Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

• Last Updated:
  • May 9th, 2014 11:10 am
Sep 10, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
kashirin wrote: Does anyone know what is 'eligible direct deposit'
I don't get paid by direct deposit but I receive child benefit
will it be considered eligible?
has to be monthly or more frequent.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
Psygineer wrote: My father was an idiot and did just that, no interest on all the money he made in 40 years of working. All sat in a chequeing account. Would not listen to anyone that he should put it into a savings account. He was afraid of paying taxes on the interest...

It's actually good for me because currently my chequeing account gets hit by a 75 cent fee no matter what I do (deposit/withdrawl/auto-matic payment) so this will actually save me money since there are no fees whatsoever on it as far as I can tell. Plus free cheques rather than having to buy a book of cheques at $20 a pop, plus the fee of using them.
$3500 is about $70 interest a year, and half of that will be wasted in taxes. So you only paying around $35 for the tablet over a year.

I'm notoriously bad for remembering to move my money out of chequing and into some form of savings. i have some auto-transfers set up into investment accounts, but I still manage to float over 50k in my chequing.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1924 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
theyoos wrote: Have to be a new customer. if you have closed your chqing account before Mid March 2013, you can qualify. However if you have any chqing account still active you do not qualify.

As for fees, you can close after August 30th without fee provided youe account has been open for 90 days. before 90 days its a $15 surcharge

as for first 10,000, that's only the first bunch that TD has ordered, there's no upper limit, it might just take longer if you're 10,001+
What if someone only has a saving account?
Coz it says existing chequing account holders not eligible.. So I guess if existing account holder only has saving account then they should be good.. Have to call to double check..
----
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1176 posts
922 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Get a $25? A $25 what?
ya seriously? I recently upgraded to infinity and have per-authorized payments and have over 3500 in my balance. Would be cool to get a little something for once
May 9, 2012
728 posts
88 upvotes
So if I apply online, how do I deposit the 3500$ so they don't charge me 15$?

I don't want to go in cause it takes like 30 minutes
Sep 10, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
lex4ever wrote: What if someone only has a saving account?
Coz it says existing chequing account holders not eligible.. So I guess if existing account holder only has saving account then they should be good.. Have to call to double check..
Pretty sure you should be good to go, check with the person when you open the account. Make sure to get a card or a name for follow up if they say you qualify.
Sep 10, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
jagerbombs wrote: So if I apply online, how do I deposit the 3500$ so they don't charge me 15$?

I don't want to go in cause it takes like 30 minutes
Email money transfer the same day the account is open..if you leave a zero balance for one business day you'll get charged.
Sep 6, 2010
789 posts
99 upvotes
Waterloo
bgallagher wrote: LOL, I called TD and the dude told me there's a difference between pre-authorized debit transaction and pre-authorized transfer, :-0 .
Pre-auth transfer is for transfers between accounts.
lex4ever wrote: What if someone only has a saving account?
Valid for new chequing account customers.
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2339 posts
1044 upvotes
I was humming and hawing over whether I should sign up & then close my account 90 days later just to get this tablet. I'm just wondering how much time I'm going to have to waste to get this deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2012
1924 posts
352 upvotes
Toronto
called and confirmed.. anyone who doesnt have td chequing account is eligible.. so if you hv savings account, you are still eligible..

secondly, automatic credit card payment counts as a automatic pre-authorized debit so we can just set up usual credit card payment...
----
May 28, 2004
851 posts
181 upvotes
You only need to complete 2 out of 3

1. Complete one recurring, eligible Direct Deposit
2. Complete one bill payment (via EasyWeb or the TD Mobile app)
3. Complete a Pre-Authorized Debit transaction

Easy for me is

1. Paycheck
2. will Credit card payment work?
3. ICBC pre authorized debit

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2bpnxh.jpg
Sep 10, 2008
28 posts
4 upvotes
ndondo wrote: You only need to complete 2 out of 3

1. Complete one recurring, eligible Direct Deposit
2. Complete one bill payment (via EasyWeb or the TD Mobile app)
3. Complete a Pre-Authorized Debit transaction

Easy for me is

1. Paycheck
2. will Credit card payment work?
3. ICBC pre authorized debit

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2bpnxh.jpg
Credit card payment will work as long as its done online, yes
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2909 posts
396 upvotes
lex4ever wrote: called and confirmed.. anyone who doesnt have td chequing account is eligible.. so if you hv savings account, you are still eligible..

secondly, automatic credit card payment counts as a automatic pre-authorized debit so we can just set up usual credit card payment...
Wow that is crap.

I actually just got an offer for an Infinite Travel card so I accepted and was going to upgrade to the Select Service account to avoid the annual fee but I'm losing out because I get nothing for opening the account.

I think I'm going to cancel my Visa and my chequing account and just wait for a good promo to sign up again.

I still have my credit union account anyway.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2006
1563 posts
273 upvotes
I went to a TD Branch yesterday. They had posters for this up all over the place. I had a long and detailed conversation with the banker, and it seems like there are no hidden catches or nasty fees if you maintain the required balance (other than maybe having to pay for shipping for the free cheques as the banker wasn't sure how that worked.) You must keep the account for at least 90 days or there is a fee to close it unless you move the funds to another TD account. The credit cards require you to have an income of over $35,000, however they didn't make the credit card a mandatory step this time. As for:

1. Complete one recurring, eligible Direct Deposit (Employment income that is paid bi-weekly is eligible, quarterly deposits or less than once a month are not. Once a month may need special approval to count.)
2. Complete one bill payment (via EasyWeb or the TD Mobile app) Using your tablet (that you don't have yet) or any compatible device you can log in to the mobile app and pay a bill, any bill, even your TD credit card bill (She specified TD Credit Card, however that could have been just so she wasn't endorsing competing ones). You can also do this via their website. The lady I was talking to suggested doing more than one just to be sure it counts it.
3. Complete a Pre-Authorized Debit transaction (if you set your bills up to automatically be paid via your account, it should count.)

She didn't have any details on which Tab it would be, just that it would be the Wi-Fi version of the most current version as of July 2013. I asked if that was just the Galaxy Tab, or if that was the Galaxy Tab 3, and she said she doesn't know anything about it but likely is the Tab 3 since it is newer. I didn't open the account because that branch was out of small safety deposit boxes but was willing to arrange for me to have one at another branch... I figured I may as well just go sign up at that other branch to make it easier. The other branch is closer to work, rather than to home. Is open Sundays, and is a brand new building that just opened last year so I might even get a Safety Deposit box with that new box smell!

The Tablets will likely be sent out starting in September/October, or 10-12 weeks after you meet all conditions whichever is later.
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2006
1563 posts
273 upvotes
KT2312 wrote: thanks OP, i already had a select account, going for the draw now.
You're most welcome, good luck!
Psygineer = Psychological Engineer, when A.I. gets strong enough, I will be the first in the field of Android counseling.
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2009
16955 posts
1538 upvotes
scarberia
hot if it was a sammy 4th
i5 2500k PC RIP | Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB SSD | Samsung 840 Pro 256 gb SSD | Eco Coolit hybrid | MSI P67A-GD53 (B3) | 16 gb DDR3 RAM | GeForce GTS 450 x 2 SLI | Antec TP 650W modular | Antec 300 case | ACER H236HL IPS | DIR-880L AC router | Buffalo LS421DE NAS | Windows 8.1 Pro
Nov 20, 2004
837 posts
1203 upvotes
Vancouver
Too bad this didn't apply to Waterhouse since I'll be opening an account very soon.
Dec 14, 2005
923 posts
558 upvotes
Mississauga
theyoos wrote: Email money transfer the same day the account is open..if you leave a zero balance for one business day you'll get charged.
If you go to the branch they can waive the fee until the end of the month to give you enough room for money transfer. At least that was my case when I signed up today

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)