't have tangerine.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2006
4507 posts
1434 upvotes
Winnipeg
whatyoulookinatbud wrote:
Aug 30th, 2017 10:15 pm
Anyone know if you can setup PADs with a pc financial account? I don't have tangerine.
Yes I've done it with PC
Jun 25, 2012
123 posts
47 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone know whether a payment pulled by AMEX will count as PAD? Or do you have to do the actual AMEX PAD? TIA
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2821 posts
696 upvotes
Can anyone confirm using Tangerine's move my money to CIBC counts as a direct deposit?
Dec 22, 2012
85 posts
97 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
braveblade wrote:
Sep 4th, 2017 3:38 pm
Can anyone confirm using Tangerine's move my money to CIBC counts as a direct deposit?
Yes it counts. Waives the monthly fee and is eligible for the $300.

These are all the transactions I've made besides the initial deposit and the two verification deposits when linking with Tangerine.
Oct 8, 2008
337 posts
72 upvotes
User244040 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 9:36 pm
I'm a bit new to this. For the recurring pre-authorized debits, is there a minimum $ amount limit (would a $15 payment be okay)?

How do I setup a pre-auth debit for my TD and RBC savings accounts? Online, they only let me setup pre-auth if I do a payment from the same bank's chequin account (but not from a different bank)

I've never set up a pre-auth debit, so would appreciate some confirmation :)
Did you figure this one out? I am stuck too.
Thanks
Jan 12, 2010
697 posts
153 upvotes
user007 wrote:
Sep 6th, 2017 10:34 pm
Did you figure this one out? I am stuck too.
Thanks
You can call TD and tell them to do a OFI PAD