Page 5 of 72

Re: Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

Posted: May 14th, 2013 2:52 pm
by Longobongo
I might as well apply for an account today. How to you transfer funds from a PC Financial account?

Re: Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

Posted: May 14th, 2013 3:01 pm
by Psygineer
Premium wrote:
May 14th, 2013 6:43 pm
I just had my direct deposit switched to TD today and does it count if one of my bi-weekly was done before the switch? I still have another direct deposit coming at the end of the month. I see you mention twice a month.
From my understanding it would count. You only need to have the recurring direct deposit attached before August 30th, 2013. That direct deposit should be bi-weekly in order to ensure the likelihood of it being accepted as valid, but she did mention some monthly ones my be accepted too, anything less than monthly was unlikely to count. So with that said, I assume you are good to go! Now you just need to do item 2 or 3 from the list to finish qualifying.

Posted: May 14th, 2013 3:02 pm
by Psygineer
Longobongo wrote:
May 14th, 2013 6:52 pm
I might as well apply for an account today. How to you transfer funds from a PC Financial account?
I don't have PC financial, the easiest way would be to write a cheque. Otherwise likely log in to the PC Financial site, and put a transfer though their system to your new account. Failing that, visit the ATM repeatedly until you have the amount you need in cash!

Posted: May 14th, 2013 3:12 pm
by theyoos
ovexi wrote:
May 14th, 2013 4:52 pm
If you go to the branch they can waive the fee until the end of the month to give you enough room for money transfer. At least that was my case when I signed up today
Well there are two ways to do it. If they choose to waive it automatically it makes you ineligible for the giveaway. If they do it manually, then you will still get it. Call and ask ASAP.

Posted: May 14th, 2013 3:48 pm
by ovexi
theyoos wrote:
May 14th, 2013 7:12 pm
Well there are two ways to do it. If they choose to waive it automatically it makes you ineligible for the giveaway. If they do it manually, then you will still get it. Call and ask ASAP.
I was told I am still eligible for the giveway

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - Confirmed

Posted: May 14th, 2013 4:26 pm
by MajinDenert
Just called in and as per their help desk it's the new Tab that will be released next month. I am on the fence as this is a low end entry level tablet. May not be worth the time...

Posted: May 14th, 2013 4:41 pm
by Longobongo
Psygineer wrote:
May 14th, 2013 7:02 pm
I don't have PC financial, the easiest way would be to write a cheque. Otherwise likely log in to the PC Financial site, and put a transfer though their system to your new account. Failing that, visit the ATM repeatedly until you have the amount you need in cash!
Ah nice, PCF does allow bank to bank transfers through online banking and it counts as a "pre-authorized debit". So if I transfer funds back from TD to PCF that should qualify condition #3 right?

Posted: May 14th, 2013 4:47 pm
by coolspot
yuprules wrote:
May 13th, 2013 4:42 pm
F
Either keep $3,500 in the account OR pay $15 a month, might as well just buy the tablet yourself on sale for $179. Who the heck keeps $3,500 in a checking account getting no interest, unless you are rich I guess.
Many people to get free banking at a major bank.

Posted: May 14th, 2013 5:42 pm
by bgallagher
If you assume the tablet is $200 and you keep $3500 for 90 days in TD bank account in order to get the tablet, that's a 22.8% return on your $3500 investment.
That's a pretty good investment!!! :cheesygri I'm in for a couple of Galaxy Tabs, :D .

3500 X 22.8% = 798 x (3/12) = 199.5

Posted: May 14th, 2013 5:55 pm
by jagerbombs
The tablet isn't worth 200$ even if that's what they sell for. I still want one cause its free

Posted: May 14th, 2013 6:21 pm
by zstubin
So do we have to sign up for a Visa or not? If we have to sign up for a Visa I should deposit $5k but if not just deposit $3.5k right?

Posted: May 14th, 2013 6:23 pm
by bgallagher
zstubin wrote:
May 14th, 2013 10:21 pm
So do we have to sign up for a Visa or not? If we have to sign up for a Visa I should deposit $5k but if not just deposit $3.5k right?
No, you don't.
http://www.tdcanadatrust.com/products-s ... edb-sa.jsp

Posted: May 14th, 2013 6:31 pm
by bgallagher
To get the latest 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab, follow these steps:

1. By July 19th, 2013, open a Select Service or Infinity account
2. By August 30th, 2013 (complete 2 of the following 3):
- Complete one recurring, eligible Direct Deposit
- Complete one bill payment (via EasyWeb or the TD Mobile app)
- Complete a Pre-Authorized Debit transaction
How will TD know that we completed 2 of the above? :arrowu:
How will TD know when to send the tablet? Are we supposed to sign up for the promo? I don't trust them when no document is signed.

Posted: May 14th, 2013 7:19 pm
by lex4ever
bgallagher wrote:
May 14th, 2013 10:31 pm
How will TD know that we completed 2 of the above? :arrowu:
How will TD know when to send the tablet? Are we supposed to sign up for the promo? I don't trust them when no document is signed.
They can check it easily from your account details.. Its not a 3rd party that's giving you the tab.. Its the bank only, so they can just check it in your account..

Posted: May 14th, 2013 7:50 pm
by doobgear
I'm think I'm going to try for this deal also.
I suggest everyone keep track of when they do the two requirements and keep a printout. Never trust a bank.

I got a similar back in October from BMO for 1000 air miles. I still have not received them and I contacted the bank and air miles. The bank said they are looking into it and air miles want me to open an investigation and I have get all the bank account info. Now I really am earning those miles.