• Jul 5th, 2016 10:59 am
Tags:
None
42 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2005
3680 posts
2537 upvotes
it said: You have entered an invalid username or password.

is there a typo somewhere?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1215 upvotes
Halifax
This is the second time you created a thread like this: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/free-acc ... s-1117532/

As I mentored in the last thread, most Canadian libraries provide free access to the website of Consumer Reports. If you have a valid library card, go to your library's website and look at their online resources. There is a very good chance you'll be able to get free, legal access.
[OP]
Jan 28, 2007
600 posts
88 upvotes
FunSave22 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 8:02 am
This is the second time you created a thread like this: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/free-acc ... s-1117532/

As I mentored in the last thread, most Canadian libraries provide free access to the website of Consumer Reports. If you have a valid library card, go to your library's website and look at their online resources. There is a very good chance you'll be able to get free, legal access.

My apologies, I should have added this to the previous posts. I'll see if they can be merged.
This username and password does work and it's a legit library access.
[OP]
Jan 28, 2007
600 posts
88 upvotes
farfargurl wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 12:47 am
it said: You have entered an invalid username or password.

is there a typo somewhere?

I just tried it and it still works.
I have relatives in the US and it's public knowledge that all libraries has free access to CR.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1215 upvotes
Halifax
trini_2_d_bone wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 9:22 am
This username and password does work and it's a legit library access.
Are you sure this is legit?

It looks a lot like a stolen or shared user name and password. Which I doubt is acceptable to Consumer Reports.

Most Canadian libraries offer free access to the website and you don't need to go the library to access it. You can do it from anywhere and all you need is a library card.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1215 upvotes
Halifax
A quick search shows this is from a small US library who made the mistake of posting their username and password on their website.

http://www.elizabethtaberlibrary.org/

It's clear the login info is only supposed to be used by members of the library, and if it's abused by the entire Internet it'll just result in the login access being revoked.

Just use your own library card and get access through your own library.
[OP]
Jan 28, 2007
600 posts
88 upvotes
FunSave22 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 9:48 am
A quick search shows this is from a small US library who made the mistake of posting their username and password on their website.

http://www.elizabethtaberlibrary.org/

It's clear the login info is only supposed to be used by members of the library, and if it's abused by the entire Internet it'll just result in the login access being revoked.

Just use your own library card and get access through your own library.

It's not a mistake and the library posted the login for anyone to use. Quite a few libraries in the US has this policy. Look at the "Quick links" below you'll see which ones need a library card and which ones do not. Not sure how you came up this this info. How could you possible abuse a consumer report account when is free at almost every library? Go figure.

Quick Links:

SAILS Online Network - You will need your library card # & PIN number (typically the last four digits of your local phone number)
Consumer Reports - User Name: judiescat Password: Kodiak
Grolier Online - You will need your library card number
Apply online for a library card
America's News: Search current and archived coverage of issues, events, people, government, sports and more with the largest collection of full-text U.S. newspapers. Includes staff-written articles, obituaries, editorials, announcements, real estate and other sections. (Clicking the link will will prompt remote patrons to enter their library card number in order to access information).
Paws & Claws
[OP]
Jan 28, 2007
600 posts
88 upvotes
FunSave22 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 9:40 am
Are you sure this is legit?

It looks a lot like a stolen or shared user name and password. Which I doubt is acceptable to Consumer Reports.

Most Canadian libraries offer free access to the website and you don't need to go the library to access it. You can do it from anywhere and all you need is a library card.

This is a very ignorant statement. How could it be stolen if the Library has it on their website?. I just logged in and it still works.
If this posting is not for you, please move on.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 26, 2002
8925 posts
2144 upvotes
Toronto, ON
It says "You have entered an invalid username or password." when I tried it 2 minutes ago.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2005
4882 posts
490 upvotes
Mississauga
rvs007 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2012 11:43 am
It says "You have entered an invalid username or password." when I tried it 2 minutes ago.

Same for me.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
6426 posts
4839 upvotes
trini_2_d_bone wrote:
Jan 26th, 2012 2:56 pm
This is a very ignorant statement. How could it be stolen if the Library has it on their website?. I just logged in and it still works.
If this posting is not for you, please move on.

What's listed on their website is old.

The log in information has been changed.

The website designer probably wasn't supposed to list it in the first place.

I'm sure their local clients are verbally told the proper info.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2010
3521 posts
1215 upvotes
Halifax
RickDC wrote:
May 23rd, 2012 1:48 am
Just tried this one and it worked:

https://www.ocps.net/lc/west/hoc/mediac ... fault.aspx
Or instead of using the login info from a Florida school board which likely didn't mean to post their login info to the entire internet, you could just get access from your local public library's website.

A quick check of your library shows that they offer free access to the website for anyone with a local library card. And the same will be true of most public libraries in Canada.

http://library.portmoody.ca/index.aspx?page=62
× < >