Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2014 11:10 am
Aug 25, 2012
947 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
shinyredbike wrote: I hope TD doesn't count the time for my cheque to clear as a zero balance.
You know they will if they can.
Sep 6, 2010
789 posts
99 upvotes
Waterloo
Cheques deposit if held is still counted to your account balance -- just not your available balance. Waiver is based on end of day balance. EDIT: Not sure if it's end of day balance or the balance after each transaction.
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
CsG wrote: Cheques deposit if held is still counted to your account balance -- just not your available balance. Waiver is based on end of day balance. EDIT: Not sure if it's end of day balance or the balance after each transaction.
End of day.
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
superstarmd wrote: Just opened a new infinity acc today and transferred all of the money i had in the saving acc thru which i got paid by my boss, but i'm still wondering about the first step - direct deposit..Do i have to ask my boss tO deposit my salary into the new acc instead of the saving one? Or they just continue paying me in the same way and once i get the money, i transfer to the new acc by myself, does it still count ?
Yes. No.

If you transfer into your new account then it's NOT a direct deposit. You will have to provide your new account info to your employer and ask them to do the payroll deposit to it instead.
May 28, 2004
851 posts
181 upvotes
I am already starting to hate TD bank
I got ding $9 and $2
$9 for infinity account fee - even though I deposit a cheque the same day when I open the account.
$2 for chq return fee - Even though I set from the beginning that I want paperless

Now if I call in to get things straightened out - I may get disqualified ?? :mad: Someone from TD need to officially chime in here...
Though I still may want to though it out for a $14 galaxy tab :lol: (unless I get ding again next month for something else... )
or get everything straightened out after I got my galaxy tab :LOL:
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
Ridiculous. I opened the account May 15 - deposited $3550 in person that day at TD.

I got dinged an $8.69 "infinite fee" - just called. They are going to reverse it tomorrow one the system is back up. The most annoying part is that my balance is like $2.00 below $3500 right now. So I know next month I'll be dinged again a "day prorated fee". Clearly I'll force them to reverse both. If they don't give me a tablet for the reversal of their mistakes, I will raise utter hell.
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
daikman wrote: Ridiculous. I opened the account May 15 - deposited $3550 in person that day at TD.

I got dinged an $8.69 "infinite fee" - just called. They are going to reverse it tomorrow one the system is back up. The most annoying part is that my balance is like $2.00 below $3500 right now. So I know next month I'll be dinged again a "day prorated fee". Clearly I'll force them to reverse both. If they don't give me a tablet for the reversal of their mistakes, I will raise utter hell.
No you will get dinged the full fee, not prorated, for the month of June. They only prorate the first month since you opened the account mid-month.
Feb 18, 2004
821 posts
302 upvotes
ndondo wrote: I am already starting to hate TD bank
I got ding $9 and $2
$9 for infinity account fee - even though I deposit a cheque the same day when I open the account.
$2 for chq return fee - Even though I set from the beginning that I want paperless

Now if I call in to get things straightened out - I may get disqualified ?? :mad: Someone from TD need to officially chime in here...
Though I still may want to though it out for a $14 galaxy tab :lol: (unless I get ding again next month for something else... )
or get everything straightened out after I got my galaxy tab :LOL:
Relax. If you do everything they asked, they will give you the tablet. Just make sure you document everything.
Aug 25, 2012
947 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
I'm surprised no other bank is offering a similar promotion.
Mar 3, 2008
488 posts
243 upvotes
Toronto
daikman wrote: Ridiculous. I opened the account May 15 - deposited $3550 in person that day at TD.

I got dinged a $9 fee as well and I deposited 4000$ the first day the account was opened.

I'm not going to try and reverse the fee because of an earlier post that said anyone who gets fees waved don't get a tablet.

A 10$ tab is not that bad, and I don't want to risk it. This just supports my decision to close this account as soon as I get the tablet. These big banks are terrible.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1318 posts
727 upvotes
EDMONTON
Knaw wrote: These big banks are terrible.
Yeah, I hate these big banks, TD in particular where they constantly charge me couple of dollars here and there every few months. I'm going back to PC Financial where its truly free from ridiculous charges when I get my tablet from TD. My co-worker who used to work for TD told me that it is the most expensive bank with them since they nickel and dime their customers for charges.
Oct 13, 2012
100 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
Sorry to be off-topic, but I have a different experience with TD. Just to be clear, don't work for TD. After we landed in Canada (2 years + few months) we opened an account at TD. Since then, we never paid a dime for any charges. We have a Select account now (when we started we had a value I think), and we are getting a lot of free stuff (TD Auto Club similar to CAA: FREE, 100 checks: FREE, certified checks: FREE, unlimited transactions). I didn't tried the deposit box (free as well). They always answer my questions from online banking, employees in any branch are very helpful...
Jul 23, 2006
200 posts
2 upvotes
I also find TD bank tellers / sales reps to be (on average) hotter than the other banks.
Oct 1, 2012
312 posts
66 upvotes
Toronto
Would anybody know if this offer applies to existing TD customers who are upgrading to one of the eligible accounts. I added my wife recently to my Select Service account as a joint account holder. If she opens an eligible account of her own, will this offer still apply ?

~
sanket
Sep 19, 2010
451 posts
76 upvotes
Marieville
mrdevil wrote: I also find TD bank tellers / sales reps to be (on average) hotter than the other banks.
Do you have pics ??? :lol:
May 9, 2002
268 posts
33 upvotes
mrdevil wrote: I also find TD bank tellers / sales reps to be (on average) hotter than the other banks.
+1

I used to hate going to the bank until my local branch opened. I swear they hire models or former models. Now I make excuses to go :razz:
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2004
1025 posts
344 upvotes
sanket007 wrote: Would anybody know if this offer applies to existing TD customers who are upgrading to one of the eligible accounts. I added my wife recently to my Select Service account as a joint account holder. If she opens an eligible account of her own, will this offer still apply ?

~
sanket
+1
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2004
2513 posts
1553 upvotes
Toronto
sanket007 wrote: Would anybody know if this offer applies to existing TD customers who are upgrading to one of the eligible accounts. I added my wife recently to my Select Service account as a joint account holder. If she opens an eligible account of her own, will this offer still apply ?

~
sanket
You can't have an existing chequing account.
So if you have a savings account and open a chequing account you're eligible.
LRT: Let's Ruin Toronto
Aug 25, 2012
947 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
joo wrote: You can't have an existing chequing account.
So if you have a savings account and open a chequing account you're eligible.
Yeah, the rep told me that you must not have a TD chequing account (any type) within the last 90 days to qualify.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)