Expired Hot Deals

Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2014 11:10 am
Sep 10, 2006
1527 posts
261 upvotes
MrRockstar wrote:
May 13th, 2013 5:01 pm
For those wondering about the specs of Samsung Galaxy Tab:
I didn't post the specs in case a new one came out before the end of July 2013, but I will update the OP with your info!
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Jul 23, 2011
652 posts
164 upvotes
Psygineer wrote:
May 13th, 2013 5:03 pm
I didn't post the specs in case a new one came out before the end of July 2013, but I will update the OP with your info!
What I am really interested in is if TD views "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2" as the latest model of "Samsung Galaxy Tab" because then the specs would be different.

Nexus 7 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JU4_SJ5LgY

Also,
New 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Arrive This Month
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Galaxy ... 22349.html
[OP]
Sep 10, 2006
1527 posts
261 upvotes
MrRockstar wrote:
May 13th, 2013 5:10 pm
What I am really interested in is if TD views "Samsung Galaxy Tab 2" as the latest model of "Samsung Galaxy Tab" because then the specs would be different.

Nexus 7 vs Samsung Galaxy Tab
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JU4_SJ5LgY

Also,
New 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Arrive This Month
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Galaxy ... 22349.html
Yeah, that's the other reason why I didn't post the specs originally. It isn't clear right now, but I am hoping the details will come out over time. For me it is a no brainer, I need a new account, this one is perfectly suited for my needs, so whatever I get is better than the tablet I have now (which is none)!
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16711 posts
3011 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
So what do I get for being a TD customer with an infinity account for the last forever and a huge mortgage... nothing? Thanks!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
16711 posts
3011 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
yuprules wrote:
May 13th, 2013 4:42 pm
Either keep $3,500 in the account OR pay $15 a month, might as well just buy the tablet yourself on sale for $179. Who the heck keeps $3,500 in a checking account getting no interest, unless you are rich I guess.
Have you seen interest rates lately? It's cheaper to keep money in the account earning no interest than it is to pay fees and put the money elsewhere. I don't know of any guaranteed investment that is going to pay out $15 a month in interest on such a small amount of money as a few thousand dollars.

If you have a sum of money that you're not prepared to lose in the short term there are like no choices right now that pay anything out that is even worth the trouble of setting up.
[OP]
Sep 10, 2006
1527 posts
261 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
May 13th, 2013 5:32 pm
So what do I get for being a TD customer with an infinity account for the last forever and a huge mortgage... nothing? Thanks!
They thought of you, it was in my OP too.
Jan 30, 2006
701 posts
185 upvotes
Does anyone know what is 'eligible direct deposit'
I don't get paid by direct deposit but I receive child benefit
will it be considered eligible?
[OP]
Sep 10, 2006
1527 posts
261 upvotes
kashirin wrote:
May 13th, 2013 5:53 pm
Does anyone know what is 'eligible direct deposit'
I don't get paid by direct deposit but I receive child benefit
will it be considered eligible?
I would assume it is any recurring, however you may wish to contact TD themselves to be sure. From the rules: "Whether or not a recurring direct deposit (for example from your employer or pension provider) is an acceptable form of direct deposit for this offer is subject to our approval." Like I could see them not accepting a once a year tax cheque deposit as a direct deposit, but anything at least monthly I would assume would be fine. But like I said, check with TD!
May 9, 2012
720 posts
81 upvotes
Good thing I closed my account from the last promotion in Feb haha. I'd rather the free 250 but a tablet is ok
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5511 posts
447 upvotes
Mississauga
1. Complete one recurring, eligible Direct Deposit
2. Complete one bill payment (via EasyWeb or the TD Mobile app)
3. Complete a Pre-Authorized Debit transaction

2 is a online bill payment, easy enough. For 3, does making a PayPal payment with direct withdrawal count as a pre-auth debit?

And damn, 10-12 weeks for the tablet to arrive?
Deal Addict
May 9, 2009
4811 posts
722 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote:
May 13th, 2013 5:32 pm
They should send a free tablet to all of their customers, right?
May 9, 2012
720 posts
81 upvotes
Just switch your direct deposit from work and set up automatic cell phone bill payment via the account for 3-4 months and you're fine.

That's what I did last year.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2619 posts
1278 upvotes
Montreal
Longobongo wrote:
May 13th, 2013 8:33 pm
1. Complete one recurring, eligible Direct Deposit
2. Complete one bill payment (via EasyWeb or the TD Mobile app)
3. Complete a Pre-Authorized Debit transaction

2 is a online bill payment, easy enough. For 3, does making a PayPal payment with direct withdrawal count as a pre-auth debit?

And damn, 10-12 weeks for the tablet to arrive?
What qualifies for #3 and easy to perform?

virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 8:56 am
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
Feb 19th, 2013 12:35 am
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
× < >