Page 7 of 54

Re: Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

Posted: May 16th, 2013 9:24 pm
by YLSF
Anyone manage to get this for an "existing" customer? I would be willing to open up another account. If anyone knows a way around this or if branches are willing to accomodate please post. Otherwise, I guess I will try to ask next time I am there but rarely at a TD Branch during the day.

Re: Free 7" Galaxy Tab 3 for opening an account with TD [Over, On-going Discussion Only]

Posted: May 17th, 2013 11:49 am
by AoEKiller
No, existing customer already had a promo last year or 2 years ago.

Posted: May 17th, 2013 12:14 pm
by Knaw
After being a new TD customer for 3 days, I see why I have been so happy with ING and PC for the last 10 years.

Each time I have spoken to a teller, they have told me the exact opposite and contradicting information. When I phone in, the lady, Presumably from India gave me incorrect information about the requirement to open a savings account to setup a pretty authorized debit transfer. It took another 10 minutes to be transferred to someone who I could not just understand, but also had correct info.

Not sure why JD Power gives them awards. So far my opinion is everyone who works there doesn't know enough and their policies are garbage - especially their holding funds policy even when it is cash being deposited!

When I get the tab in out. Shame because I did not sign up just for the tab.

Posted: May 17th, 2013 1:00 pm
by Gr4v1ty
Should I just wait for the new tablet to be released? I'm not sure that I understand which tablet is going to be sent..

Posted: May 17th, 2013 3:35 pm
by moneytech
If they wont be shipping the tablet until a couple months after the promotion then the best way to get this tablet seems to be to open the account as close to July 19 as possible then deposit the $3500 on your infinity account. You have till august 31 to do 2 of 3 of the requirements.
Once you get your tablet and 90 days has elapsed, you can close the account.

Posted: May 17th, 2013 4:02 pm
by boyoflondon
Knaw wrote: especially their holding funds policy even when it is cash being deposited!
Holds are based on ones credit rating. They will range from a full hold to a partial hold where they give you up to $2k available right away.

Machine is not a human and doesn't know whether you put in a personal chq, government one or cash hence why anything deposited through an ATM is automatically held. Thank all those empty envelope individuals for strict holds.

Posted: May 17th, 2013 4:09 pm
by Magoomba
Thinking about doing this promo but what's the word about TD's history of fulfilling these promos?
Sounds like people had a lot of issues in the past with the iPods...
Do I have to wait until I get the tablet before cancelling the account?

Posted: May 17th, 2013 5:20 pm
by RubberCheese
Magoomba wrote: Thinking about doing this promo but what's the word about TD's history of fulfilling these promos?
Sounds like people had a lot of issues in the past with the iPods...
Do I have to wait until I get the tablet before cancelling the account?
I got an ipod from them with no problem back around 2005. It doesn't really state that you need to keep your account til you get your device, but if it didn't come, it might be hard for them to help you if you already closed your account. Also, you need to keep your account open 3 months to avoid the early closure fee.

Posted: May 17th, 2013 5:41 pm
by Knaw
boyoflondon wrote: Holds are based on ones credit rating. They will range from a full hold to a partial hold where they give you up to $2k available right away.

Machine is not a human and doesn't know whether you put in a personal chq, government one or cash hence why anything deposited through an ATM is automatically held. Thank all those empty envelope individuals for strict holds.
I've got a stellar credit rating, and they said all accounts in the first 6 months will have holds.

In regards to cash going into the machine. When I was 18 And a brand new customer to PC, any new deposit was free to withdrawal up to $500. I had no credit and no relationship with them. TDs policy's are they simply that they do not trust new customers in my opinion, not a great way to start a relationship.

My point is after using free banks for so long, I now see that they are superior in many (not all) aspects - in relation to my preferences of course.

Posted: May 18th, 2013 4:49 pm
by joo
So what's the cash value of the Tab. Wondering what I'd need to add to get a nexus 7.

Posted: May 19th, 2013 12:42 am
by HDawg
joo wrote: So what's the cash value of the Tab. Wondering what I'd need to add to get a nexus 7.
Current Tab 2 will go about $200 most places. Sale price may be 10 to 50 off. I got mine last December at 150 from BB.

Posted: May 19th, 2013 1:04 am
by Psygineer
HDawg wrote: Current Tab 2 will go about $200 most places. Sale price may be 10 to 50 off. I got mine last December at 150 from BB.
It's probably the Tab 3. Probably has a similar price point though.

Posted: May 19th, 2013 6:34 am
by andriykoua
Thanks OP! Did everything in 1 day :D Need that tablet for my car so that I can watch movies and surf the web while driving :D

Posted: May 19th, 2013 8:39 am
by plymouthhater
Knaw wrote: After being a new TD customer for 3 days, I see why I have been so happy with ING and PC for the last 10 years.

Each time I have spoken to a teller, they have told me the exact opposite and contradicting information. When I phone in, the lady, Presumably from India gave me incorrect information about the requirement to open a savings account to setup a pretty authorized debit transfer. It took another 10 minutes to be transferred to someone who I could not just understand, but also had correct info.

Not sure why JD Power gives them awards. So far my opinion is everyone who works there doesn't know enough and their policies are garbage - especially their holding funds policy even when it is cash being deposited!

When I get the tab in out. Shame because I did not sign up just for the tab.
I opened my account yesterday. They put a 10 calendar day hold on the cheque I deposited to place the necessary funds into the account.
Regardless, both the fellow who opened the account and the "Customer Services Manager" who came in to introduce herself to the "new customer" went over the terms and conditions of the promo with me and they agreed that if I keep the $3,500 balance in my new "Infinity" account and get one bill set up for auto-pay (my gas bill) and pay one other bill - I am good to go.

Posted: May 19th, 2013 9:50 am
by Psygineer
andriykoua wrote: Thanks OP! Did everything in 1 day :D Need that tablet for my car so that I can watch movies and surf the web while driving :D
Err.... not entirely sure that is a good idea. You will be like, "this Tab has really great speakers, it's like there are really people screaming all around me..."

Posted: May 19th, 2013 1:02 pm
by CsG
plymouthhater wrote: I opened my account yesterday. They put a 10 calendar day hold on the cheque I deposited to place the necessary funds into the account.
Regardless, both the fellow who opened the account and the "Customer Services Manager" who came in to introduce herself to the "new customer" went over the terms and conditions of the promo with me and they agreed that if I keep the $3,500 balance in my new "Infinity" account and get one bill set up for auto-pay (my gas bill) and pay one other bill - I am good to go.
Make sure you call the rep who opened the account after you've done those things - just to be sure.

Posted: May 19th, 2013 1:21 pm
by lex4ever
how to set-up pre-auth credit card bill payment for condition 3???
can i do it online?

Posted: May 19th, 2013 1:52 pm
by onefive
jagerbombs wrote: So if I apply online, how do I deposit the 3500$ so they don't charge me 15$?

I don't want to go in cause it takes like 30 minutes
It takes 30 mins? Go ahead apply online see how long it actually takes

Posted: May 19th, 2013 1:58 pm
by xlim1017
if i do open an account online, do i still need to drop by the bank to do anything?? is there some sort of confirmation paper/reciept i get about the tablet? or is it just promised by word of mouth

Posted: May 19th, 2013 2:38 pm
by Nicknackman87
xlim1017 wrote: if i do open an account online, do i still need to drop by the bank to do anything?? is there some sort of confirmation paper/reciept i get about the tablet? or is it just promised by word of mouth
You will still need to go in to the bank as they have to verify your identity and signature.